Budget 41-50k Gaming plus software rig , please help out with your advice .

Thought process is this , buy a cheap sandy combo now and if not satisfied upgrade to Haswell later on . The 2500k will hold on till then I guess , only I wont be able to put 2 graphics card later on because the PCI system of sandy wont support the 3.0 cards.

You can do this but keep in mind that the Intel Haswell chips will be based on the LGA 1150 socket, so no backwards compatibility with current generation motherboards / chipsets. Means shelling out more for Haswell [processor + motherboard] and maybe the RAM [DDR 4].

Also you can go for a multi-GPU setup no problems, I just have a few of my own reservations to avoid them. The current generation(s) of graphics cards display no advantage if they are run on PCIe of the 2.x standard rather than the latest 3.0 standard. It is only if you run these cards on gen1.x PCIe slots that you will hit a performance penalty.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

You can do this but keep in mind that the Intel Haswell chips will be based on the LGA 1150 socket, so no backwards compatibility with current generation motherboards / chipsets. Means shelling out more for Haswell [processor + motherboard] and maybe the RAM [DDR 4].

Also you can go for a multi-GPU setup no problems, I just have a few of my own reservations to avoid them. The current generation(s) of graphics cards display no advantage if they are run on PCIe of the 2.x standard rather than the latest 3.0 standard. It is only if you run these cards on gen1.x PCIe slots that you will hit a performance penalty.

Thanks for the reply :).

1. PCI 2.0 16x = PCI 3 8x right ? . Can those cards run on 8x PCI 2.0 = 4x PCI 3.0 ? . I read somewhere a minimum of 8x PCI 3.0 is needed , is that wrong , Sorry am very bad at recollecting things , read a lot of things in sleep .
To be frank , Actually I did not really understand what you meant , sorry :facepalm:.
2. Can you please explain this , I found out everywhere but I could not really understand what it is , what is full render score and no render score in the comparison below .
AnandTech - Bench - CPU
See the game civilization V , why is the IVY bridge lacking so much in the " no render score " , as far as I know , rendering means displaying things on the screen right , thats what I knew and kept on searching but could not find anything other than that ? .
So please can you tell me what is this full render score and no render score .
3. If I would have got it cheap , then it would not be such a huge loss if I could even sell it half the price later on . But unfortunately I cant find 2nd hand 2500k anywhere . If you find someone reliable , please point out .
Haswell Extreme has DDR4 I guess , the normal Haswell will still be only supporting DDR3 but with a higher frequency . Not sure thou , read somewhere and as you know people sometimes just guess things .

Thanks

Thanks for the reply :).

1. PCI 2.0 16x = PCI 3 8x right ? . Can those cards run on 8x PCI 2.0 = 4x PCI 3.0 ? . I read somewhere a minimum of 8x PCI 3.0 is needed , is that wrong , Sorry am very bad at recollecting things , read a lot of things in sleep .
To be frank , Actually I did not really understand what you meant , sorry :facepalm:.
2. Can you please explain this , I found out everywhere but I could not really understand what it is , what is full render score and no render score in the comparison below .
AnandTech - Bench - CPU
See the game civilization V , why is the IVY bridge lacking so much in the " no render score " , as far as I know , rendering means displaying things on the screen right , thats what I knew and kept on searching but could not find anything other than that ? .
So please can you tell me what is this full render score and no render score .
3. If I would have got it cheap , then it would not be such a huge loss if I could even sell it half the price later on . But unfortunately I cant find 2nd hand 2500k anywhere . If you find someone reliable , please point out .
Haswell Extreme has DDR4 I guess , the normal Haswell will still be only supporting DDR3 but with a higher frequency . Not sure thou , read somewhere and as you know people sometimes just guess things .

Here are your answers Harry --

Here are your answers Harry --

Thanks for the reply .
1. This is exactly what I was looking for , thanks a lot .
2. I still did not understand the second point , even in 2500k vs 3770k you gave the link of , in full render score of civilization V , 2500k beats the hell out of 3770k .
How can it be iGPU comparision ? . HD4000 is superior to HD3000 , so how can it be beaten ? .
3. Thank you for that .
Yes so haswell normal desktop will still have DDR3 , thats good news :head2:
4. Whats your opinion about Lancool PC K62 ?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply .
How can it be iGPU comparision ? . HD4000 is superior to HD3000 , so how can it be beaten ? .
4. Whats your opinion about Lancool PC K62 ?

Something even I cannot wrap my head around, will have to dig some more on-topic.

About the Lian Li LanCool PC K62 I cannot accurately comment as I have never used OR recommended that cabinet. What is its current pricing?

I think the Corsair Carbide 400R will be a much better buy in the same price bracket, look into the after sales side of the story too. Cheerio!

Something even I cannot wrap my head around, will have to dig some more on-topic.

About the Lian Li LanCool PC K62 I cannot accurately comment as I have never used OR recommended that cabinet. What is its current pricing?

I think the Corsair Carbide 400R will be a much better buy in the same price bracket, look into the after sales side of the story too. Cheerio!

Yea do tell me , I cant find anything on Google about it . It scares me because I do play only strategy games , so I thought something wrong somewhere with ivy .
Yes it was like the 400R vs NZXT gamma vs now PC K62 . Am not sure about its dust filtering capabilities thou . Yes I guess 400R has proven ability .
How about 400R vs NZXT gamma :scared14: , thou latter is half the price .
Well yes Corsair has unmatched customer support , nothing even close to it currently in India and guess even in the world , so thats always a factor .

Thanks

How about 400R vs NZXT gamma :scared14: , thou latter is half the price.

Corsair Carbide 400R simply because of the following reasons --
  • better quality of construction;
  • improved fan-layout and concurrently the airflow inside the cabinet is also much better;
  • cable-routing is well accounted for and the cabinet is designed to support the same.

Actually the Corsair Carbide is a bit-off on those accounts as there are not dust-filters on quite a few fan mounting positions, same is the case with the NZXT Gamma. But I think in their price points they are undisputed champions of their segments.

Actually the Corsair Carbide is a bit-off on those accounts as there are not dust-filters on quite a few fan mounting positions, same is the case with the NZXT Gamma. But I think in their price points they are undisputed champions of their segments.
Thanks for the reply , sorry did not get a notification for this .
1. What is the best budget case with best dust filtering capability ? .
2. Are dust filters available separately ? . Guess I have seen then in some thread where a guy bought it from mediahome.in site , but whenever i go to that site it says down for maintenance .
3. Is there like a balance between dust filtering and cooling ? . Dust filters although having very thin meshes , still hinder a bit of airflow , the question here is , how much , that I dont know .
4. I have seen some fans have some metal grill , what purpose does that serve ? .

Thanks

1. What is the best budget case with best dust filtering capability ? .
2. Are dust filters available separately ? . Guess I have seen then in some thread where a guy bought it from mediahome.in site , but whenever i go to that site it says down for maintenance .
3. Is there like a balance between dust filtering and cooling ? . Dust filters although having very thin meshes , still hinder a bit of airflow , the question here is , how much , that I dont know .
4. I have seen some fans have some metal grill , what purpose does that serve ? .

Here are your answers, Harry --
  • The best budget case with good filtering capabilities that is a tough one to pine. I will say the Corsair Carbide 400R deserves this accolade. Also check the NZXT M59, although a pretty open cabinet it has superb airflow and dust is checked effectively.
  • Yes they are but cost very dearly in India, around ~500/-INR for a single 120mm fan cover. You can try jugaad of muslin-cloth to cover the intake fans.
  • It is a balancing act, the more air you will try to pump into the cabinet the more dust comes in, if you can optimize these levels then you can get a balance of cooling and dust-free interiors. It is like trying to make an omelette without using eggs.
  • Mostly ornamental and precautionary measure, it does not affect the air OR dust retention capability of the cabinet. Although excess of these will make any amount fans pointless.

Hope this quenches your thirst, Cheerio!

How is this mobo ,
Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 ?

It will be expensive that is a surety. Also GIGABYTE motherboards have a knack of non-availability, so I am not sure if any shops have it in stock OR whether they plan to stock them.

Overall after sales service for GIGABYTE is good and you should not face any issues. Cheerio!

I mean the quality of the board , overclock potential . I read but mixed reviews out there ,difficult to decide .
Seems a cheaper gigabyte alternative to the maximus V gene

Any idea on its Indian price-tag because I sincerely doubt that it will be cheaper than the ASUS MAXIMUS Gene-Z V here, if it is available in the first place.

Back