Car & Bike Formula 1 2014 Discussion thread.

Too soon to call off quits. A lot to happen in the season yet.
For starters there are rumors/news that Ross Brawn was recently seen the the Ferrari campus......
Ferrari was lapped by the Mercedes today. People may call Massa pessimistic but I think he is the only one who has the guts to admit openly that this year is done and no one is going to catch Mercedes.

Exciting start, slow middle, and an absloutely stonking conclusion. Nico needs to find some way to get closer to lewis a few laps earlier than he is currently able to, if he wants to get back on the top step.

Fantastic drive from Vettel to 5th from 15th. Alonso vs. Kimi was intense as heck :D.

Like I said before Nico is lacking. He is a good driver but doesn't have the edge that is required to be great. He can only win the championship by Lewis's misfortune.

I didn't find Kimi vs Alonso intense because Kimi was on the wrong strategy and I realized the moment he didn't come in the lap after Alonso pitted the second time. Kimi's race engineer should realize it was the Lotus and not Kimi that kept the Pirelli donuts happy the last 2 years. Also there wasn't much difference in performance between the 2 compounds last year but this time the deficit is quite big. The startegy was a risk that I as a driver would not have taken especially if I am paired with gloating Dick Dastardly.

It is odd people in the pit lane can watch the same feed as us but they don't warn their drivers if one of them takes an odd approach at a certain corner to overtake others. Remember Spa 2012 when Vettel used the bus stop corner to overtake others and kept repeating and succeeding or the corner after the tunnel at Monaco last year by Perez. Today Vettel found a corner and used it beautifully. Kudos to him for that. I really hope that he has a trouble weekend so that we can have a fair comparison between him and his team mate.

When I said I wanted the Kimi of McLaren days I meant ability wise not luck wise. I wonder if his scavenger teammate will say I beat my teammate again... sheeesh

The way Lewis acts no wonder he gets alienated. He is doing exactly what he did at McLaren. It is good to be disappointed when one is beaten whether in a fair fight or not but to express the way he does in public is humiliating for the team.

I watched the race only till that safety car period. The moment I saw that second pit stop I knew the best race of the year for me was over.

Hamilton is doing really good this year but he needs to grow up and behave maturely when it comes to handling defeat....
The least he could do today was to shake hands with Rosberg. Anyways.....
Monaco is one of my fav tracks and I wait for it eagerly. This race was fun to watch even though there was not much action on the track in terms of real racing but there was a lot happening to keep me glued to the race.
As usual Maldonado flopped..... this time at start. One would have thought that his not racing would lower the chance of safety car significantly but then there were many others who fell victim to this famous (infamous) street track. Even Kimi got locked up.... and nearly stalled his car near the barrier..... That was funny to watch....
Towards the end there were only 13drivers in the race and only 4 in the actual race for a position. 5th onwards were lapped with the last two drivers getting lapped twice and thrice.... What the hell are they doing..... It's surprising that Marrusia ended up in points despite the performance they put up.....

Vettel retired and I lost the jest of the race but Daniel kept the fun alive and specially in the last 8 laps when he closed up the gap tp Hamilton. Real good performance from Daniel. I wonder if he can consistently perform so well why should Vettel not??

Again... Like last year I dont see old women cribbing about this season being a boring or a predictable one just coz one team is dominating.....
Hypocrites .....

Vettel is in the Webber car this year :D.

Standard Monaco GP up until the last few laps, which were epic. I am really glad that Marussia got a couple of points, even though i was sad to see sauber still score nothing.

Kimi has been a guy of bad luck this year. He could have been in podium yesterday, but bad luck haunted him ... Hope he will rise again

I slowly starting to hate Hamilton now, Hope NICO will make him run for the championship..

Kimi has been a guy of bad luck this year. He could have been in podium yesterday, but bad luck haunted him ... Hope he will rise again
For some strange reason I feel that the Ferrari camp has not yet welcomed (embraced) him back on his return. Somehow it feels that he needs more support and communication from his team to achieve better results.

I want to kill Massa. :mad:
I am pretty sure that he will blame Perez for the crash.

Riccardio drove pretty well. Feeling sorry for Hamilton. He missed out on a whole bagful of points.

Rosberg is pretty lucky that Hamilton did not finish. If both had finished, a lot of people would be raising questions about the cutting chicane thing.

Massa always has a brain fart in such situations. Great race otherwise, well worth staying up.

Crap this means they will play the never ending Austrian anthem.

Feel sorry for Massa. He had the speed and the tyres to be on the top step.

Kimi, what can I say. I guess I should stop cheering for him this season.

An interesting race nevertheless after a long time.

Even when the commentators where bigging Massa, I knew he couldn't. May be Alonso, Lewis or Vettel or may be even Perez could but not Massa. He is not good in getting past traffic.

Kimi - What can I say, we should just remember the way he was and move on. He should retire from the sport on his own now. I don't know how he goes from just behind teammate to lost in the pack at the back.

First of all definitely a worthy race to stay up that late.....
Daniel was impressive, consistent and patient. And his perseverance did pay off....
The moment he took the lead from Rosberg the first thought to hit my mind was...
danny.jpg
Impresssive that Rosberg had the same issues as Lewis but he managed to run off till the end without ERS or problems with rear brakes.
Hulkenberg too had issues with his rear brakes and I think he did not have any DRS also.
Pretty interesting race to watch... I wish this double podiums for RedBull came a race earlier at Monaco.... They could have celebrated at the pool again :D
Vettel's overtaking Hulkenberg was one of the most impressive overtakes to watch... speacially because how Vettel used his experience at the end of the overtake to maintain that position...
A good result to take to the Austria Grand Prix... Redbull's Home track now..... :)

Maldonado ..... only one thing can be said about him ... LOL :p
mald.jpg

How many points has he racked up till now? More importantly how many more till the pot overflows.

What happened to Bottas. He was doing well till everyone started overtaking him.

How many points has he racked up till now? More importantly how many more till the pot overflows.

What happened to Bottas. He was doing well till everyone started overtaking him.
I only hope Maldonado's reprimand points are less than the leading driver in Driver's championship :D :D

Bottas: Apprently his tyres gave up on him... and I think the radio call to let Massa through could have discouraged him.... Coz exactly after that call it seemed like he gave up on the race itself....

http://msn.foxsports.com/speed/form...rtedly-moved-from-icu-to-rehabilitation-unit/

Yeah,good news.

The German celebrity magazine Bunte reported that Schumacher had been moved from the intensive care unit at the Grenoble hospital to a rehabilitation ward. The magazine said the driver was “out of danger” but his chances of making a full recovery appeared to have diminished. It also reported that preparations for his transfer to a specialized rehabilitation clinic were under way.

First time this season I am actually looking forward to the race.

Due to odd circumstance Lewis could not set a laptime in the final qualifying and will start 9th. Quick starting Felipe is on Pole with his teammate next to him.

Nico will have to be careful if and when he gets an opportunity to pass Massa because Massa baby is sort of a banzai defender. The thing is Nico will be able to go past Bottas at the start thanks to Bottas starting on the dirty side and Bottas is not the quickest off the line. Nico will have to get ahead of Massa as soon as possible because Lewis has a car that is nearly 0.5+ seconds faster than every car between them.

Kimi's performance is hurting Ferrari for sure with Alonso qualifying 4th and he nearly missed Q3.

Vettel too is at the back with 2 Force Indias in front of him. If he gets past those he will have to negotiate with his badminton racket swinging, alcohol drinking, magnum chewing buddy - The Ice Man and 2 drivers from his sister team who might not be very co-operative because they are both vying for his seat.

The race will definitely be interesting even more so if Kimi drives like Jacques Villenue in 2002.

Back