[GO] HMT Pilot - Mechanical watch with White dial and Blue hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait... Is this still on? I've just read some very depressing comments on WUS forum. I love watches and I like exclusivity. But it seems some of those people are pretty jelly that we're ordering a watch thats too similar to their 'limited edition' watch.

From the guy handling the GO on WUS forum:
I just got off the phone with the Chief Area Officer of HMT. He said and I quote, "Please rest assured, this is the a special model for you only. I have received one enquiry day before yesterday to make this watch but I have not confirmed that we can make it."

A little birdie at the factory told me that they had made a few "blocks" to do the dials, and all of them broke while doing our dials. They have only 510 such dials. Remaking the blocks is an expensive process and and 50 pieces won't get it done.

Background Info: WUS is ordering 'LIMITED EDITION' 500 Pilots in the same white dial - blue hands and not happy with us getting some too.
Wait? Is

HMT has been making watches in batches for generations for corporates and these designs aren't new afaik. Mano can confirm.

@GuruGulabKhatri
Kindly wait for the IC to be declared complete. Then we start a GO thread where in we make our payments.
The IC is due to be complete by today. Hopefully the GO is for 3days to 1 week and hopefully all pays within the time and orders be placed.

OT: wish HMT made Automatics with slight bigger dials.

HMT automatic watches come with bigger dials too (45mm).

@ALL,
The count had reached 79 watches.
I will contact the HMT office today or tomorrow, then we can convert the IC into GO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back