FUP, frustrated Airtel users - what alternatives?

Re: FUP, frustrated Airtel users - what alternatives???

rohan30186 said:
Tikona...has biggest problem of allocating more number of connections then they could handle...This reduces net speed considerably when all users connect.
In my area although I have taken 750kbps at night between 8pm-12am I get very slow speeds (thats when all office going crowd of my area connect)..speeds go down to as much as 80-100kbps instead of 750....
when you call up customer care, they will say they will send u a ticket number in another 6hrs(bullshit) but that never reaches us and problem never solves.
I called up their local engineer who takes care of connection...he said we have allocated a connection for 47ppl whereas max bandwidth which could be provided is for 32..hence speeds will be slow when everyone connects....

Thats total Bullshit..other times when less no of ppl are connected...speeds are good..

even i have the same plan tikona 750 r.s with 800 kbps speed, but the it give worst problem due to poor wireless signal might not detect the internet prophecy due to poor login in connect to internet and it give random disconnect every 4-10 hour due to out of signal or out of bandwidth, so that why i have not paid any bill past 3 months and it is working where i have been use net past 3 months, and then i change the new isp plan back to bsnl for avoid proper disconnected at 24/7 at my area

Same here. Tikona's is bullshit. You know the first month I got it , it was too good to believe. But after it was so ****in bad I had to switch to Airtel. I wish I had switched to 1 Mb/s Airtel before the FUP.

^^ Actually I still havn't updated my plan from the old 1099 512KBPS UL plan... Now i'm in a position like this:-

- new 1MBPS FUP 15GB plan at 999

- I pay 1099 but I get 1MBPS + no limits, everytime Customer Case calls me asking if i want new plan, I say, eat donkey kong

comp@ddict said:
^^ Actually I still havn't updated my plan from the old 1099 512KBPS UL plan... Now i'm in a position like this:-

- new 1MBPS FUP 15GB plan at 999

- I pay 1099 but I get 1MBPS + no limits, everytime Customer Case calls me asking if i want new plan, I say, eat donkey kong
LOL! Me on the old 1299 plan 512Kbps during the day and 1mbps during the night. But I get speeds of 1mbps during the day and 2mbps+ during night.

CS keep calling me asking me to migrate to some other half @ss plan with 10-20GB fup. I tell them the exact same thing you do :rofl:

They changed my speeds finally.. was getting 1Mbps 24x7 with no limit but now got a mail last week in my registered eMail ID that I've crossed FUP limit & speeds have been reduced.

I am on Explore 1099 (384kbps day-1Mbps Night) plan....

Now I've to leave AIRTEL... But options are very limited.. Only Reliance seems to be available but many complaints about frequent disconnections... :(

msankadi said:
^^ Read my review on my Reliance Wimax connection earlier in this thread

MnVn
WiMax is expensive... I am looking at Combo 749 plan (600kbps day + 1Mbpa Night)... Its a wired line plan though...

Yeah I dont know about that I would have gone for wireline too...unfortunately thats not available in my area...

let us know your feedback in case you go for it

am glad people here realize what airtel is doing and are moving away from them...to my colleagues and batchmates whenever i say FUP they are like what is that ?!!

In the last 2 months i have not got Fup'ed.

So I'm sticking with airtel for now.

Some of my friends use Wimax,since they could not get any other connection.

But i heard that it was quite expensive.

I was in 512Kbps plan with 5GB FUP.I pay Rs. 499+tax. Now mine is also upgraded to 1Mbps(I am also not FUPed. Usually is use ~25GB per month) :D Love Airtel BB :)

What is the alternative for people in Mumbai who do not have Airtel BB coverage or a MTNL landline?

DarkAngel said:
I was in 512Kbps plan with 5GB FUP.I pay Rs. 499+tax. Now mine is also upgraded to 1Mbps(I am also not FUPed. Usually is use ~25GB per month) :D Love Airtel BB :)
What. How much is the 1MBPS plan costing you?

Renegade said:
What is the alternative for people in Mumbai who do not have Airtel BB coverage or a MTNL landline?
Yeah nice question Renegade... even i am looking for an airtel alternative... coz airtel doesn't provide their service in my area... :(... currently i am using sify 384kbps day/512 kbps night which costs 1800 for 3 months...

Finally filled the form today for a new Reliance Wire-line connection... Combo 749 plan (600kbps day + 1Mbps night)... No FUP... :clap::clap:

They are offering me to opt for either direct connection to their fiber or through MODEM. What should I opt for..

I do torrenting & port forwarding is essential for good download speeds. Does the direct link to fibre will have any affect on port-forwarding since no MODEM will be installed at my premises. On the other hand with direct link I think there will be less downtime.

Also they can get rid of web-login completely for an always on connection...

HailStonE's could you let me know in which city are you taking the reliance wired broadband connection, coz I took the reliance connection here around 2 weeks back and I was given the option of only modem + telephone line and thus I have to use the login system.

BTW on a side note the Reliance connection is much better than Airtel in terms of latency and you get the promised speed all the times.

^... Glad to hear your opinion.... I am from Bhopal. They have fiber network around my locality that's why I was offered this option. Its not available everywhere though.. But you can make a request for direct connection (without web-login) on regular MODEM connections also... Call CC & they will process your request directly... tell them its an inconvenience to use web-login...

HailStonE said:
Finally filled the form today for a new Reliance Wire-line connection... Combo 749 plan (600kbps day + 1Mbps night)... No FUP... :clap::clap:

They are offering me to opt for either direct connection to their fiber or through MODEM. What should I opt for..

I do torrenting & port forwarding is essential for good download speeds. Does the direct link to fibre will have any affect on port-forwarding since no MODEM will be installed at my premises. On the other hand with direct link I think there will be less downtime.

Also they can get rid of web-login completely for an always on connection...
Glad to hear that buddy :)

Let me know your experience with them.

I will be more than glad to ditch bsnl and get reliance :D

BTW which area are you from?

cyanide911 said:
What. How much is the 1MBPS plan costing you?

As i mentioned i am paying Rs.499 + Tax. That plan is no longer available in their website though :( Initially speeds were 512Kbps for 5GB and FUP afterwards. Now its 1Mbps and not FUPed too :)

Back