FREEBIES from MTNL!!!

I'm not sure either. Probably, their servers can't cope up with the load of providing 2Mbps to every customer, which I'm assuming, is a huge subscriber base. But it's a good initiative they have taken to do something out of the box. Especially, since this ISP doesn't have any FUP (thank God for that), this Sunday speed bump would definitely benefit everyone. :)

true that. mtnl seems to be the only isp not blatantly ripping off some way or the other.

you're probably right about the load thing, even i've noticed speeds dipping at peak times like before noon and in the evenings.

guys refer this thread, i have put in their nox no's call call call and fix all the issues u have, btw am getting steady 220-245k and 61k up....dead on steady!!!!!

wth, i thought you gave those numbers for peeps with speed and disconnection issues, not for those whose free 2mbps became 1mbps. dammit i shoulda called earlier then. now what's the point... :-/

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

i thought i'd try anyway, but those dumasses don't pick the phone. guess coz it's sunday...

called 1504 because i just had the connection die on me again 10 minutes ago. she says there were problems for the last few days which are solved now. complain again if it reoccurs. then i mentioned the speed issue and she told me to call 24361221. which no one picks up. awesome customer support.

Julian said:
wth, i thought you gave those numbers for peeps with speed and disconnection issues, not for those whose free 2mbps became 1mbps. dammit i shoulda called earlier then. now what's the point... :-/

i thought i'd try anyway, but those dumasses don't pick the phone. guess coz it's sunday...

called 1504 because i just had the connection die on me again 10 minutes ago. she says there were problems for the last few days which are solved now. complain again if it reoccurs. then i mentioned the speed issue and she told me to call 24361221. which no one picks up. awesome customer support.
Hi,

chk ur router for adsl modulation, off lately ever since their servers went kaput, most of us are unable to use ADSL+2 and have to survive on G.DMT so if urs on ADSL+2 then time u make the change and have hassle free net coz thats what happened to me.

vishalk said:
Hi,

chk ur router for adsl modulation, off lately ever since their servers went kaput, most of us are unable to use ADSL+2 and have to survive on G.DMT so if urs on ADSL+2 then time u make the change and have hassle free net coz thats what happened to me.
adding further,

regarding their customer support, i say feck em lol sorry couldnt resist

My net died at 12, exactly when the free thing got over and is still down at 9am. I tried every modulation, nothing works. The server assigns ip, gateway etc. Perfectly, but no data comes through.

spirovious said:
Is it available with 320kpbs combo plan?(2mbps on Sunday)
Yes, i'm on the combo rs. 495 plan.

Ok, it's up now at 9:30. awesome. now when they call i have nothing to say except 'yes it's working NOW' and they hang up and that's that... :-/

spirovious said:
Yes it is available but this sunday 2 Mbps offer was only for month of April so it may probably no continue any more, so dont change your plans hastily to just avail this sunday offer for now.

raksrules said:
Yes it is available but this sunday 2 Mbps offer was only for month of April so it may probably no continue any more, so dont change your plans hastily to just avail this sunday offer for now.
hey, he can't possibly have a worse plan than the 320kbps combo, so i doubt he would switch TO this one :p

Ethan_Hunt said:
Yes. But the problem is that it doesn't stay 2Mbps throughout the day, as advertised. That's what I have observed for the past 3 Sundays. It reverts to 1Mbps by Noon, mostly. :(

Yeah i saw the same. And last sunday it was normal. No increase in speeds.

spirovious said:

Yeah it is. I am on the same. But last sunday i did not get any speed increase and this sunday it was 1mbps.

anyone else notice that after fcukday sunday, now the upload speeds are back to the old 256k? wtf happened to 512k ?

I'm still doing alright in terms of speeds. I'm just happy the Sunday promos are over. That was my internet's worst day. Apparently there have been problems all over, and more than 100k people have been affected.

april is over and so are the freebies. the speed in the modem page is the line speed, i.e the speed your modem has synced to the dslam. nothing to do with the speed cap which is server controlled. except earlier mtnl used to do both, server control as well as line speed restriction.

anyone else get a speed bump sometime around midnight last night to this afternoon? just noticed it in my download log. downloaded about 3gb in 13 hours which is double what my 320k usually does.

Back