[GO] HMT Pilot - Mechanical watch with White dial and Blue hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested in one, confirm on price please.
Price is confirmed

Oh damn, had it been the canvas strap like in that lionseek link I would have opted for one too. Or I can look at other places for a canvas strap.
You can get a nice canvas strap off ebay.com. HMT office people had suggested me a strap wholesale dealer here in chennai, will check with that place if possible.

Will it wind automatically from wearer's hand movements ?
Its a manual winding mechanical watch (a collectors item these days :p)
Please reserve one for me.

Any chance of getting a Pocket mechanical watch like this one.
http://www.hmtwatches.in/946/product-details/gents-pocket-watch.html

Function : Plain
Case Type : GOLD PLATED
Strap Type : GP - CHAIN
Dial Color : WD
Unit : WFR
MRP (INR) : 1450.00

They didnt have stock of Pocket watch last time I checked, but they were willing to bring it on order basis. If you are interested I will check with them again.

Last edited:
The correct term would be mechanical or hand-wound. Automatic watches are self-winding. :p
Even the Automatic watches are Mechanical :p. (HMT self winding / automatic watches can also be wound manually)
Its Manual/hand winding Mechanical watch.

HMT self winding / automatic watches can also be wound manually

Oh I didn't know this! Is this only for HMT automatic watches? Because I thought the regular automatic watches have a spring that gains energy due to the movement of the wrist and thus operates. Once the movement stops, the watch stops later.

Oh I didn't know this! Is this only for HMT automatic watches? Because I thought the regular automatic watches have a spring that gains energy due to the movement of the wrist and thus operates. Once the movement stops, the watch stops later.
No, Its not just for HMT automatic. Many of the automatic movements support the hand winding too, I think.
Yes, Automatic watches gain energy due to the hand movement (its winding - auto winding :) )

Put me up for one too. Let me start off my watch collection with HMT. :cigar:

Last edited by a moderator:
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/le-hmt-white-pilot-status-info-thread-892609-19.html

As a Enthusiast and being a member on various forums, Being a Enthusiast myself, I have always seen that a enthusiast will go any length to help other pursue that enthusiasm but what i am seeing on below thread is as if we have invaded another people fiefdom ...

To me it appears majority of people barring few 10-20 people are bussinessman's who will sell these limited editions once they get their hand on them .

This is the way it works:

1. Automatic Winding: There is a heavy rotor inside the watch, which has an awkward center of gravity, so any movement will spin it. This winds the mainspring (coil), which is slowly loosened and controlled by the balance wheel/escapement combination, else it will immediately loose all tension; ie energy.
2. Manual Winding: Same as above, but there is NO rotor, and the crown is twisted to tighten the mainspring as above. (The Pilot is like this). That is why these watches are the thinnest possible, since the rotor is not accommodated and just the movement for the drive to tighten the mainspring.
3. Some automatics can have the option of (2). So one can use the rotor (hand movement) or tighten the mainspring using the crown. The Pilot, does not offer this.
4. All the above are known as mechanical watches.
5. Kinetic (Seiko): A rotor spins and charges a high storage battery. So this is not a mechanical, but actually a hybrid between quartz and mechanical.
6. Quartz: A battery is used to power a crystal which oscillates and maintains time, and in turn the gear train. Eco-Drive and Solar watches would fall under this too.

@gmano I would be interested in buying one if the delivery is by 5th september. I wont be staying in India after that. can you please confirm if hmt guys can make the delivery by 5th sep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back