CPU/Mobo Getting DFI mobos in India officially

zhopudey said:
Whoa! Some major DFI bashing going on. This is really interesting. And quite an eye opener. I (along with many others, I believe), was just swept blindly along the DFI fanboy wave. Never gave a thought to these potential issues.

This is what I've been trying to say from the beginning, that DFIs are a bag of
mixed worms. It's not that I particularly dislike them, but I'm against the sheer
fanboyism that hides their faults and shortcomings. Their boards are as problematic
as any other's, if not more. But the fanboys will behave like it's you who's been
wrong all along. Oh the attitude! :no:

Ah! It just crossed my head that I may be taken for a spoiler who's trying to
scare potential DFI customers here. No, I'm not! I'm only giving them credit
where it's due.

I'll stop posting anything (bad) about DFI, before I'm accused of anything.
What do you say, Moderators?

that not true ..... u are not scaring any potencial customers ..... i think people going for DFi will be knowing the board inside out :) .... and every board has its own problem so does Dfi

Yamaraj said:
where it's due.

Nah i guess its perfectly fine to have your views if you don't indulge in trolling. You put your point of view across without doing so.

Frankly speaking imho DFI is a bit overhyped partly because of the fact that enthusiasts who use them have a major say/opinion on most internet forum boards. But then again for sheer tweakability nothing comes close. That said i am mostly going with Asus even with DFI on the scene. :)

Dont Worry Yamaraj.... I think what you are saying makes perfect sense.

And yeah, most people buying DFI will know the pros and cons of it. But then, many people also will not know abt it nd will get arried away by the DFI wave.

Blade_Runner said:
That said i am mostly going with Asus even with DFI on the scene. :)
well.. i was on to thinking like that a few months back.. was determined to stick with A8Ne over the DFI.. hehe.. but once i used the DFI, havent gone back to A8Ne .. DFI's been giving me rock solid stability and a plethora of options to play with (though i must admit i dont understand most of them anyway).. :eek:hyeah:

Don't know if this is the right thread for this post. Got a email today from Vinod ( antec india ) saying "DFI mobos have landed".

Yamaraj said:
where it's due.

dude, you have a right to your opinion, just because you say something different wont have everyone up in arms, this is what makes TE a healthy forum.

p.s - those who swear by DFI would go for it no matter what you say or feel :tongue: :tongue: & there are many in TE who are DFI fans...

Bottom line is, nobody is *forcing* anyone to buy a DFI ! In fact I strongly discourage people from recommending DFI boards in any of the configuration threads at TE unless the user himself knows what he's getting into !

The important thing is that in the fairly dull motherboard market in India, there are *options* being made available and competition is never a bad thing. Today DFI, who knows tomorrow it could be Abit, Epox, etc etc :)

Nice to see some very rational views here. And I'm glad to be a part of this
community where no one takes minor issues to their hearts.

^^Thats what puts TE over any other forum I visit. Most peepz here are rational and intelligent and hardly any flaming. Well moral of the story.... dont recommend DFI to n00bs ;). As for myself, I wouldn't buy any other brand as of today :D.

Well, Chaos, you are far from a noob :p . One of the most higly respected and knowledgeable member on TE.

And yeah, we on Te do have our skirmishes but they mostly are in the Chatterbits section and are in no way related to tech.

But then this certain freedom at TE to say what we want is what makes TE so great!!

Well, this is becoming like a "Praise TE" thread!!

Anyway, yeah. I remember Quad had also given his DFI to Funky for setting it up the first time. It does have features which may not be used completely by novices.....

dipdude said:
p.s - those who swear by DFI would go for it no matter what you say or feel :tongue: :tongue: & there are many in TE who are DFI fans...

Ask me or ne person on TE i have been waiting for DFI for more than 3 months now.

This is how crazy i have been to get my hands on a DFI.

Finally will be getting it after my exams get over on 12th Nov.

And as my exam gets over will be building my entire new rig.

May be I am Wrong ,

But why don't you ppl ask (select one only) a delaer to import DFL you requires most.

Yes I know RMA is big problem but may be not if dealer arrange for same?

Well i have been using DFI for quite some time now and havent encountered any major problem as yet.
But still i would recommend Asus over DFI for noob buying a new system
In my honest opinion DFI is best for enthusiasts and cant be ideal for one's main rig.

Just my opinions. ;)

Back