GPU from Olx - Best shipping service within India

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BullettuPaandi
I have apologized (in whatsapp chat) for not describing the damages. Basically, I had forgotten about it as I hadn't caused the damage and the card had been working fine for about 2 years in my PC. The damages are visible, although hard to notice at first glance, in the pictures I had provided. So, I didn't mean to hide them.

I didn't use any sort of support for the GPU and had sent the buyer the image of how I've been using, benchmark result & a screen capture of a game play.

The buyer did report some issues he faced to me. I tried my best tech support and I highly doubt that the GPU is at fault here.

I have apologized (in whatsapp chat) for not describing the damages. Basically, I had forgotten about it as I hadn't caused the damage and the card had been working fine for about 2 years in my PC. The damages are visible, although hard to notice at first glance, in the pictures I had provided. So, I didn't mean to hide them.

I didn't use any sort of support for the GPU and had sent the buyer the image of how I've been using, benchmark result & a screen capture of a game play.

The buyer did report some issues he faced to me. I tried my best tech support and I highly doubt that the GPU is at fault here.
Tested other GPUs , the GPU is the culprit and I am saying this after testing the situation thoroughly.

seller's card:
f5d7f359-4d52-4cac-bbfc-88cd50fab821.jpg

original card
dab8e6d6-e6bc-4514-8d9e-7e547b64df8c.jpg

I think it looks more like a bag of cocaine, which makes it so much more than a sweet deal, depending on how much of a libertarian you are.
That's it? No hard box? Only bubble wrap?
If that's the case it's totally seller's fault for not adequately packing it. The GPU is a heavy item and only bubble wrap is not gonna protect it during shipping.

If that's the case it's totally seller's fault for not adequately packing it. The GPU is a heavy item and only bubble wrap is not gonna protect it during shipping.
That's not it. I shared just that image as it was only for the joke. I'll attach some more pictures of the package here.

Attachments

• IMG_20230410_191632.jpg
    IMG_20230410_191632.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20230410_194249.jpg
    IMG_20230410_194249.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20230410_194257.jpg
    IMG_20230410_194257.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20230410_194352.jpg
    IMG_20230410_194352.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20230410_194920.jpg
    IMG_20230410_194920.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20230410_195319.jpg
    IMG_20230410_195319.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20230410_195428.jpg
    IMG_20230410_195428.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20230410_195516.jpg
    IMG_20230410_195516.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20230410_205636.jpg
    IMG_20230410_205636.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 104
The seller was using the card like this I wonder how he/she managed to screw it in the cabinet, maybe that is the reason it was working without support because it was forcefully screwed to the cabinet.

That's not it. I shared just that image as it was only for the joke. I'll attach some more pictures of the package here.
Packaging is good but more cardboard stuff over the gpu underneath and above would have been an added protection...
The seller was using the card like this I wonder how he/she managed to screw it in the cabinet, maybe that is the reason it was working without support because it was forcefully screwed to the cabinet.
Looks so but forceful fitting wont necessarily damage a card unless there's pressure on its slot/pins which can result in few bus lanes coming off.

but more cardboard stuff over the gpu underneath and above would have been an added protection...
Yeah, didn't think of this. I just felt confident with all the paper infills and bubble wrap, which must've been at least 10 layers. Besides, the damage we're talking was already there when I was using it. I remember advising the buyer to record his unboxing as well. There was no complaint there.

Packaging is good but more cardboard stuff over the gpu underneath and above would have been an added protection...

Looks so but forceful fitting wont necessarily damage a card unless there's pressure on its slot/pins which can result in few bus lanes coming off.
The card has fallen off on a hard surface from a height. The point is that the card was working without support because of the forceful screwing with the seller, but now it is not as the bracket is corrected.

I will not post for a while to avoid spam because I have posted many times .

Last edited:

I didn't have to forcefully screw it in. Where the screw insert is, that bend isn't more significant than the wiggle room you'd find there. Besides, there is a slight gap between the ports and the bent shroud, except maybe for the old dvi port. If somehow there was pressure upon the ports, there must be minor visible scratches where the shroud would've come into contact with the ports.

I'll attach those pictures of how I was using the GPU here.

Attachments

• IMG_20221104_114749~2.jpg
    IMG_20221104_114749~2.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20221104_114949.jpg
    IMG_20221104_114949.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 113
The card has fallen off on a hard surface from a height. The point is that the card was working without support because of the forceful screwing with the seller, but now it is not as the bracket is corrected.

I will not post for a while to avoid spam because I have posted many times .
Since you knew about the defect already, did you run the card as-is first to verify working condition without making any modifications from your end to "fix" it?

Since you knew about the defect already, did you run the card as-is first to verify working condition without making any modifications from your end to "fix" it?
It wouldn't fit any case without applying force so in order to avoid damage to any part I had to unscrew the bracket straighten it and then screw it back, all done very carefully.And that is how I also discovered the broken pcb and I came to a conclusion that the card has fallen and that is why the bracket is bent, pcb is broken,and also how the the fan but the seller only told about the broken fan nothing else.

I didn't knew about the defect untill the card arrived the seller didn't say anything about it.
The seller only said the fan is broken and that's it.

Card not working properly from day 1 same issue later I figured out I have to provide some support underneath.
But I seriously cannot rely on this card for work.

I thought it might be my pc but I tried several systems but same problem.
As I said maybe the bent bracket was providing that support somehow when it was working with the seller's pc without support. The bracket is bent more then a little so this is possible.

The seller is just resisting return saying it was working with his pc without support and nothing else.

Last edited:
It seems seller is a genuine guy who could have easily kept quite here on TE and people will blame OLX fraud, Though the only fault I see is not disclosing damage parts where as packing looks good to me so its the courier service going bad. Now the real question, who will take losses.

Seller? - He didn't disclose all issues related to the card but packed it well also the card was running fine in his system. If both parties agreed to pay for insurance then it wouldn't be a problem but I guess thats not the case.
In this case the courir is at fault and since we can't claim any insurance amount the seller should pay for repair cost if its possible else both parties should take equal losses but buyer should return the card in same condition as it is now.

It seems seller is a genuine guy who could have easily kept quite here on TE and people will blame OLX fraud, Though the only fault I see is not disclosing damage parts where as packing looks good to me so its the courier service going bad. Now the real question, who will take losses.

Seller? - He didn't disclose all issues related to the card but packed it well also the card was running fine in his system. If both parties agreed to pay for insurance then it wouldn't be a problem but I guess thats not the case.
In this case the courir is at fault and since we can't claim any insurance amount the seller should pay for repair cost if its possible else both parties should take equal losses but buyer should return the card in same condition as it is now.
Just for clarity:- This image was shared by the seller just yesterday.I didn't click it.And I am not saying it fell off during the shipment but before shipping and that is how the fan broke in the first place, that is my assesment broken pcb from the bent bracket side and the fan all pointing towards it fell off.Seller didn't describe any such defects.

I didn't have to forcefully screw it in.
I don't think you can screw it in easily with that much bent *the image was shared by the seller yesterday*.

Attachments

• IMG-20230514-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20230514-WA0001.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Just for clarity:- This image was shared by the seller just yesterday.I didn't click it.And I am not saying it fell off during the shipment but before shipping and that is how the fan broke in the first place, that is my assesment broken pcb from the bent bracket side and the fan all pointing towards it fell off.Seller didn't describe any such defects.

I don't think you can screw it in easily with that much bent *the image was shared by the seller yesterday*.
You have the card please share latest pics and mark the problem area (maybe 2 pics one with an edit and the original one). From the above pic it looks too bent but I know that gpu is not 100% horizontal.

Secondly Are you saying that during your first interaction the GPU was in better shape and got damaged before he shipped. This is actually possible because I can see that he packed it well and parts don't break that easily when they don't move inside a box

the broken pcb
I'm sorry, "broken" is so much stretch bro.
All I can say here is I was able to. I had already apologized and reasoned for not describing the damages. I couldn't use this specific image as I had earlier used it for a reddit post and had a different timestamp.

All damages are visible from pretty much all the images I've shared. You can find the thread here. You could see how "broken" it is on the top-left of 1st image & bottom-right of 3rd image.

Attachments

• IMG_20230301_112331.jpg
    IMG_20230301_112331.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I'm sorry, "broken" is so much stretch bro.

All I can say here is I was able to. I had already apologized and reasoned for not describing the damages. I couldn't use this specific image as I had earlier used it for a reddit post and had a different timestamp.

All damages are visible from pretty much all the images I've shared. You can find the thread here. You could see how "broken" it is on the top-left of 1st image & bottom-right of 3rd image.
Thanks for apologizing but you have to accept the return to apologise I don't know how long I can use it like that I have already packed it you can arrange pickup and the broken pcb is visible
after removing the bracket.
It was your responsibility to describe the condition of the card and make sure it working correctly.
I will not be able to sell it either like that or I will have to bend the bracket again which is unacceptable.

PCB is broken as in "actually cracked" ? And yet somehow it still works ? Maybe a small crack away from the circuits or any SMD components?
Broken a little behind bracket and I don't think it was during shipping as described above.But the point is that the card is not working properly that's it.

Some pictures are attached to show what I am talking about. Something like the 1st picture could be happening and from the other sides as well bcoz the bracket was badly bent and that is why the card was working with the seller

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-14-09-21-26-72_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-14-09-21-26-72_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20230514_121518.jpg
    IMG_20230514_121518.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG-20230514-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20230514-WA0001.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
and the broken pcb is visible after removing the bracket.
Could you send a clear image here, just to make sure we're talking about the same thing?

and make sure it working correctly
I did and it was.

I highly doubt that the GPU is at fault here.
I still stand by this and I know for a fact that it was working perfectly fine in my PC. So, I don't think I have to accept to take the card back.

Could you send a clear image here, just to make sure we're talking about the same thing?

I did and it was.

I still stand by this and I know for a fact that it was working perfectly fine in my PC. So, I don't think I have to accept to take the card back.
It should work fine after bending the bracket again in the same way to provide that additional support or position but that's what I will not be doing.And the second image is of the bracket after correction.
The GPU is indeed causing the problem as I have stated before I have reported the problem after thoroughly testing the card in different systems and testing other cards as well the GPU is indeed causing the problem unless some support is provided

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back