GO/IC : Newly Launched Intel C2Ds E6550, E6750, Q6600

Just confirmed with my Hardware guy...SLACR is still not available newhere in Mumbai yet :( but the price 2 SL9UM has come down 2 Rs.12750/. Also the E6850 is finally available 4 13250/...the E6750 n the E6550 ve come down 2 8600/. n 7600/. Mumbai dealers price INR respectively.

X3210 n X3220 were out of stock n the new stock arrived monday...they will be in my h/w guys hand 2moro, so I'll know their Stepping. Will post prices n S-spec of the Xenons 2moro.

I might give up the waiting game n go get me cheap 4MB L2 C2D till the 45nm Penryn/Yorkfield/Wolfdate or the 45nm server-class Xenon start rolling in at decent costs. The present Kenstfield ve been termed as fake quad cores by AMD as they are made by combining two “dual core†into the same package (in a die) n not a native design like the Barcelona/Penryn/Yorkfield/Wolfdate...reason 4 not OCing as well as (or COOL as) Conroe...yup HEAT.

What do U guys think ???

The itch is getting harder :) only thing thats holding me back is im kind of broke now. Maybe its for my own good, hopefully G0s should be available in a week or 2 and probably will have some gandhis to bust by then.

Seems like Yorkfield will nt be available here in India before December....4-5 months is too much a wait especially considering the processor I have....

Maybe Q6600 now and wait for Nehalem which are true quad cores, skipping the Penryn generation altogether...

But I hear Xeons based on Penryns willbe available in 2 months...

Need time to think...

has33 said:
The present Kenstfield ve been termed as fake quad cores by AMD as they are made by combining two “dual core†into the same package ...
AMD and their pathetic logic! It's like saying that twins aren't siblings.

@ Yamaraj :p

According 2 some other forums:

In official company communications AMD refers to Intels Quad Cores as a "traditional design", but at trade shows AMD representatives have been widely reported as using the term "fake" to describe Intels quad cores. It's all part of an aggressive marketing strategy to discourage customers from buying a Quad Core processor until AMD can bring even a single quad core processor to market.

AMD says they're fake 'cause Intel's Quad Cores are actually two dual-core processors on the same chip (thats why they get pretty hot in comparison to the rest of the C2D line). But I don't see how AMD can be talking negatively about Intel's Quad Cores when they still don't have one of their own. Hopefully they can back themselves up when they finally release their own native Quad Core.

As it stands the only company with a "fake" Quad Core is AMD. Fake because they are all talk and don't have a Quad Core processor on the market...fake because their Quad FX platform solution is a dual-socket platform for dual-core processors. Only when AMD releases a real quad core processor will we be able to compare performance to the Intel Penryn.

Personally, I wouldn't get caught up in the hype that Intel and AMD use to criticize each others designs. All that matters is the actual performance n performance wise, very few present Quad Core ve been able 2 Clock higher than present Duos (specially on air). So it makes perfect sense in getting a E6X50 4 their faster clock speed and FSB (specially 4 gaming) till the upcoming Quad Cores are released, tested n reviewed. IMHO

Abt the X3210...will post the stepping n costs on monday...my h/w guy's been 2 busy selling value ram n creative crap.

On a diff note...looks like I m gonna stick around TE...so lets get my avatar n sig posted.

Yamaraj said:
AMD and their pathetic logic! It's like saying that twins aren't siblings.

lol.... the Intel quad cores are actually not quad cores on a single die, it's much like the fake dual cores Intel released earlier, just to get the chips out sooner, they're two dual cores in a chip, and communicate through FSB, it's no better than a dual socket dual core solution......

hunt3r said:
^^dont tell me ur gonna wait for nehalem just coz they are "true" quad cores

Nope....The trouble is if I buy Q6600 now I cant buy penryn 4 months dwn the line for 20% perf...
But again if they will be released in 2 months Il wait for Penryns...

:huh:

vij said:
Nope....The trouble is if I buy Q6600 now I cant buy penryn 4 months dwn the line for 20% perf...

Just hope the Penryns coming out in 2 months (heard they ve already started shipping) aren't the expensive QX series but the less expensive Quad or Xenon series.

I'll probably get a E6X50 4 a few months...can't go on with my current rig ne longer.

Flash:

Apparently motherboard manufactures already have some Penryn processors and this new report list some juicy specifications for these new processors...

Yorkfield is simply what Conroe was to Kentsfield: two Wolfdale dies are placed onto single Socket 775 organic package - so the amount of L2 cache is doubled to 12MB. And, right now, two things are being tested, the 2.33GHz and 3.33GHz models, with respective multipliers. The 2.33GHz part uses 7x333, while the 3.33GHz Extreme one works at 10x333.

Source

vij said:

Yorkfiled will not launch in quantity until at least Q1 2008 if not Q2, at least for the mainstream parts. Intel may launch a high clocked part to challenge Phenom but the likelihood is that they will only launch high clocked parts first(im guessing). Anyway u can always overclock the Q6600

vij said:
So is Phenom launching in 2 months?

Yes Phenom (3 gigs rest unknown) n Penryn (QX6950 @3.33GHz 12MB L2) are both being launched in 2 months.

Infact QX6950 is just waiting 4 Phenom...once AMD is out, Intel will do whatever tweaking required 2 beat phenom n release 6950 at just a little higher price.

IMO

Updates...According to THX, told from an Intel representative on China, arch. engineer in Taiwan.

Translated via google, so don't expect much...

...'It's important to stand out that the specifications had been not yet finished, and can vary in case that the B2 revision of the K10 nucleus surprises, breaking the barrier of 3GHz as some sites had mentioned. One corresponds of China, engineer of the Intel, in it affirmed them that in case that this happens, modern lithography process 45nm High-K of the Intel will allow that dual-Core Wolfdale reaches the barrier of 4GHz of clock and quad-Core Yorkfield has the high frequency 3.66GHz, to everything this only with a simple increase of voltage.'...

Read full article:

http://www.thehardwaresxtreme.com/fo...read.php?t=560

I think I need 2 start a new thread 4 all this...will do it later 2day.

ok confirmed 100% from Intel top management. they are ready to express ship 10+ pieces for me. price will be exactly same as B-3 (tentatively 13.5K).

i am ready to undertake a GO but the booking has to be done by tonight. they money will have to be transferred by tomorrow afternoon (12AM).

if I place the order in time, the procy will be with me on friday!

man these will have full 3 years warranty.

starting a new GO......

edit: warranty is 3 years!

victorpst, where U 4m ???

Since U mentioned that the processors will be with U on friday, where r they being shipped 4m ???

Was checking out some action in china. *read 45nm Yorkfield & Wolfdale* :D

Don't look here :O :O :O

Back