God of War III - Discussion thread

@Ethan_Hunt - Where you been mate? Hope @Gannu turns up as well.

I really wish they would take the Halo approach and remake the games instead of remastering them. God of War 2 HD remaster looked good but DMC 1 and 2 HD remake was pretty meh.

@Ethan_Hunt - Where you been mate? Hope @Gannu turns up as well.

I really wish they would take the Halo approach and remake the games instead of remastering them. God of War 2 HD remaster looked good but DMC 1 and 2 HD remake was pretty meh.

Hiya prabs! I've been around; lurking mostly. Spoke to Gannu a few weeks back. He's been busy too, plus the whole marriage part and his gaming has taken a back seat. I'll call him up, but doubt he'll be active again.

I have to agree with the remake part, but it takes a lot of time and effort to build a remake from scratch. Personally, I'd love to see certain older games to be remade with current generation engine; Grand Theft Auto Vice City for instance. It would look so f*cking grand on the current generation Rockstar engine. But I guess Remastering is more cost effective solution for the developers to draw the newer audiences with the whole HD touch.

I don't really feel God of War III ever needed an HD bump. It already looked spectacular on the PS3. I suppose this is Sony's way of stalling till their bigger games arrive.

Hiya prabs! I've been around; lurking mostly. Spoke to Gannu a few weeks back. He's been busy too, plus the whole marriage part and his gaming has taken a back seat. I'll call him up, but doubt he'll be active again.

I have to agree with the remake part, but it takes a lot of time and effort to build a remake from scratch. Personally, I'd love to see certain older games to be remade with current generation engine; Grand Theft Auto Vice City for instance. It would look so f*cking grand on the current generation Rockstar engine. But I guess Remastering is more cost effective solution for the developers to draw the newer audiences with the whole HD touch.

I don't really feel God of War III ever needed an HD bump. It already looked spectacular on the PS3. I suppose this is Sony's way of stalling till their bigger games arrive.

Found out a few minutes back that he got married. What was funny about the whole incident is that he drove all the way from Gujrat to Chennai to his own marriage. This! when people drive in the wrong direction really fast when they are about to get married.

I would buy Vice City in a heartbeat. I agree with God of War 3 not really needing a facelift for releasing on PS4 it looks gorgeous on PS3.

Hi prabs. How're you doing? :)

Gaming has indeed taken a backseat since the last few months. My desktop has been lying idle without a power supply for some time now. I haven't been active on TE for a while now. I have plans to pick up a PS4 when Uncharted 4 is out. Hoping for a price cut by then. Read the reviews of Bloodborne and looks like it's an awesome title.

Hi Allwyn, will call you one of these days bro.

Found out a few minutes back that he got married. What was funny about the whole incident is that he drove all the way from Gujrat to Chennai to his own marriage. This! when people drive in the wrong direction really fast when they are about to get married.

Haha yeah that was such an amazing trip. Got a chance to do a long drive, didn't want to miss it. :p

Now who would have thought that a God of War thread would bring back everyone (almost everyone). Good to have you back man, albeit momentarily. Imagine the game which made me buy the Playstation 3 is now being remastered for PS4. Sadly, I have no intentions of getting a PS4 anytime soon. My GTX970 is crushing all the games at one-zero-eight-zero-P. Apart from inFamous Second Son and Bloodborne, there is nothing really worthwhile for me.

Did you sell your graphic card? I don't remember, sorry. If not, junk it and get one of the 9-series nVidia card. Witcher III is closing in, so no reason to hold back now.

Haha good times those were eh? :)

I fondly recall the day when the disc landed and I returned from work when the tenant downstairs handed over the copy. It was a blast! I wonder when will I ever get to cherish those days once again.

I still have my card just that the system doesn't have a PSU. Will get one shortly. Yeah Witcher III is incoming and I need to get the power supply soon. Haven't played the recent COD or BF titles. How were those?

I dont think I would upgrade my GPU soon. Have some upgrades lined up for the car. Lets see.

You can safely skip Battlefield 4, as I found it to be a total borefest. CoD: Advanced Warfare was fun and short, so you can definitely try that.

The problem with most games these days are they draw a lot of VRAM. So forget cranking up those uber textures and stuff. My 560Ti was practically murdered when playing The Evil Within. I finally caved in while playing Dragon Age Inquisition and got a new GPU. If you want to stick to PC gaming, that's all you need now. Your processor still kicks arse, so don't worry about it. You got a lot of time to pimp your ride.

@Gannu - Good to see you back mate.

OT - It isn't just the PS4 price but the combination of the console price and the title prices that are holding me back. Hope the dollar rates come down so that we can go back to 1499/- old titles (Platinum, Greatest Hits etc) and 2499/- for new titles. At present the games on PS4 don't interest me apart from MKX releasing shortly and UC4 later.

Back