[GO] HMT Pilot - Mechanical watch with White dial and Blue hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
gmano, I know you're probably overwhelmed with the shipping and the thanks you're getting on the forum, but do let me know if you can accept another order from me and I will transfer 1200 + 120 to your account.

WYOHyCMPYn5F
iWYOHyCMPYn5F.jpg

thnx @gmano

gmano, I know you're probably overwhelmed with the shipping and the thanks you're getting on the forum, but do let me know if you can accept another order from me and I will transfer 1200 + 120 to your account.
Yes, you can go ahead. Fill the google form again, once you are done.

@Ambar, @rajat565 I think, hands are not aligned properly. If you guys have a HMT showroom/office in your area, you can get it aligned there. Or you can send it to me, I will get it done in HMT here. (or local watch repair guy can also do it for you). If you need my help, feel free to contact me.

The hands were not aligned when it was hand assembled. Any watch maker should be able to do it. Make sure the person knows what he is doing. He would need a case back press to reseal the back. The whole procedure will take 5-10 minutes.

^^ Is this a serious problem ? Can it be fixed in the next batch ?

It is an one-off occurrence. HMT units are hand assembled. It is a problem: in the sense the chapter (dial) graduations with reference to the minute hand will be "oblong"; so you will read skewed time. It is not a "batch" issue. The case-back has to be opened, the crown disengaged, the movement taken out, and the hands adjusted. As I said, 5-10 minutes. One can do this at home, but sealing the case-back is a problem, without the specific press, which tightly holds the crystal (glass cover); and with equal pressure adheres the case back...!

:)

I cannot thank Mano ji enough! The amount of troubles and efforts he must have taken to get these watches (200+?) ordered from HMT, packing them nicely, printing those addresses and cutting-pasting them on the boxes, sending it across via DTDC, posting the docket numbers - honestly, if I ever got the chance to do such a GO in the first place, I wouldn't have done it! I would have got myself a watch, maybe a few for my friends and be done with it. Thank you so much Mano ji. I think TE owes you one, a really big one!

Some snaps:

WP_20131214_20_13_41_Pro.jpg

WP_20131214_20_14_38_Pro.jpg

WP_20131214_20_15_59_Pro.jpg

WP_20131214_20_16_32_Pro.jpg

WP_20131214_20_17_06_Pro.jpg

WP_20131214_20_17_35_Pro.jpg

WP_20131214_20_18_22_Pro.jpg

My humble collection:

WP_20131214_20_22_26_Pro.jpg

Not a big fan of these NATO straps. Would prefer leather over those.

Last edited:
I cannot thank Mano ji enough! The amount of troubles and efforts he must have taken to get these watches (200+?) ordered from HMT, packing them nicely, printing those addresses and cutting-pasting them on the boxes, sending it across via DTDC, posting the docket numbers - honestly, if I ever got the chance to do such a GO in the first place, I wouldn't have done it! I would have got myself a watch, maybe a few for my friends and be done with it. Thank you so much Mano ji. I think TE owes you one, a really big one!

Not a big fan of these NATO straps. Would prefer leather over those.
Did you use a mobile camera for taking pics?

@gmano I want to buy 1 along with Nato strap. Can I get? How do i place order? I am able to open the google doc but unable to edit it..

Last edited:
@Ambar, @rajat565 I think, hands are not aligned properly. If you guys have a HMT showroom/office in your area, you can get it aligned there. Or you can send it to me, I will get it done in HMT here. (or local watch repair guy can also do it for you). If you need my help, feel free to contact me.

just a suggestion: maybe you could give the next batch of watches a cursory test for this alignment issue before shipping out? additional 3 minutes per watch while packing them to ship...

thinking out loud: WUS guys are doing this custom 40mm build. Can we do our own? An auto movement in 40mm black-pilot-like dial? Numbered and labeled LE? I'd like #013,069 please :D

just a suggestion: maybe you could give the next batch of watches a cursory test for this alignment issue before shipping out? additional 3 minutes per watch while packing them to ship...

thinking out loud: WUS guys are doing this custom 40mm build. Can we do our own? An auto movement in 40mm black-pilot-like dial? Numbered and labeled LE? I'd like #013,069 please :D
I have wound each and every watch and checked if its winding and running properly, I didnt think that they would have missed on the alignment too.
Checking each and every watch (by me) is not a small task as you think.
You really dont know, how much of my time and energy went into this GO to make it a success.

WUS guys are doing this custom 40mm build. Can we do our own? An auto movement in 40mm black-pilot-like dial? Numbered and labeled LE? I'd like #013,069 please :D
I would be in for 1 40mm if same as current Pilot (White dial and blue hands) this one is too small for my hand but still loving it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back