CPU/Mobo Getting DFI mobos in India officially

Noone even tried it on DFI. Seriously my D43 did preety good on DFI. So did the transcend. The board is a quality board.
IMHO if we reach out to DFI as a group ready to bring them back in india then somethign can be done. We can even have a official disto of DFI. If we approach other companies like this they will respond.
Most of them are totally unaware that such market exsists here.
If we just keep saying bring them to India its not gona do anything. We need to do something ourselves. Its not a piece of cake but i know its doable.

Crazy_Eddy said:
Left my post there too :) . Wonder if they'll think we're spamming :p

Divider - in this case would mean a Memory Divider.

These dividers come as various options like 100/133/166/183 etc. The way they work is, assuming your HTT is at stock 200Mhz , applying a 100Mhz divider would force your mem to run at 100Mhz(200Mhz DDR). A 133/166Mhz mem divider would force the mem to run at 133/166Mhz(266/333Mhz DDR) speeds respectively. The default if you have DDR400 mem would be the mem running at 200Mhz(400Mhz DDR) in sync with your 200Mhz HTT.

Its basically useful when you're overclocking. Say for example you need to OC your HTT to about 300 Mhz . You may have mem that cannot scale that high to 300Mhz(600Mhz DDR), so lets say you use a 133Mhz Mem divider - your mem would be forced to 133Mhz(DDR 266) at stock 200 HTT. At 300 HTT, your mem would accordingly be overclocked to : (300HTT/200HTT) * 133Mhz = approx 199Mhz (398Mhz DDR). Using the dividers helps reach a sweet spot between your OC'ed CPU and your OC'ed RAM.

Wasnt there a reason DFI left the Indian market? Something about disagreements between DFI and Indian dealers (atleast thats what i remember reading somewhere on the forum) ?
And i'm sure there are many who will flame me, but DFI honestly has a long way to go with quality control. Having Oskar Wu at the top does NOT make you the best motherboard company. Sure he's quite good.. very good at what he does, but you need the support of the rest of the company/staff to bring out good stuff. Else tomorrow even Mercury can claim Oskar Wu has been recruited and release their range of OC'ing boards!

The DFI nF4 board is undoubtedly good - i dont deny i've had my share of fun on this board, but it has had quite a number of significant problems - the most important being the 4v Jumper issue, a feature that many of us bought the board for , and a feature thats now adviseable to stay away from. Its quite disappointing to see the response from DFI on this issue - especially at DFI Street, many of these problems/other problems are often deliberately over-looked, else there's a new excuse from DFI everyday.

Personally i've had problems with the nVidia LAN almost always locking up, until I updated the BIOS to 615. When looking for similar problems at DFI Street, I found a few threads and found that they hadn't been responded to - zero/nil replies. The folks at DFI street present a very hostile appearance - especially to newbies, I would feel much more comfortable asking quieries to guys on TE than on DFI street any day.

Funny you should mention this - no offence to you :hap5:, but on DFI Street you could get seriously snubbed off if you have "cheap generic memory" as part of your system specs. I have read many a time , A_G and Rgone themselves saying cheap memory + DFI = not a good idea.
A_G and R_Gone , aren't they employees of DFI ??
So do you expect them to be unbiased in their opinions ..??;) , They have to mention the "official" company's policies and recomendations.
They are there to support / sell DFI. Period. Its their job.
And if you visit any m/b mfgr's website / support forum you would find the same recomendations ....., good powerful psu, hi-Quality rams .....etc
personally i have had a very good result while testing the cheapest generic rams avialable here locally. (after a bit of tweaking) ....AND ..... using generic powersafe 500 watts 20 pin ATX connector on this m/b.
The issues with this m/b
1) as mentioned by you , The 4V jumper issue. bcuz of 2 reasons.

a) Very hot temperature of the Voltage regulator and the capacitor next to it. (Extreme right of the board, next to the last yellow Dimm Slot)

b) fluctuating VTT at > 3.2V Vdimm Setting. This leads to crashes / instability for many users.
2) The location of the chipset and the small h/s on it.

The graphic card nearly touches the heatsink. installing an aftermarket cooler , for e.g. Arctic Cooling vga coolers is a very tedious and frustrating expirience.

The temps of the chipset easily crosses 50C on running the m/c for a few minutes at medium loads (atleast for me:huh: )
3) Only 2 pci slots. until we see pci-x add on cards atleast 3 pci slots is desirable.
4) I have disabled the Nvidia Lan and am using the marvellous marvel lan. apparently the nvidia nic has issues with the in2cable (my isp) software
The Good part "

Well imagine all the functions and good things that you would want on ur ideal m/b and its present on this. it is too numerous to type it here.
But the Worst part about this board ....

It Spoils you.:eek:hyeah: one gets so carried away with this board while overclocking that it makes us forget the fundamental laws of physics and push the cpu and memory over its limit. it is this high voltages / high "internal" temps which are the cause of failures of the rams and cpu's on this board.
and now with the 704 series bios you can set the memory speed more than cpu fsb .......;) :D ideal for persons who have a fairly high speed rams but a poor o/c'able (venice and later core) cpu's. especially good for guys who have 3200+ ones.
PS: and Who snubbed you there Crazy, one of the most active members here on "our" own TE. just point the link and you can be rest assured those offending members there will be "liberated" Yankee Doodle style.

WARNING

A Little OT - but didn't know where I could catch all you DFI folks in one place !

I think I may have just missed frying my CPU y'day night :O . Spent a few hours with the 704-3 beta BIOS and got a better RAM overclock but went back to an older one bcoz of some instability. This what I just happened to come across about 704 from Oskar Wu (dated 7/10/05) (Please double check anyways):

Due to the a mistake made in 7/04 beta bios , do not use
'Above VID * 123%'
'Above VID * 126%'
'Above VID * 133%'
'Above VID * 136%'

option under "CPU VID Special Control"

The bios may have chance to set wrong vcore voltage under certain circumstances ...

If the cpu can not handle the wrong core voltage , it may be damaged ...
This problem has only been found in 7/04 bios and 'Above VID * 123%' , 'Above VID * 126%' , 'Above VID * 133%' , 'Above VID * 136%' are used ... If you did not use the 4 settings , it will be ok you if still want to use 7/04 bios ...

Please help me to remove this bios around the internet ...

I apologize for the this mistake ...

source:
http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.php?p=159120&postcount=1

Guys we should create a Poll on TE and submit it to DFI

I am running a poll on Digit Forums but its going very slowly.

Code:
Q. Would you like to have DFI Motherboards in India

- Yes 
- No

I have mailed DFI regarding this.
Lets see what their reply is. I dont think anyone at DFI street can help us much regarding this as thats their support forum basically.

Received their email.
They are looking for Distributors in India.

First of all, thanks for your interests in DFI.

We're also looking for a partner to distribute and get the market share in India,
attached is our company profile for your reference, kindly provide us yours,
and then we could talk about our business in more details

Best Regards,

Yvonne PAN
Tel: +886-2-26942986 ext. 329
Fax: +886-2-26943221
yvonne.pan@dfi.com.tw

Now i dont run a company so i have forworded this to couple of my friends in Rashi. Hopefully someone is interested in this.
Whats the website of BBC? I need their emails to forword this. I know 1 guy from BBC to whom i have sent mail but wanted to send it to official bbc marketing or sales dept.
Guys what to do? Darky, need to talk to ya over the msn.
Here is their company profile they sent me.
http://rapidshare.de/files/3018047/Company_Profile.ppt.html

Come on Darky...... Take up DFI.....

I can't think of any other company which can distribute these...... I would hate to see DFI being sold by illiterates at Rashi or BBC or something

funkymonkey said:
Received their email.
They are looking for Distributors in India.

Now i dont run a company so i have forworded this to couple of my friends in Rashi. Hopefully someone is interested in this.
Whats the website of BBC? I need their emails to forword this. I know 1 guy from BBC to whom i have sent mail but wanted to send it to official bbc marketing or sales dept.
Guys what to do? Darky, need to talk to ya over the msn.
Here is their company profile they sent me.
http://rapidshare.de/files/3018047/Company_Profile.ppt.html

How about TheITDepot as well?

Gr8 news Funky.
What about MediaTech or Prime ABGB for DFI in Mumbai.
Let us know what Rashi Says.

itdepot in also good.

Dont know about other parts of India.

This came outta the blue. Never expected this reply from TheITDepot :
Hi Mahesh,
We are also looking at adding up newer product lines. Can look at DFI also as a additional Product line.
Thanks & Regards,
Vinod

Director Sales & Marketing

Tel:+ 91-44-24362680 / 81

Fax : +91-44-52154188

Hand Phone : +91-94444-06588

email : vinod@antecindia.com

Back