Gaming mouse, does it make a difference?

goldenfrag said:
Big Hand? 518 or G5.
Small Hand? CopperHead.

what jhatuGiRRI!!!

@ goldi: Who said its useless w/o drivers? Dude, I have not used the drivers after around 10 days of getting the mouse. I just it use it at full 1600 dpi as it comes stock w/o drivers or any modifications. And it rocks.

Yes the mouse is a personal preference. Actually, I found this interesting. I sold my Dmb Plasma to a friend. Now I am waiting for my Copperhead to come and using a Rs 350 Intex mouse. Yes I do miss the accuracy but boy o boy. I never played like this on Intex when I had it before. So ur gameplay maybe be lifted by say 25% but if you dont have the reflex or the abillity to spot heads in dark areas, your game is not gonna improve by purchasing uber leet mouse.

Yes, the MX518 / G5 is larger and heavier. So it gives way to a stable aim. I.e. stability is forced on u due to the weight. With razer you can be even more stable if you can handle the sensi. Its a freaking fast mouse and can be used by the best players to do some really dangerous damange.

So I hope you guys understand..............

Cheers,

Karan

518 is good, but the G5 is even better :) That's what I'm using right now. 2000DPI, adjustable weight (via a cartridge) and an overall better grip. The design and form-factor however is identical to the 518 so changing over is hardly a problem. This is the mouse I vouch for.

For non-gamers, the Microsoft Wheel mouse optical is great too. I used it for the longest time before I changed over. Note, this is not to be confused with Microsoft's 'Basic optical mouse', which sucks entirely.

hey where did u get that G5 from? and ofcource, price?

and let me know if it offers tht individual x and y axis sensi change, its an awesome feature, atleast i think so...

and yea, regarding that MS wheel mouse optical, even for gaming its decent, am still using it :D

Guys after having a talk with blade about gaming mouse i have become
completely addicted to the MX518.

I have gone so crazy that i have set a high resol pic of that mouse as my desktop bkgnd :p

Thanks Blade you have made me mad for the MX518.

Also guys after reading ur views about changing from normal mouse to MX518
made me think that there is really some thing special about it.

Currently have the Microsoft Wheel Optical Mouse , but cant resist he deadly looks and power that MX518 Packs.

I've used both MX518 and a DB PLasma.. and i am much more comfy with the smaller and lighter DB..
goldenfrag said:
Secondly, the db plasma is USELESS and yes USELESS w/o drivers.
hopefully the Copperhead is not as bad.
Thats not true.. i've been experimenting my DB plasma w/o any drivers for over 2 months now.. and it works perfectly fine..infact its HIGHly responsive.. and i do use the default windows Mouse Setting thingy in Control Panel to reduce Pointer Motion to 2-3 levels from Slow..

Rave said:
hey where did u get that G5 from? and ofcource, price?
and let me know if it offers tht individual x and y axis sensi change, its an awesome feature, atleast i think so...

and yea, regarding that MS wheel mouse optical, even for gaming its decent, am still using it :D

The G5 will be released within a month over here, expect it to cost something on the lines of 4k. I got this piece from Logitech - I'm going to keep it on a 'long term' review basis :)

Yep you can change the X and Y axes individually, quite a neat feature. I'm attaching a screenshot.
g55ju.jpg

I play with what i am comfortable with.
Though i have never played with an actual gaming mouse....i find my Intex ( :bleh: ) Ball Mouse (Bought for Rs. 80/- from Lamington 5 yrs+ back) cool.
Its much better than the other mice i have tried out:D

i think im most comfortable playing with a real 4 legged mouse. as in... playing with it. not playing games with it. comp specs too low to play new games. i could make it put on some indian cricket team outfit and play with it too (so that it becomes a gaming mouse) but im happy with the normal version.

Used Mx- 518 & now got the copperhead, wont give u a biased feedback but what i felt while using the two. I never felt so comfortable with mx - 518 as much as i am with copperhead, but after using mx - 518 my game improved & now hell yeah its gone way better.

After sometime of use of Copperhead would Vote Razer as the only company that makes gaming mouse as per se... Logitech lacks some punch for gaming, its sensi matches with those of razer's but there is a difference.. Perhaps the stability that the Razer has in its mouse.

Yeah well i might differ in my opinion but then i used both the mice brands.. logitech & razer so i can compare... And hence the verdict on my account goes in favour of Razer..

Here's my Vote......:hap2:

TheMask said:
honestly, i felt more comfy with MS Wheel Mouse Optical than MX518.. DB PLE is LEEt.. :)

Exactly my thoughts, ive used MX 518, CH and now using MS wheel mouse optical, as far as handeling is concerned, the MS is way better than the MX, perhaps its the weight, or something else, i dont know, but i just dont like the way MX feels or reponses.. and CH is in a league of its own :D

wahh, congrats man.... which one btw? red, blue or green?

and dont use it on ur ordinary desk table or soemthing, lol, u wudnt want to scratch the teflon coating now, wud you? best imo for it is the Exactmat...

saumilsingh said:
The blue one, it's the most sober. Otherwise red then green.
Will be using it with a generic clothpad.

congrats man............

but one word of advice............ the ch works best on a hard surface, and is not too friendly with clock pads........... same goes for generic ones or uber "qck+"

so i u can scratch it, then order a exactmat also and save on the 9.99 $ shipping charges. enjoy :D

Bumping this old thread for a reason..... typed "Do gaming mice make a difference" on google and this was the FIRST result!!! :eek:hyeah:

Anyway to reopen the debate..... DO GAMING MICE REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

I am using my MX 700 as of now..... IT has been skipping a bit off late....

So, do you guys thing getting a better mouse will improve my game ?? I am not a pro anyway..... meaning, I dont have lightning fast reflexes....

and how does this DPI EXACTLY help ?? I know it is DOTs per inch. And the higher the DPI, the more space you can cover with less movement.

but what abt accuracy and all.... how do you measure lag ?? and when they say mice like 518/CH/ G5 are very very accurate, what exactly do you mean ?

Coz I have a good mouse right now. A very good one in fact. I dont want to upgrade to a new one for just a minute increase in my skills...

^ofc it does matter....anyone who plays CSS on te servers regualrly would know i used to suck a month back.....was afraid or even picking a sniper due to the reason that i couldnt aim properly on my ol' 400dpi IBM mouse...

after getting my mx518...usually i am with the average players list...:)
It's all abt how well u get tagged with the mouse...
p.s:the first day with my new mx518 was a nightmare...since my old mouse was smaall & it weighed arnd ~20% of the mx mouse...:eek:

but after i got used to it..it was wonderfull..
Heres' another question :
Whats the average life of the teflon of the mouse...?
will a gaming mouse do any better...i am using a 50.rs mat...i find it accurate enough but was worried .... abt its' effect on the teflon...
Some honest repied expected...:)

attaching the close up pics of my mouse condition

omg? Do you use that on your table? :|...

Get a proper Pad... the Teflon feet will get raped on that kinda surface.. How old is that MX518?

Mine wasnt that bad, even after 7 months... Actually, it was in PERFECT, condition...

Back