Car & Bike Formula 1 2014 Discussion thread.

I would rather see Bottas get better of the 1st and 3rd places in turn one. I know not realistic.

Why was Kimi 2 seconds off the pace?

I would rather see Bottas get better of the 1st and 3rd places in turn one. I know not realistic.

Why was Kimi 2 seconds off the pace?
Correction - Just found out that he flatspotted a tyre on the first flying lap in Q3 and that affected the other 2 laps as well due to vibrations. Things not looking good for him if he starts the race on those tyres.

Last edited:
Not too boring a race. The weak strategy of Williams allowed Mercedes to jump ahead. Also I think Williams compromised a bit on race pace to qualify better. But even then both Williams cars kept the Mercedes in sight and did not allow them to fly off into the distance as is the norm this year.

Pretty good race for Perez. Hulkenberg lost out on a few points right at the end.

Despite Lewis's crash the qualifying was difficult to sit through. Qualifying has now become more boring than the races. May be it is the race director's fault or simply the Mercedes are way too quick or the qualifying system is boring.

Lewis starting in midfield is the only thing that has got me excited at the moment. Such is that car's dominance that he will quickly make up places and then join the queue unless he crashes trying.

This year I don't know what is wrong but F1 just doesn't feel like F1. The only thing on limit is the fuel consumption.

This year I don't know what is wrong but F1 just doesn't feel like F1.
+1
Also don't understand
1) All 4 wheels off the track is not allowed in Silverstone and its allowed today. WTF why....???
2) This whole nonsense about the interconnected suspensions or FRICS...Were they sleeping for 10 races??? Infact AFAIK its been in place for a couple of years now......
SO why all the hype now.....
Races are getting bored not because of one team dominating but because of all these stupid things happening every race....

+1 yes it isnt what it used to b couple of years ago .. but yep we've got some good races this year ...
and damn was i happy to see lewis on the wall ...
i hope he knows where his mouth is .. in a few races

Amazing driving from Daniel Riccardo. Loved it.....
Lewis should change his name to Chidka Hamilton.... Starting at the back of the grid he drove so well to reach the podium....
If not for those two minor damages to his front wing he would have been a step higher on the podium... But none the less he should be proud and celebrate his amazing victory...... Instead he was on the podium with his every hanging face hidden under dark shades... Its become kind of a Hamilton trade mark.

Massa did rant that FP2 drivers always make such mistakes.....

Fun race, but the marshalling this weekend was retarded, There should have been a safety car for Sutil's spin, and possibly one for Kyvat's flamer too. Massa and Maldonado should form a 90s WWF tag team - the natural disasters :D. Props to alonso for putting that Ferrari where it really does not belong once again.

Thanks to rain and Tata Sky I missed out chunks of what was possibly a very confusing race to begin with thanks to the amount of shuffling in orders. I have no idea how Rosberg ended up loosing the race and Alonso ending up 2nd.

Amazing race a 3-way battle for the lead that lasted at least 5-6 laps all unique cars :D. Riccardio wins :D. Alonso is a freaking machine for keeping two mercs behind him on 30 lap old soft tyres. Excellent drive from hammy, although it has to be said Nico got royally screwed by the first SC period.

PS: What an amazing catch by Vettel.

If you missed the race, catch the repeat/acquire it by any means; it is worth it :D

Really exciting race. Vettel was damn lucky. Perez had his accident at the exact same spot and in the same manner.
I was not able to watch after lap 45 because of cable signal loss. I hate these guys :mad:

[CONSPIRACY]
Sometimes I feel that Bernie is messing with Hamilton's car to make him drive through the field and spice up the race. ;)
[/CONSPIRACY]

Amazing driving from Daniel Riccardo. Loved it.....
Starting at the back of the grid he drove so well to reach the podium....
Said it last week and will repeat it this week too.
I am a fan of Danny boy now. What amazing drive yesterday. Best thing I like was his guts to overtake gurus like Alonso in such narrow spaces. Enjoyed watching it.
Hamilton once again drove very well to get on the podium even after starting from the pits and having his ass on fire for quite some time. He was shouting on the radio that my rear is burning :) Nice decision by him to not fall back for Rosberg and let Rosberg come to him if he wants to go ahead. This way he did not compromise his own race and also in a way respected the team orders.

Race was a confusing one to start with.
And then one after another cars started spinning and crashing. like no one wanted the safety cars to go back :D
Height was The great crash masters from Lotus managed to crash behind safety cars also.

Vettel was very lucky. or skill full whatever you call it. just kissed the wall and continued with the race.
Alonso proved yday why he is such a good driver. I cant think of many other drivers who could have driven so well on those tyres in the last few laps.
The most horrible track of the season but a intresting race to end the first half of the season.
I know Mark Webber must be too happy for obvious reasons :D

mod edit: please avoid excessive full stops, to make it easier for fellow members to read

Last edited by a moderator:
@onlyravi - Mercedes was configured for High downforce at Hungary and Lewis had old medium tyres. Danny boy had fresher tyres and soft compounds and the Redbull is faster in corners and Hungary is a more twisty track. Taking nothing away from Danny but he was pretty lucky and so was Hammy and so was Kimi Yesterday.

I might be a Kimi fan since 2003 but I have got to say Alonso has him beaten. Kudos to Alonso for making the initial lap count in Q1 and surviving the laps after he was compromised by the safety car. Definitely the driver of the day and the driver I wanted to win yesterday. If only it had been Nico (not good at overtaking unless the car in front is seriously slow or makes a mistake) instead of Daniel we would have seen Alonso win.

OMGOMGWTFBBQ!!!!

Vettel leaves Red bull most likely for ferrari, and Alonso leaves ferrari most likely for Mclaren Honda :O

Also, A pretty decent Qualy. at suzuka, hopefully the race is not cancelled.

This race weekend has been awkward right from the start.

I woke up yesterday to the news that Vettel is leaving Red Bull and most likely will end up at Ferrari. This really affects Alonso's bargaining power to some extent considering Red Bull immediately declare that Kvyat will take Vettel's place in Red Bull, Mercedes are retaining both drivers and McLaren is the only other choice unless Kimi is ousted at Ferrari.

My immediate feeling was I felt a bit cheated because Kimi is not comfortable with F14T and may be next year will Allison building the car I would get to see the true showdown but now it won't be possible unless next year each team has 3 cars and Alonso decides to stay. Considering Kimi's performance this year all I have got to say is he was beaten fairly by Alonso and also on the grounds that a good driver should be able to adapt and perform.

The race today had an ominous vibe right from yesterday. Ofcourse that was because of the typhoon warning, my fear was someone would be caught off guard by a gust of wind and have a DNF and with Kimi's luck it would be him. The race took a lot of time to start and Button's strategy was the only thing that made me excited about it.

Unfortunately the race ended the way it did and I can only wonder what is going on at the moment because last I read - he was critically wounded and a surgery was being performed and all the drivers are present at the hospital. He is one of the better drivers and I hope he makes a full recovery soon and we don't loose another talent like we lost Kubica.

The race today had me switching channels to see what else was on :p

So I will review what I saw - Dukes of haggle is possibly one of the worse shows on TV but still more entertaining than the race. Wheeler Dealers even though a repeat episode was more entertaining than the race.

Oh in between - Nico forgot to brake on time again, Ferrari tried to screw Fernando yet Kimi Failed, Massa can't overtake, Grosjean and Sutil decided to play tag and Grosjean got a 5 sec timeout because everyone else was playing follow the leader except Hammy who was the leader and Caterham retired Kamui because they only had funds to fuel his car for half the race. Putin wanted to see the boys freshen up in person and his female colleague wanted to know how much weight they loose in a race to which Nico said 3. I think we will have a lot of fat Russian Bimbos driving F1 cars in future to loose weight.

Oh I forgot to mention - Mercedes won the Construction Championship - Yippee Ki Yay Brother Hugger!!!

Back