Budget 41-50k Gaming plus software rig , please help out with your advice .

harry_houdini

Man, you are totally confused :p

CPU, GPU, Mobo, HDD, Psu, Fans are all electronic components and can fail at any instant, even if used sanely and even can last a decade without any flaws.

Only thing we have to make sure is that we transfer as much heat as we can, away from these components i.e try to keep them cool.

In case of CPU Cooler, if you buy a heatsink cooler then only the fans can stop working, coz the heatsink been passive component would stay as it is. But if you are considering a liquid cooler, then the pump as well as the liquid ages very soon. All theses coolers inturn keep your CPU fine, thereby increasing the life of your CPU

In case of Cabinet, if you see Nzxt, Corsair, CM etc renowned ones then they are painted and so they last long without rusting. If you are considering Nzxtt gamma, then buddy I say, go for it. It will save you some bucks, Buy some sickle flow high rpm fans and keep your cabby cool.

GS800 is a good PSU, no doubt, but it will always be inferior in quality compared to TX and HX series. So if you have the moolah then go for HX series, if you dont have much to spend but looking for a rock solid performer, then go for TX series and if you are hell bent on getting that lighting of red,blue,white then GS800 should be good. But I still say get the TX750v2.

Thanks for the reply :)

harry_houdini
Man, you are totally confused :p
CPU, GPU, Mobo, HDD, Psu, Fans are all electronic components and can fail at any instant, even if used sanely and even can last a decade without any flaws.

:unsure: yea always confused but the second line solves it all , but let me tell you one thing , you always have a bang on answer , thats a genius . So I guess even after doing the best we can , still something can go wrong and fail , just a matter of luck I suppose .
No I actually prefer non Led fans so that red blue is not to my liking really , just that I felt it was a bit cheaper , etc .
I actually did not really understand the difference between the GS and TX series . Same efficiency and stats , but TX has superior components , is it the only difference ? .
HX ofcourse is modular .

Can NZXT gamma house Cards like HD 7850 and cooler like Silver Arrow ? .

Again thanks for your time , cheerio :)

Answers in bold.
I actually did not really understand the difference between the GS and TX series . Same efficiency and stats , but TX has superior components , is it the only difference ? .
GS series is rated at 40 deg.c whereas TX is rated at 50 deg.c.

Can NZXT gamma house Cards like HD 7850 and cooler like Silver Arrow ? .
It surely fits silver arrow, but you will need to remove the side fan(if any) on the cabby, coz those coolers need full tower cabby. 7850 is not a big card, its same as 6850 in length. Nzxt gamma even fits a 6950 easily.

Rated means that the TX series is capable of delivering more that 80% efficiency even @50deg pressure,It means TX series can take more load than GS series,Nzxt Gamma doesn't have side fan so no need to worry about installing Silver Arrow.Hope this clears things.
the Corsair TX Series delivers clean and reliable, fully rated output even at 50 degrees C ambient temperature. Additionally, the TX Series includes two and four PCI-Express 8-pin (6+2) cables on the 650W and 750W models respectively. The TX Series has been thoroughly tested and is compatible with today's NVIDIA(R)'s SLI(R) and ATI(R)'s Crossfire(R) solutions.
Thanks for the reply:) .
What does this rated mean ? Does it mean the testing was carried out at that temps or something else ? And what difference would it make ? .

Rated means that the TX series is capable of delivering more that 80% efficiency even @50deg pressure,It means TX series can take more load than GS series,Nzxt Gamma doesn't have side fan so no need to worry about installing Silver Arrow.Hope this clears things.

Thanks for the reply sir :) .

Anyone has any idea about Seasonic service in India ? . How is it compared to the legendary Corsair , I have heard Tirupati is the reseller in India but how is its RMA ?

Thanks for the reply sir :) .

Anyone has any idea about Seasonic service in India ? . How is it compared to the legendary Corsair , I have heard Tirupati is the reseller in India but how is its RMA ?

Spotty at best, in South India and Bombay I have heard generally good things about Tirupati Enterprises but in places like North India I have had people saying that the Regional Distributor [under Tirupati] themselves do not recommend that a person purchase a Seasonic SMPS and they also feign ignorance when contacted for after sales support and / OR RMA.

Suggest that you stick to Corsair and Cooler Master if you might end up travelling around India while at work.

Just my view on this scenario, rest is upto you. Peace!

Spotty at best, in South India and Bombay I have heard generally good things about Tirupati Enterprises but in places like North India I have had people saying that the Regional Distributor [under Tirupati] themselves do not recommend that a person purchase a Seasonic SMPS and they also feign ignorance when contacted for after sales support and / OR RMA.

Suggest that you stick to Corsair and Cooler Master if you might end up travelling around India while at work.

Just my view on this scenario, rest is upto you. Peace!
Thanks for the relpy .
Thats shocking :scared14: . Peace yea peace , no more seasonic consideration at all .

@harry_houdini Why are you going for seasonic when Corsair HX750 has been suggested earlier it's the best what you'll get go for it.

Thanks for the reply . Sir , I havent decided yet , still considering my options , just wanna be sure I use my tight budget optimally .
Am looking for a 850W PSU , because I may SLI / Crossfire later on :) and want to have additional 100 W clearance so that if the PSU degrades a bit with age , it isnt a problem .
Correct me here if am wrong because am a noob compared to you guys here , sincerely .
I used the newegg.com Power calculator to count it , is there any other accurate Power wattage calculator you know of , please point out .

I was considering Seasonic 850km over Corsair HX 850 for the following reason :
1 . Seasonic 850km is gold rated while Corsair HX silver rated .
2. Seasonic fanless operation at idle - low loads .
3. Sanyo Denki San Ace ball bearing fan compared to Corsair double bearing , Corsair fans are like just any other fans , no offense meant to Corsair .
4. More value / Re . In most places , the AX series is compared to the Seasonic gold series . And are always priced at the same cost mostly . But here , the Seasonic gold series is priced the same as Corsair HX silver rated series as compared to the AX series . If the seasonic service was not so pathetic . I guess it was a no brainer here in India .

But then I guess inspite of all that , even the most expensive PSU can fail anytime for a some reason . In that case I dont wanna be trapped , so better to go with a Corsair I guess . Its a pity really that , those seasonic guys should look at that pathetic behavior .

Thanks again to both of you for clearing my doubts :) .

Thanks for the relpy .
I used the newegg.com Power calculator to count it , is there any other accurate Power wattage calculator you know of , please point out .

Use this one instead -- eXtreme Power Supply Calculator.

Even if you CrossFire / SLi a current generation graphics card you will be fine with the Corsair TX V2750W in my opinion due to the following reasons --
  • HD 7870 & GTX 660Ti are looking like the most promising cards from this batch, super over-clockers and costing a fraction of the top end creme-de la-creme;
  • With the migration to 28nm fabrication the TDP and power consumption of all but the most blown up cards is very low.
  • The Corsair has more than enough cables until you want to resurrect Frankenstein.
  • I think buying and maintaining a single-GPU RIG is more cost-effective than a multi-GPU setup.

Just my view, Cheerio!

Rated at 50 deg.c or 40deg.c, means the components inside the power supply are capable of delivering the advertised/max power output at this ambient temperature. After that the deration starts.

TX series upto 50 deg.c can provided its rated output without deration in o/p power, whereas deration in o/p power for GS series starts after 40 deg.c.

For eg. 800w psu rated at 50deg.c delivers 800w till 50deg,c and o/p power falls after 50deg c. Whereas similar 800w psu rated at 40 deg.c will deliver less power after 40deg c. So comparatively a higher temperature rated power supply is always the best

Tejas: not pressure re :p. just Kidding

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Answer in bold
Thanks for the relpy .

1 . Seasonic 850km is gold rated while Corsair HX silver rated . : I think you are confused between power output and efficiency. Efficiency rating doesn't determine the power of the psu or the load it can handle, its just the amount of input power required to translate the same in required output power. Efficiency determines how much electricity you will end up using. So, if you are thinking of paying less on your electricity bills then consider efficieny, else a silver rated psu can deliver the same output power as gold rated one, but will heat more compared to gold rated coz of power loss.

Rated at 50 deg.c or 40deg.c, means the components inside the power supply are capable of delivering the advertised/max power output at this ambient temperature. After that the deration starts.

Actually rated at means that the product passed these specifications, after this level depending on OEM and internal design of the circuitry the SMPS can perform with similar alacrity OR loose this rating [either-way out of the purview of the efficiency test].

E.g. -- the Seasonic S12II 520W was reviewed at Johnnyguru [Seasonic S12 II Bronze 520W Review] and they realized that the SMPS could hold onto a Bronze rating even under 50 degree C, while the company had only tested the same till 40 degree C in their QC.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

:lol: I guess he was in his toilet while typing it

:scared14: :lol:

Company checks at all possible temperatures, they wont check GS at 40 and TX at 50. Its actually a standard test procedure, the moment they find deration in output power they rate the power supply upto that temp till it was stable with linear output. The components used in TX series have a better operating temperature range than those in GS series and thats why GS series is rated only at 40 deg.c

Believe me at present, me and my team are developing a 1.5kw power supply and have these tests as standard :)
E.g. -- the Seasonic S12II 520W was reviewed at Johnnyguru [Seasonic S12 II Bronze 520W Review] and they realized that the SMPS could hold onto a Bronze rating even under 50 degree C, while the company had only tested the same till 40 degree C in their QC.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

:scared14: :lol:

Believe me at present, me and my team are developing a 1.5kw power supply and have these tests as standard

Thanks for the insight Chirag, waise for what purpose is your team developing a 1.5KW SMPS?

Can we have some custom builds for our RIG's with 85+ BRONZE efficiency? :Jumpy:

We have an order from an UK based company (Name withheld) for power amplifiers (for degaussing system), it will be fully enclosed and operating in an ambient temperature of 82 deg.c :scared14: and they need an efficiency of 90%. Unlike our PSU's it wont even be having a fan, nor any kind of mesh or anything for heat dissipation. Its IP65 rated, cooling through natural convention.

Oh, we can provide you with 90% ones, but at one lakh each, ready to pay? :p
Can we have some custom builds for our RIG's with 85+ BRONZE efficiency? :Jumpy:

Thanks @ALPHA17 , @Jakob , @chiragsthakur for explaining everything nicely about PSU .
Alpha17 , the link you gave for Power calculator gives 200W lesser than newegg calculator , yikes , so much difference . Did i calculate anything wrong ? .
Guys is there any harm in buying a second hand CPU , what things one should look for ? I was thinking of a second hand 2500k because of a tight budget , I havent found one thou .
Thought process is this , buy a cheap sandy combo now and if not satisfied upgrade to Haswell later on . The 2500k will hold on till then I guess , only I wont be able to put 2 graphics card later on because the PCI system of sandy wont support the 3.0 cards .

You all think am confused , yea am dead confused , close to a nervous breakdown :frusty:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back