Graphic Cards Got the XFX8800GT but something is wrong

hey guys got my XFX8800GT finally ..but theres something wrong with it.. its much much slower than my X1900XT how the hell is it possible...
i dont understand it...
ill attach the results of my 3dMark06 see it for ur self.. in X1900XT i used to get around 6000 but with this i m getting just 3000..
this is outta my head.. how is this happening:mad: :mad: :mad:
3dmarkresults.jpg

Did you uninstall all of ATI drivers?? Use driver cleaner to remove all the drivers
remove both ATI and Nvidia and then install fresh invidia 169.09 drivers should be ok :)

yeas.. ive a clean install of vista.. also the latest drivers of all.. as well as of DX9.. this thing is frustrating me.. has it ever happened with anyone else..

is there any logical explanation...???

Vista is not an issue here as many of us have this card and its not suppose to behave like this.

Following is the list of things to look for. I know some will sound stupid but do check.

1.whats the vista version u are using? (32 or 64bit? )

2. What drivers are you using? ( Get 169.09 if you havent already and make sure you use proper drivers, i.e 32bit version for 32bit vista and 64bit drivers for 64bit)

3. Have you installed Intel INF update utility?

4. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del and start task manager. Make sure some process is not using up the CPU too heavily.

5. Provide a screenshot of device manager. And task manager.

6. Download driver sweeper from guru3d. Uninstall Nvidia drivers, restart and go to safe mode. Run driver sweeper ( old version of driver cleaner does not work on vista very well ). Restart and install 169.09

Well , like i always say to people making a shift from Nvidia to ATi or vice versa ... reinstall XP .. its always recommended to do this while shifting gpu platforms :p ... happened to one of me pals when shifting from 6800GS to X1950XTX , and after quite a lot of attempts , he eventually had to reinstall XP :p ...

Bottom line .. try driver cleaner ... and use cab cleaner too .. in safe mode i.e. ... and if everything else fails , reinstall :p ..

1. using Vista 32 Bit

2.Using the latest "169.02_forceware_winvista_32bit_english_whql"

3.i do not think i installed that? what is that??

4.no process eating my cpu running in the background as i can see my cpu usage in the G15 LCD panel..

5.SMPS powersafe 600watts...

6. the temps as per riva tuner stay at 52 idle and 60-65 man while in 3d mark

max.

devicemanager.jpg

also ill try installing the drivers once again....

it could be an issue with it not changing clocks in 3dmode. y dont you check in riva tuner what are your 3dclocks when u run a 3d application in fullscreen mode. you can monitor it there.

also i doubt this would make any diff. but try loading bios defaults n check.

what ram are you using?

if all fails as people have suggested before. just do a reinstall of xp quickly & check. it is an issue with some drivers or os. card seems to be ok.

also if you can then try testing it on another system.

well as per rivatuner hardware monitoring..

Core Clock/ROP Domain MHz is at 601.71 all the time while playing and idle

Core Clock/Shader Domain is at 1512.00 the same as above

Meory Clock is at 900 Mhz all the time..

so is this normal.. or its abnormal>

also ill try this card on the XP system... as i tried playing Bioshock in the lowest settings and still got around 7-8 FPS.. weird.. is it vista i donno..

also my mem usage is only at 28% and while gaming it only reaches around 70-75% never reached 100% in any game till now i think

[edit]

this is the result after OCing the CPU to 2.88GHz and the Card to Funkys Evga 8800GT KO Edition's clocks

3dmarkOCd.jpg

this is so very dissapointing.. i dont even ahve an option to RMA this thing for a month now.. dammm.. i really wanna know whats wrong with this ting..

Nope thats not an issue.

8800GT have same 2d and 3D clocks so no problem there.

There is something wrong with the software setup of your system.

Though the no of processes are more, its vista. it has plenty of services running by default.

Have your downloaded the Intel inf update utility? you can easily find it on intel.com.

Uninstall your card drivers, reboot. Install the inf update utility first. Then after reboot install the driver again.

Bioshock is not suppose to do that bad even on vista with 8800GT. It easily runs at more than 40FPS at 1680x1050.

well here are the results on a Fresh Install of XP with all the latest drivers, nvidia drivers, intel inf update including...

it aint looking promising.. now i m completly sure that my card is defective.... but how can i prove that to the guy from whom i bought it.. i guess ill have to RMA it.. but wt should i do.. this is so sucky.. i never expected 8800GT to be so dissapointing.. is there anything else u guys can suggest...

3dmarkunderXP.jpg

ok now you can panic.........

This is really weird. Cards can be DOA or giving graphic glitches but its very rare for this like this to happen where performance is screwed so badly.

Powersafe should easily power that card. Tried changing the power supply connector to some other rail of the PSU though molex to PCI express converter given with the card?

If not just check this last thing. otherwise its rma time. Ask for instant replacement as its basically DOA...

NO AA / AF enabled in CP right?

Back