Google Nexus S is out

madnav said:
it is not just yours, i think google enabled it over froyo :p
Google never enabled radio thru froyo. Bunch of guys detected Radio hardware in the Nexus One, then ported the FM Radio portion from Desire to the Nexus One

madnav said:
it is not just yours, i think google enabled it over froyo :p

@superfrag,

it wont be too late until all that gets implemented on actual SGS both being almost identical.
Don't fool yourself, they're not identical. It's not like Desire/N1 or G2/Desire Z, however similar, there are still quite a lot of minor differences that'll be a PITA for the ROM cookers, to port it over to the SGS.

I'm in the UK (returning to Bangalore next week), but there's not a chance in hell I'm buying the unlocked one here. Or the contract one also, FWIW.

UK price - £550, which works out to about $865

US price - $529

So yeah, $330 more?! Wtf? I can buy a pretty nice low-end Android for that much...

Hence, if someone is willing to buy from the USA, I'm more than willing to jump into a GO :D

Nexus S goes on sale only on 20th in UK and 16th in USA, that too at select stores. Even if you are present in those countries, good luck beating the fanbois in line :p

I'm not sure why this is not possible on the Best Buy site as of now, but I can pre-order the phone in the UK right now, and pick it up peacefully from a Carphone Warehouse when it gets released.

None of that "camping out al night in line" tedium for me!

Is the prices above of $529 for unlocked ? Friend of mine is coming on 26th this month someone has website listing on amazon or something

shr1k said:
Also, IIRC, same price as Nexus One when it launched about a year back..?
SunnyBoi said:
ANyone buying? $529, same as the Nexus One when released.

I liked it better last time, ordered phone on Jan 5, laser engraved and delivered to Singapore on 11th :D

SunnyBoi said:
Google never enabled radio thru froyo. Bunch of guys detected Radio hardware in the Nexus One, then ported the FM Radio portion from Desire to the Nexus One
my bad, was under impression that it was released officially after seeing n1 FM froyo roms over xda.
Superfrag said:
Don't fool yourself, they're not identical. It's not like Desire/N1 or G2/Desire Z, however similar, there are still quite a lot of minor differences that'll be a PITA for the ROM cookers, to port it over to the SGS.
what im trying to say is that it will not be like 'starting from scratch' if/when devs for SGS and variants want to cook unofficial ROMs based of if/when Nexux S get's an officially update.

I dont know why there is no microsd slot. Bluetooth is version 2.1 instead of version 3.0 for galaxy s. But curved screen looks great plus vanila 2.3 makes it good. This means it will be 1st in line to get future upgrades. Not a bad deal for $529.

Meh, no MicroSD slot?? Why are they trying to do an Apple here... :/ And confirmation of only D1 video. Given that all other Galaxy S based phones do 720p what gives??

Has anyone noted that this phone has an Anti-fingerprint display coating ? This is a huge plus for me keeping in my mind the smudge marks left on my Nexus One screen even with a minimal usage :) I wonder how many phones have this type of a screen.

My cousin works in Google so they gifted all the employs , this phone like almost 2 months ago.i check it out,nothing very eye catching about the looks ,but the apps are amazing.

madnav said:
my bad, was under impression that it was released officially after seeing n1 FM froyo roms over xda.

what im trying to say is that it will not be like 'starting from scratch' if/when devs for SGS and variants want to cook unofficial ROMs based of if/when Nexux S get's an officially update.
SGS is getting 2.3 officially.

Superfrag said:
The question is not whether it's getting 2.3 or not. The question is when.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2.
considering they just released 2.2.1 , 2.3 shall be expected by the end of Q1.

madnav said:
considering they just released 2.2.1 , 2.3 shall be expected by the end of Q1.
Shirley you jest?

It took them 7 months. I wouldn't hold my breath on Q1.. maybe midway through Q2 if we are lucky.

Back