User Review Free Unlimited cloud storage for your photos and videos

Hello dear forum members,
As I have highlighted in my prevous videos, cloud storage should be integral part of your back up regime. But Cloud storage is limited and if you want more storage, you will have to buy it and this cost is recurring. So in this video, I show you how I back up my photos. This method is free but comes at the cost of your time. It should not be misused and should only be used for Personal backup. I hope you like this video. I would love your comments on the same.

Mega.nz severely restricts Asian accounts in terms of speed and bandwidth. In the past, had a lot of downloads getting paused in between, which is irritating, as you cannot resume the encrypted downloads directly until the quota is reset. Worked much better over European VPN connection.
I am not sure if this is account specific problem or other issue but last week I tried to download and upload big videos in parallel and I didn't had any issue. File size 4-5GB and I saw mega works best for both up and downlink data transfer over Dropbox. I am not promoting mega but I don't think it may have Geographic account restrictions as you stated.

I am not sure if this is account specific problem or other issue but last week I tried to download and upload big videos in parallel and I didn't had any issue. File size 4-5GB and I saw mega works best for both up and downlink data transfer over Dropbox. I am not promoting mega but I don't think it may have Geographic account restrictions as you stated.
They do based on IP addresses and I presume I faced the issue a lot more because my ISP uses NAT, so same public IP address is shared by multiple users.

I have a question for all of you guys here interested in storing/uploading photos and videos online. Would you guys be willing to come on board if I launch a service similar to Google Photos if I can match the price point of Rs. 500/- per TB per month of storage and a platform where you can store, view, and share your photos with your family members? There can also be lower storage options or higher storage options available, Annual contracts but monthly payments. I am thinking more than just photos though for files as well. basically a local [Made in India and India optimized] cloud storage and sharing platform

I have a question for all of you guys here interested in storing/uploading photos and videos online. Would you guys be willing to come on board if I launch a service similar to Google Photos if I can match the price point of Rs. 500/- per TB per month of storage and a platform where you can store, view, and share your photos with your family members? There can also be lower storage options or higher storage options available, Annual contracts but monthly payments. I am thinking more than just photos though for files as well. basically a local [Made in India and India optimized] cloud storage and sharing platform
Are you talking about some open source alternatives to Google photos? There are many but none of them are good.

Are you talking about some open source alternatives to Google photos? There are many but none of them are good.
Of course not, I've used almost all of them and didn't find anything worth using, mine would be a custom-built program. I've been looking into developing a Dropbox-style file and media sharing service for a while, I've built everything on paper, just waiting on starting the execution.

Far the past couple of years I've been using Syncthing.
You need to install it on your PC as well. Select the folders you want to backup and it'll sync the files.

I've set it to run the sync only when the phone is connected to a charger and wifi is connected to my home wifi.

This is the cheapest way for backing up all your files. But you won't have immediate access to your backed-up photos and videos all the time

Back