PC Peripherals Getting Antec Service

Spoke to Mr. Shunmugavel from IT Depot.

Here's an update on Antec's warranty policy :

We have implemented the credit note option for warranty terms because of customer feedback on very bad time delays for replacement / repair. The warranty terms work like this, a customer can get an immediate across the counter refund or credit for the full value of the purchase price for a faulty PSU if found faulty within one year. If after a year till 3 or 5 years depending on the product warranty the customer will get across the counter credit or refund for 80% of the invoice value.

AFAIK this applies to existing Antec PSUs as well. So make sure your dealer offers you this option and doesn't cheat you on the refund amount either.

racy1 said:
Anyway after much delay Cyberspace Abacus responded... But with a catch... They told me they would have refunded 80% of the invoice if dealer was there & I had sent the PSU through him... :huh:

So they will only refund 80% of what they billed the seller the PSU to.... :mad: :mad: It came to a measly amount... After much haggling they came upto 70% of my invoice + shipping paid by them & I agreed...

PSU is sent to them & I am awaiting credit in my a/c. Antec policy is not clear but I think credit note is not an answer to this problem...

For Antec you should call Cyber Space in Chennai & speak with them personally... or may be visit them if you are from Chennai... I think dealers are somewhat to be blamed... 'coz another member had sent for RMA & dealer told him its 40% of the amount that Antec is offering.... This member had much longer warranty left then mine.... It was 2.5 years while I had ~8 months left....

Tough luck there :(

Anyway 70% of the invoice price still seems like a good deal.

Crazy_Eddy said:
AFAIK this applies to existing Antec PSUs as well. So make sure your dealer offers you this option and doesn't cheat you on the refund amount either.

Remember my Antec 550w PSU which exploded last year ? Prime had refunded me something like 40% of what I had paid for that PSU which had died after about 15 months of use :mad: I wish I had known about this deal at that time :(

We have implemented the credit note option for warranty terms because of customer feedback on very bad time delays for replacement / repair. The warranty terms work like this, a customer can get an immediate across the counter refund or credit for the full value of the purchase price for a faulty PSU if found faulty within one year. If after a year till 3 or 5 years depending on the product warranty the customer will get across the counter credit or refund for 80% of the invoice value.

Can you provide me the source, so I can show it to my dealer

id like to contact mr Shunmugavel too as i have a antec neo he lyin for replacement since 4 months now that they are trying to provide a 3 yr old replacement psu which i refuse to accept

antec + IT DEPOT = POS

It depot are absolute cheats and offered me peanuts too for my neo he 500 which was jus like a yr old n died on me , i jus went ahead n bought a corsair
but id like to contact this person too to solve my problem

nobody shud buy antec anymore , they dont care about the customer and theyre replacement policies r POS

Crazy_Eddy said:
Spoke to Mr. Shunmugavel from IT Depot.
Here's an update on Antec's warranty policy :
Tough luck there :(
Anyway 70% of the invoice price still seems like a good deal.

Yeah considering the crappy dealer has shut shop in Delhi, didn't helped me in dealing with RMA & local dealer was not ready to RMA the PSU... Which means I had to ship it on my own to Cyber Space... But they are paying the shipping costs so it actually works out for ~75% of the invoice....:eek:hyeah:

Thing I am mad about is that I guess Cyber Space tried to dupe me by offering 80% of the amount they billed the dealer to.... which came to ~Rs. 1100/- margin for the dealer... Its highly unlikely that a dealer can get this much margin for PSU... Thats why I pressed for 80% of my invoice amount that I paid to the dealer....

Second most dealers are offering 40% to Antec customers which is like they are making money in between... So people press for 80% & try to avoid Antec totally if you can.... :mad:

Finally deal is closed & I've sent the PSU... The amount needs to be credited in my a/c. & lets see how much time it takes....

^ Hope everything goes ok from here. Will check up on what the issue was :)

Eazy - Yep I remember that incident! Till this day not really sure who was messing up where :huh:. But having been in the loop, I was under the strong impression that IT Depot weren't at fault then.

On a side note, I've found quite a few of the TruePower 2.0s dropping out. The NeoHE and the EarthWatts were two series from Antec that I thought were excellent and so far i've not really heard of many complaints from the two. Unfortunately both these lines are either not offered anymore or out of stock.

SoulFire said:
id like to contact mr Shunmugavel too as i have a antec neo he lyin for replacement since 4 months now that they are trying to provide a 3 yr old replacement psu which i refuse to accept

antec + IT DEPOT = POS

It depot are absolute cheats and offered me peanuts too for my neo he 500 which was jus like a yr old n died on me , i jus went ahead n bought a corsair

but id like to contact this person too to solve my problem

nobody shud buy antec anymore , they dont care about the customer and theyre replacement policies r POS

Antec India/IT Depot do *not* have a service center in India. As such they do not service/repair any Antec PSUs. I'm sure about this and have asked them quite a few times. IT Depot themselves cannot tamper with the warranty stickers.

If any dealer is offering you a repaired PSU, its definitely not from Antec - beware and do not accept it. Who is the dealer to who you've handed your PSU for RMA ?

I agree. Delta people are great, but I hate ANTEC, not Delta/IT Depot. I have opened around 15 support tickets in Antec Websites for the last 4 months. They replied only one time and its also after 2 months.

I got reply from Delta navin today:

Dear Kamal Bhai,

We are done on the credit note process, you should get them within a week

If it is within 1 Year of Purchase we could issue 100% refund and if beyond we could give 80% refund for a faulty PSU

as per the new warranty policy.

Thanks & regards,

Vinod.

I will continue my purchases with Delta/IT Depot but no more ANTEC products.

OK here is one GOOD experience I had with Antec USA.

I had bought a Antec P160 from Prime Mumbai which was sourced from theitdepot. One day I opened the front panel of the case and the 3 Blue LED's in this panel got damaged :( I asked Prime to check with theitdepot if any chance of getting new LEDs and was given a negative reply.

Then I took a chance and filled in a form on the Antec USA pages and requested them for these 3 LEDs, got no reply for 2 weeks and I thought to myself that it was a no-go situation. But around the 2 week period I received a parcel by courier from Antec USA with 3 New LED's along with the connecting cable. :eek:hyeah:

Eazy said:
OK here is one GOOD experience I had with Antec USA.

I had bought a Antec P160 from Prime Mumbai which was sourced from theitdepot. One day I opened the front panel of the case and the 3 Blue LED's in this panel got damaged :( I asked Prime to check with theitdepot if any chance of getting new LEDs and was given a negative reply.

Then I took a chance and filled in a form on the Antec USA pages and requested them for these 3 LEDs, got no reply for 2 weeks and I thought to myself that it was a no-go situation. But around the 2 week period I received a parcel by courier from Antec USA with 3 New LED's along with the connecting cable. :eek:hyeah:
Lucky Fella.... :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

I also created a trouble ticket on Antec USA site but there is no positive response yet... So cantacted the distri directly......

Guys....

today I was credited the amount which is ~54% of the invoice & not 70% as was promised to me :mad: :mad: ... I called Cyber Space & spoke to Ms. Uma & was told that its Mr. Shunmugavel who had earlier spoken with me & promised the amount has indeed told the lady to credit this changed amount....
I demanded to speak with Mr. Shunmugavel but he was not available... She told me that she will confirm it with Mr. Shunmugavel & call back but still no call... :mad: :mad: :mad:

FINAL UPDATE!!!...

OK.... I got a mail from Mr. Shunmugavel today & it explains the glitch.... Except from the mail....

"I am sorry my mistake. We had quoted 70% of customer’s invoice value which would be Rs **** I think. Please can you ask sundar to issue a cheque for the balance amount ASAP"

So I got the credit for the balance amount from Cyber Space today.... End result is I got 70% of the invoice amount + Shipping paid by distri... So effectively it came to 75% of the invoice amount finally....

I've ordered Corsair VX450 last week & with all despair of living in Tier II city its still en route after 10 days... Hopefully it will be here this Friday...:D
As for Antec I guess it was a not a negetive experience totally but also not the positive one... Credit note is not an excuse to not able to providing good service... Also since I was in a fix (dealer closing shop & ;local dealer refusing to help with RMA), Cyber Space used the situation & didn't refunded according to policy citing proper channels not available in my case & bargained it to 70%.... I am not complaining but I am not satisfied totally & opted only to get out of the fix...

This hold an experience telling dealer is important to claim warranty...

Anyway, People can still opt for Antec if they are ready for the Credit note experience but I think you should know the fine details....
1. Antec does not have a service center in India & warranty policy is to refund 100% of your invoice if PSU dies or develops a snag within 1 year of purchase & 80% of your invoice if after 1 year for rest of the warranty term...
2. Dealer interaction is a must 'coz distri. considers it a proper channel....
3. Don't get duped by the dealer if he tells Antec is settling for 40% or 50%... Many users have complained about this...
4. The refund is over the counter which means it should be provided by the dealer directly...
5. So if in need for RMA.. Get in touch with Cyber Space directly, explaining them the situation & discuss the credit amount then only get to your dealer so that he cannot fool you..

Finally if you are not one for the credit note then look for other brands... Corsair is good but its warranty policy is not foolproof as well.... They do not have 1:1 no questions asked policy & they claim to have 22 service centers under Kobian Electronics India which takes care of the warranty for now & not Tirupati... I mailed them one too many times for terms & conditions & like every company never got a straight answer but a suger coated warranty policy....

I can make a thread for all my communications with Corsair India for their warranty policy if members want it....

Hope my ordeal helps fellow users :)

But I didnt get my refund yet now. I have given my PSU two months before. This is the mails I got from ITDEPOT.

On: Thursday, March 06, 2008 11:10 AM

You will get the refund in a day or 2,

Thanks & regards

Vinod

On: Monday, March 10, 2008 1:41 PM

It is a 2 Week process delta to receive the CHQ, from our side. we will update you as soon as Delta receives the CHQ.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod

On: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 1:39 PM

Dear Sir

We have been informed that it will be closed today.

Once again sorry for the delay.

Customer support,

IT DEPOT

On: Thursday, March 13, 2008 5:25 PM

Delta will get paid in another 10 days max.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod.

First they promised me to give the refund in 2 days, then 2 weeks then 10 days. Is this guys are cheating me? Already I am waiting for 2 months!!!

ibmmainframes said:
But I didnt get my refund yet now. I have given my PSU two months before. This is the mails I got from ITDEPOT.

On: Thursday, March 06, 2008 11:10 AM

On: Monday, March 10, 2008 1:41 PM

On: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 1:39 PM

On: Thursday, March 13, 2008 5:25 PM

First they promised me to give the refund in 2 days, then 2 weeks then 10 days. Is this guys are cheating me? Already I am waiting for 2 months!!!

Call them directly & talk to "Uma" or Mr Shunmugavel directly... If possible get them to credit directly in your a/c..

have u guys tried raising a "TICKET" at the antec website , ive done that to show how pathetic ITDEPOT is in india , my case is with the manager , id suggest u guys do teh same too.

Oh Man. I have raised around 20 tickets yet now for the last 6 months.(if you want I will give you the complete history). IT Depot guys atleast reply to your mails. But dont expect any reply from Antec.

If IT DEPOT guys are *******, then ANTEC Guys are idiots.

I hope, nobody in INDIA can manage with ANTEC, other than IT DEPOT. Well done IT Depot!!! I salute your patience!!!

"Delta" stopped selling ANTEC products and switched to Corsair SMPS & Cooler Master Cases. Only IT DEPOT is still selling ANTEC products in India.

I have even passed a complaint to Antec Asia, they simply forwarded it to Antec International. From there, its forwarded to IT DEPOT. What a brilliant solution!!!

If you get a reply from ANTEC, Please post it here...

Back