GPU from Olx - Best shipping service within India

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Pritambb Where is the pcb broken? No images yet, yet you saying its broken? WE need clear and probably crisp zoomed images to verify.

@BullettuPaandi How long the gpuw as plugged in your system? When did you replaced its fan?

Mmm
@Pritambb Where is the pcb broken? No images yet, yet you saying its broken? WE need clear and probably crisp zoomed images to verify.

@BullettuPaandi How long the gpuw as plugged in your system? When did you replaced its fan?
I was proving the point it indeed fell off on something hard (not during shipment), not saying that the broken pcb is the cause.
The card is indeed working correctly with support but not without it and as I already said I tried it on multiple systems.

Attachments

• IMG20230514123303.jpg
    IMG20230514123303.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 100
I bought it from olx sometime around Apr 2021. I've been using till Mar 2023. So, about 2 years.
It came with the separate fan from the previous owner.
Mmm

I was proving the point it indeed fell off on something hard (not during shipment), not saying that the broken pcb is the cause.
The card is indeed working correctly with support but not without it and as I already said I tried it on multiple systems.
Bro, don't tell me that the cut in the corner there is what you've been referring to as "broken pcb". That is the design!

original card
Here, refer this.

Last edited:
Bro, don't tell me that the cut in the corner there is what you've been referring to as "broken pcb". That is the design!
Correct! This doesn't look damaged and no bus lines run through it.

1684063325045.png

I bought it from olx sometime around Apr 2021. I've been using till Mar 2023. So, about 2 years.
It came with the separate fan from the previous owner.
So after buying from Olx you never unplugged it from the mobo from any purpose?
Mmm

Why you pressing on this "falling" thing? Why you feel so? Anything concrete to prove it?
The bents are justified by the seller for fixing in a tight space.
PCB damage actually isnt a damage and even if its was, unless any pcb bus lanes pass through it there's no question of malfunction.

Update :- bent the bracket is the same fashion and is working fine now. But this confirms there is indeed something wrong with the card. I don't know what to do know.

After all the conversation I don't think the seller wants to take any responsibility it is indeed a faulty GPU games crashing, artifacts ,display turning off.
The card is a waste of money for me.

Last edited:
After all the conversation I don't think the seller wants to take any responsibility it is indeed a faulty GPU games crashing, artifacts ,display turning off.
The card is a waste of money for me.
can you please post some video/pics of the same.
@pritam dude the way you are complaining and not giving any proof, makes you look shady asf.

Last edited:
Video:-
This problem happens after a while like few minutes if a dvi cable is inserted along with the Hdmi for a few seconds here and there on load.But if dvi is removed the problem becomes as in the video (immediate turn off and not turning on untill load removed) and much less when dvi is connected.
Problem doesn't happen on the dvi port and as always multiple monitors and cables tested.The problem is much more noticeable when dvi is connected.Even if dvi is connected the games crashes after a while device hung ..no error message etc.....
Update : decided to only use the card on dvi it is giving crashes after a few minutes tested two games ac unity and rise of the tomb raider .
update 2 : something like this is happening without support:
with support games tend to crash after a few minutes tomb raider with dxgi device hung and Assassin creed without any error, Both crash in a similar fashion freeze then crash.
update 3 logs:
{This is the system log in event viewer}
Log Name: System
Source: nvlddmkm
Date: 18-05-2023 18:53:49
Event ID: 0
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: WIN-4I354BVEPPI
Description:
The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
Error occurred on GPUID: 100

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="nvlddmkm" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2023-05-18T13:23:49.9099207Z" />
<EventRecordID>237162</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="132" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>WIN-4I354BVEPPI</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>\Device\Video3</Data>
<Data>Error occurred on GPUID: 100</Data>
<Binary>00000000020030000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

and

{this is the Application logs in event viewer for ac unity}

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 18-05-2023 18:53:51
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: WIN-4I354BVEPPI
Description:
Faulting application name: ACU.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x54db5826
Faulting module name: ACU.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x54db5826
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000028f596f
Faulting process id: 0x954
Faulting application start time: 0x01d9897f483a05f7
Faulting application path: F:\Games\Assassin's Creed - Unity\ACU.exe
Faulting module path: F:\Games\Assassin's Creed - Unity\ACU.exe
Report Id: a0b52825-81a4-4384-baa8-fed7fc085787
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2023-05-18T13:23:51.1393163Z" />
<EventRecordID>22396</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>WIN-4I354BVEPPI</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>ACU.exe</Data>
<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>54db5826</Data>
<Data>ACU.exe</Data>
<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>54db5826</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>00000000028f596f</Data>
<Data>954</Data>
<Data>01d9897f483a05f7</Data>
<Data>F:\Games\Assassin's Creed - Unity\ACU.exe</Data>
<Data>F:\Games\Assassin's Creed - Unity\ACU.exe</Data>
<Data>a0b52825-81a4-4384-baa8-fed7fc085787</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Last edited:
Update:
used ddu in safemode and reinstalled drivers
rolled back to the first driver from zotac website
increased tdr value
tried debug mode in nvidia control panel
still same crashes with the same error.
The card is working as shown in the video same errors tried many games it crashes
I request the seller to call the card as soon as possible it has already wasted a lot of time I missed clients because of this card.
Bad purchase.

Last edited:
@BullettuPaandi Seems the buyer has tried everything at his ends and nothings working!
If the card is working for you on your hardware best bet is to get it returned and refund the fella!

It happens that sometimes our hardware refuses to work on others no matter what. So safest bet is to use ourselves until it gives up rather than selling and have all the blame game and pita..

Last edited:
I request the seller to call the card as soon as possible
The issue with blender seems to be a bug. While I haven't used blender myself, I could find people using a 3080 reporting issues you've reported on the forums (Sources - 1, 2).

I know for a fact that it had no issues in my PC. I had sent you the benchmark result and a game play video of the GPU running GTA V + screen capture in full throttle to further prove it. There was a lot of confusion as well - you mentioned PC freezes; then it was some cuda error; then this
the card was working without support because of the forceful screwing with the seller, but now it is not as the bracket is corrected
then with the "broken" pcb; you also said it doesn't work after the bent bracket was straightened, you couldn't get your PC to boot without any support for the sag. I asked you to check your motherboard, you didn't reply to this. Now, how do I know that you motherboard's PCIe slot isn't damaged? How do I know the technician from the shop you gave the GPU to straighten the bracket didn't cause any issues? Because, before this you said it crashes on high load and will test after buying a new PSU, and after this you're claiming bad vram. How did he straighten the bracket and are there any visible damages to the card after this?

If you still believe the GPU is faulty, you'll have to prove it. If you would, let's begin with the detailed specs of your PC. Pretty much anything wrong with the hardware can be tested with software. I see you've shared some video titled "bad vram". If you suspect this is the case, you can test this with OCCT, memtest etc.

The issue with blender seems to be a bug. While I haven't used blender myself, I could find people using a 3080 reporting issues you've reported on the forums (Sources - 1, 2).

I know for a fact that it had no issues in my PC. I had sent you the benchmark result and a game play video of the GPU running GTA V + screen capture in full throttle to further prove it. There was a lot of confusion as well - you mentioned PC freezes; then it was some cuda error; then this

then with the "broken" pcb; you also said it doesn't work after the bent bracket was straightened, you couldn't get your PC to boot without any support for the sag. I asked you to check your motherboard, you didn't reply to this. Now, how do I know that you motherboard's PCIe slot isn't damaged? How do I know the technician from the shop you gave the GPU to straighten the bracket didn't cause any issues? Because, before this you said it crashes on high load and will test after buying a new PSU, and after this you're claiming bad vram. How did he straighten the bracket and are there any visible damages to the card after this?

If you still believe the GPU is faulty, you'll have to prove it. If you would, let's begin with the detailed specs of your PC. Pretty much anything wrong with the hardware can be tested with software. I see you've shared some video titled "bad vram". If you suspect this is the case, you can test this with OCCT, memtest etc.
I don't know how to prove it to you the card is faulty as I already told tested on multiple systems so it is not just my system.

And about the bracket I was there when he was doing it looking closely so no chance there.

About the vram video I meant the glitches.All that aside it is working with support but crashing after a few minutes in games tdr error logs already shared.

I have tried every way possible to make card work assuming the card is working correctly but no it isn't.

Reinstalling windows and will try again if that helps otherwise I don't have any patience left to test the card further.

I request you to take the card back .

I will much prefer a lower end card with same price then this one.

Update; reinstalled windows same error :(
Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. constantly in every game in event viewer,
no success same error .please take the card back :=(
other gpus working fine on the pc only this card is having problems. I can confirm it is the card's fault.

Last edited:
Can't sell , can't uise
If it works for you take it back.
I will not post after this
the card is faulty take it back that is what I will request.
I am sure this is a dying card.
Atleast testing warrenty should be given I am very disappointed about the reaction of the seller.

this thing seriously has some internal fault, it is heating like crazy in a air conditioned room I can even smell it I don't think this thing will last longer even if I use it as it is.
Temps are fine in afterburner but physically it burning like h*ll.

Completely unusable card.

Last edited:
Having artifacts in re4 remake blue and red all over the screen problem like this was present in the ps5 version but not pc version and still crashes after a while.
Unreal engine 5 just crashed same error ALL THIS IN DEBUG MODE WHICH IS CRAZY
UPDATE ADDED MORE FANS TO FIX THE PROBLEM STILL SAME CRASHES WITH SAME ERROR

looks like nobody cares mods can close this thread
I confirm this is a faulty card not suitable for doing anything other than watching YouTube and stuff.
No games no applications all give a tdr error no matter what you do
and doesn't work in any pc unless in a certain position.
Total waste of money.
thank you

Last edited:
dd.PNG

same error

Capture.PNG

Re4 remake lowest settings+debug mode still crash and artifacts too so no particular software is crashing I say again the card is faulty the seller isn't even giving some testing warrenty.

Maybe I found the reason it was working well for the seller the seller told it reaches 94 C° on loads . In my testing Without air conditioner seems to be reaching 80C on less than 60% load usually it seems to reach 80 when it is at boost clock of the amp edition!(in air conditioned room) Now it is not crashing. games like tekken 7 and loz botw doesn't crash that often like re4 now re4 is not crashing that much (hasn't yet, playing now I'll report if it still does but seems to be fine for now) but artifacts are still there so must be the card now the seller can get it back now.The card is not crashing that much only if it is throttling.not crashing throttling heavily
loz botw just crashed two times same error.

Last edited:
[deleted]

CRASHED!
I don't have a thermometer lying around the card is literally burning if this is the case for this thing I wonder how a higher wattage card than this would work that should literally be enough to start a fire I guess
At this point I will request anyone above disciple rank to test the card themselves.
Anyone from Rajasthan?
Karlson from Dani crashed many times same error.
ZOTAC-GeForce-GTX-980-Ti_AMP-Extreme-Back-740x413.jpg

The left part in the picture is getting superhot even when the card is not being fully utilized around 40-50-60% you can literally smell it from far.

Crashes and artifacts still no solution

At this point I will request anyone above disciple rank to test the card themselves.
Sorry for noticing this late. But I'd like to add to this request. It'd be great if any reputable member of TE could lend some help here being an intermediary. I'm willing to bet that you won't find the GPU to be faulty.

But if you do, be it bad vRAM, temp issues, throttling - just anything you wouldn't expect this GPU to do, unlike this
, I will take the card back with full refund including to and fro shipping. Kindly understand that I can't just take anyone's word on this and share all your results here and evidence/reasoning for faults/damages, if any.

Although, @Pritambb , I do feel like you could sort these
out first by yourself, before proceeding with asking help from others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back