CPU/Mobo Getting DFI mobos in India officially

Chaos

Skilled
Well this is for all you ppl who own/wish to own DFI lanparty/infinity etc boards. Darky started off a thread at DFI street something like a month back asking what the status of DFI coming to india is. He got a pretty favourable reply from the site admin (angry_games). I pitched in my support as well. However since then cos of lack of support from other ppl, the thread kinda disappeared into old ones. Today I just bumped it up again so that the ppl there take notice of the thing again. Well so if u ppl want a dfi board in india with warranty in the future, please do support this thread by putting in a message or two stating ur support. This is a good chance of us doing something for the bleak hardware scene in India. The thread is here:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=11651

Thanks to darky for reminding me to write this :). Hoping for ur support!

Yeah,all guys interested in getting the excellent DFI boards.Please support this thread on DFI street which will compell the DFI guys to take note of the demand.

Me too dying for DFI in India.
Hope DFI listens to us and they start selling there wonderful masterpeice here in India.

Hope our efforts dont get wasted.
Just Posted there.

Eazy thats a must like for ne DFI owner.
Thanks.

Requesting ppl to register on Dfi Street Forums and request them to bring there
products to india.

Hope they listen to us this time.

DFI is actually Designed For Innovation or something like that.

the fuss abt these boards is that they are the BEST overclocking boards for AMD. It is undisputed.... you have a myriad of volatge options and divider options and it is just one of the best mobos for an overclocker or enthusiast...

what is the meaning of divider ? i have read somewhere that Asus boards are known for its reliability whereas DFI is meant for extreme overclocking . if one wants to get the best ultimate motherboard , which one would be recommended in his case ( no overclocking at all ) ?

that Foxconn motherboard seems to be very good ( which is given in techtree configuration below 50K article ) for its price and features ( Nvidia n-Force 4 chipset ) .. what is the performance difference between DFI and Foxconn ?

It was Darky who said that Asus is the most stable and DFI is not as stable as it but better for oc'ing....

And if you are not oc'ing then, I guess the MSI nf4 mobos are the best.... they have some of the best features I have seen on a mobo.

its simple.
There are basically 3 types of PC users.
Normal , enthusiast and extreme.

If you fall into enthusiast or extreme user then you will find the solution to get max out of your system. For them getting mobos like Foxconn or Intel original is not an option. By spending 5K more on motherboard we are getting the speed of 30K more expensive processor.
If you are extreme user you will get the best and get more than whats required out of your system.
If you are a normal user who wants a stable system that should do well without giving too much problems or hickups then you opt for something liek Foxconn.
If you are rich normal user who has money to blow and want good performance then he buys best hardware there is possible to get and run it at stock.

Not DFI board is for enthusiast and extreme users. Given a choice i am ready to sacrifice on little stability for extreme performance and overclocking ability.
You have do decide what you wana do and what chances you want to take and decide what you wana buy.
There is nothing wrong to be in any catagory.

If you want a 100% stable board which will give you all the performance you need at stock then in indian conditions the best suited is A8N SLI deluxe.

broar94 said:
.. what is the performance difference between DFI and Foxconn ?
At the same speed and memory settings ....practically no difference. Since they have the same chipset NF4 - Ultra.
DFI just has more Features and tweaking options. which can be used to get the maximum out of your System. and it has a better power supply and regulation circuit on-board, which helps in attaining and maintining stability at extreme o/c levels.
Another Very impotant difference is that with DFI-Ultra m/b you can run just about any cheap , generic memory at a comparitively higher speed than most of the other nf4 uktra Motherboards. it is a consequence of the multitude of Ram timing settings.

Left my post there too :) . Wonder if they'll think we're spamming :p

broar94 said:
what is the meaning of divider ?

Divider - in this case would mean a Memory Divider.

These dividers come as various options like 100/133/166/183 etc. The way they work is, assuming your HTT is at stock 200Mhz , applying a 100Mhz divider would force your mem to run at 100Mhz(200Mhz DDR). A 133/166Mhz mem divider would force the mem to run at 133/166Mhz(266/333Mhz DDR) speeds respectively. The default if you have DDR400 mem would be the mem running at 200Mhz(400Mhz DDR) in sync with your 200Mhz HTT.

Its basically useful when you're overclocking. Say for example you need to OC your HTT to about 300 Mhz . You may have mem that cannot scale that high to 300Mhz(600Mhz DDR), so lets say you use a 133Mhz Mem divider - your mem would be forced to 133Mhz(DDR 266) at stock 200 HTT. At 300 HTT, your mem would accordingly be overclocked to : (300HTT/200HTT) * 133Mhz = approx 199Mhz (398Mhz DDR). Using the dividers helps reach a sweet spot between your OC'ed CPU and your OC'ed RAM.

Wasnt there a reason DFI left the Indian market? Something about disagreements between DFI and Indian dealers (atleast thats what i remember reading somewhere on the forum) ?

And i'm sure there are many who will flame me, but DFI honestly has a long way to go with quality control. Having Oskar Wu at the top does NOT make you the best motherboard company. Sure he's quite good.. very good at what he does, but you need the support of the rest of the company/staff to bring out good stuff. Else tomorrow even Mercury can claim Oskar Wu has been recruited and release their range of OC'ing boards!

The DFI nF4 board is undoubtedly good - i dont deny i've had my share of fun on this board, but it has had quite a number of significant problems - the most important being the 4v Jumper issue, a feature that many of us bought the board for , and a feature thats now adviseable to stay away from. Its quite disappointing to see the response from DFI on this issue - especially at DFI Street, many of these problems/other problems are often deliberately over-looked, else there's a new excuse from DFI everyday.

Personally i've had problems with the nVidia LAN almost always locking up, until I updated the BIOS to 615. When looking for similar problems at DFI Street, I found a few threads and found that they hadn't been responded to - zero/nil replies. The folks at DFI street present a very hostile appearance - especially to newbies, I would feel much more comfortable asking quieries to guys on TE than on DFI street any day.

Deejay said:
Another Very impotant difference is that with DFI-Ultra m/b you can run just about any cheap , generic memory at a comparitively higher speed than most of the other nf4 uktra Motherboards.

Funny you should mention this - no offence to you :hap5:, but on DFI Street you could get seriously snubbed off if you have "cheap generic memory" as part of your system specs. I have read many a time , A_G and Rgone themselves saying cheap memory + DFI = not a good idea.

Back