Got yourself a spanking new console and need some help? Head here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
God of war 3 needed an update too if I'm not mistaken, was on 3.5, but don't quote me on that.

On a side note : GoW 1 is a big ass game and was tougher (the timed traps) than most pc games that i've played.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk Pro.

Re: Got yourself a spanking new console and need some help? Head here!

God of war 1 and 2 collections disc thats the game i was referring to, shall i go ahead and update the same ??

Updated To 3.72 successfully :) , tried all the game discs working fine :)

That's weird. Those games were released even before 3.55 firmware was out. Infact, I had played God of War III when I first purchased my console back in March 2010 and it definitely didn't need any firmware update.

I bought these

Flipkart.com: Sony MDR-XD200: Headphone

Now i have a query, as these are 70ohms input impedence headphones, will my dell 22stl be able to drive them?

Or getting a RCA to 3.5mm splitter and then connecting it directly to ps3 will be a better option.

@Ethan_Hunt

I did not try God of War III on 3.60 , what i tried was the remastered God of War I AND II in HD which i think was released later on .Besides that game other games which did not work included resistance 3 and resistance 2 said you will need to update firmware before the next time you run the game.

@funjabi

You can try first and decide for yourselves , the headphone out of the samsung series 5 LCD TV is driving my AD700 pretty good . Played uncharted 2 with headphones on and sound effect was pretty amazing but i had to crank up the volume levels to 35 rather than usual 15-18 for the speakers on TV.

sukant said:
@Ethan_Hunt

I did not try God of War III on 3.60 , what i tried was the remastered God of War I AND II in HD which i think was released later on .Besides that game other games which did not work included resistance 3 and resistance 2 said you will need to update firmware before the next time you run the game.

Resistance 2 asked for an update? Which ancient firmware were you on mate? :p

But ad700 are 32ohms while xd200 are 70. Plus my monitor doesnot have any volume control.

So ive cancelled my order and waiting for someone more expert in this particular field to enlighten me about which headphones to use.

@Ethan_hunt I was on 3.60 firmware ^_^ , yeah even i was surprised when resistance 2 asked me for the update :p.

XBOX 360 bought in USA

Hi, I just bought an XBOX 360 from USA to INDIA.
Can anyone please help me what measures I need to take to run it safely?
I know that the games bought in INDIA cannot be played. Is it possible to download games from XBOX Live?
And, I have an 32inch samsung LED TV which supports HDMI. SO will I have any display related problems?

It would be of a great help if anyone who is using the USA consoles would reply to this post!

Re: XBOX 360 bought in USA

A 220V to 110V step down transformer of a reliable make and power rating. ~500W should be a decent start.

Thank you!

Can you also comment on this:

And, I have an 32inch samsung LED TV which supports HDMI. SO will I have any display related problems because of NTSC\PAL variations?

As long as you do hdmi,you wont be having any issues.

Just get step down convertor as gannu said.

You are set.

shravansantosh said:
Thank you!

Can you also comment on this:

And, I have an 32inch samsung LED TV which supports HDMI. SO will I have any display related problems because of NTSC\PAL variations?

Newer TV's have all the signals, so no, you will not face any problems.

Aman27deep said:
Newer TV's have all the signals, so no, you will not face any problems.

HDMI = digital input.

NTSC & PAL = analog signals.

So it doesn't matter as far as the input signal is concerned. What matters however is the region-locked playback of the content. India for instance, has PAL and US has NTSC so only those discs will work with the console.

Regarding my earlier query, Got my Sony XD-200 headphones today and they work wonderfully well by connecting to the dell monitor alone(no volume control though) Thanx a lot to those who helped :)

Each slash in GOW3 is heard exceptionally well!

Bought a New PSP3 (Move starter pack) couple of days back here in Bangalore.

Luckily got the 3.50 Firmware. But no intention of JBing as of now..my question is if i now Connect to Internet and access PSN will it may affect future JB ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Any way i tried to connect PSN it asked me to update Firmware first...so i just logged off :)

Congrats on getting ur BEAST!

Very lucky to get a move starter pack with 3.5 these days, 160gb ones still have them, LUCKY GUY ;)

For jb'in, visit the Techenclave Jailbreak thread, they have made it easy as 1-2-3 ;)

Finally finished my first game on PS3 :) , Uncharted 2 is done , Is uncharted 1 also as good as uncharted 2 ??

U shud have played UC1 First Buddy!!

This Way-

1) U wud hav followed the chronological order (release order)

2) U wud have appreciated UC2 even more (both story and graphics wise)

Never Mind, u shud definately play UC1 now and maybe UC3 after dat! This series is Awesome!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back