Gears of War 3 - Discussion Thread

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
iGo said:
I mean look at those ugly mofos and then imagine how much more ugly and detailed ugly they could be if this was on PC.

Epic explains why no Gears of War 3 PC | bit-gamer.net

'It's a decision to focus on the market majority, Capps told us yesterday at GamesCom 2011 in Cologne, Germany.

Explaining further, Capps said that creating a PC version of Gears of War 3 would not be as easy as copying the code over and would require quite a bit of work for Epic.

'It was a choice. In that amount of time we could have done one big Xbox 360 update for Gears of War 3, or we could have made a PC port. It was a matter of priorities.'

Capps also made mention of the original PC version of Gears of War, which he said had not exceeded Epic's expectations.

Btw both of us are pre-ordering it sometime soon. :p

YoGi-Sama

Skilled
Jul 14, 2007
City of Blinding Lights
ocularimpressions.com
^ I understand it's not as easy as porting the code cover and as a matter of fact, I would rather prefer them not doing it. Console ports are rubbish and do not exploit the available power on PCs. I would rather have a proper made-for-PC game than stupid console port. Rest is whatever, priorities, sales expectations... blah blah blah. Ultimately it was a business decision for whatever reason.

dinjo

Hell Yeah[Born Critic]
Skilled
Sep 14, 2009
Mumbai
Giantbomb 5/5

Gamespot 9.5

Destructoid 8

EuroGamer 8

Joystiq 5/5

GT 9.4

CVG 9

OXM 9

Game Informer 9.5

daviescool

Adept
Mar 18, 2005
Oh soooo impatient, has anyone ordered from flipkart, when do you guys think we get to play it here , am so tempted to hunt around for a cd on the 20th

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Ars has compiled a brilliant review!

The dreams in which I'm dying: Ars reviews Gears of War 3

Dang I want to own one of these:

167714e730a0707c48.jpg

:drool2:

quixand

Skilled
Mar 9, 2011
Nah just thought this might be available on Win 8, or at least the previous ones. There was some news on those lines, wasn't there?

Anyways, this is a series I haven't had a chance to play. I want to. I'm a big time Cliff Fan, since Unreal Tournament days. :)

PS: What's with the "Bro"tastic stuff ?