Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

Has there been any significant change in price of AMD GPUs?
Using a 3070 with Linux VMs is a headache, thinking of swapping it out.

BTC going below 30 got me excited, but its back above that threshold.
Why headache? NVIDIA has enabled VM passthrough now. Are you on latest drivers? There is no need to hide the VM anymore.

AMD has the soft restart issue even on RDNA2 - when the VM is restarted or shut down, the GPU hangs.

I tried multiple flavors of Ubuntu, but there is screen tearing issues with latest Nvidia drivers even on simple things like YouTube.
Nvidia GPU passthrough works for Windows guests on Linux hosts, not the other way round, requires more than 1 GPU.
Heard AMD made good strides with kernel driver integration, researching if things are better on the other team.

Yeah read the EU news, they might ban Crypto as it is volatile. Bitcoin is trading with another plunge.
Where is the EU news? Mind sharing the source and link?
Edit: Found this dear - https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-57901113

"EU plans to make Bitcoin transfers more traceable".- how does this conclude they might ban it? They are actually streamlining it and going to make rule in the next 2 years to make it traceable :p

Last edited:
Yeah read the EU news, they might ban Crypto as it is volatile. Bitcoin is trading with another plunge.
My worry is EU, China and others will see price reductions while Indian sellers will keep up the inflated prices. They're greedy and always put short term gains over long term customer relationships. Then they cry when some big player comes and "steals" their business by providing better rates and quality service.

My worry is EU, China and others will see price reductions while Indian sellers will keep up the inflated prices. They're greedy and always put short term gains over long term customer relationships. Then they cry when some big player comes and "steals" their business by providing better rates and quality service.
that why i said @chetansha ,lets bring in EVGA to india ,and many other good brands to india and setup a fair business :p

There is nothing caller Long term relationship. Buyer will go who ever gives cheaper, seller will always try to ask for more cos he has to run his shop.

My worry is unless India opens its gates to AE/Banggood there's nothing we can do much..
A petition to govt. from all Technologists/gamers might make sense though expectations from our looteri govt. are anyways low!
Surprisingly if they take care to take cognizance of this issue sellers will have no options..

A petition to govt. from all Technologists/gamers might make sense though expectations from our looteri govt. are anyways low!
Man, sometimes I envy how positive and optimistic you guys are :)
IMO, nothing is going to happen. The government is applying 18% GST on cancer patients, they won't care about a few gamers and enthusiasts.
We'll have to wait for the market forces to play out.

Just came here to say "To hell with GPU scalpers". Its only a matter of time now, I see day by day sellers are posting about GPUs at much much reduced price as before.

So at one end this guy is selling his 1650 for 20k and then there are these scalpers. for 42k..

1626895881057.png

Marginal diff in performance yet 125% price hike!

I tried multiple flavors of Ubuntu, but there is screen tearing issues with latest Nvidia drivers even on simple things like YouTube.
Nvidia GPU passthrough works for Windows guests on Linux hosts, not the other way round, requires more than 1 GPU.
Heard AMD made good strides with kernel driver integration, researching if things are better on the other team.
What is your hypervisor? Linux VMs on Windows - why don't use some emulation drivers with VMware? Unless you absolutely must passthru for some particular app, it isn't required.

What is your hypervisor? Linux VMs on Windows - why don't use some emulation drivers with VMware? Unless you absolutely must passthru for some particular app, it isn't required.
I am using VMware Player currently, if things go well will buy the workstation license.
Could you please point me to some documentation on emulation drivers? All I can find in their documentation is enabling hardware graphics acceleration.

I am using VMware Player currently, if things go well will buy the workstation license.
Could you please point me to some documentation on emulation drivers? All I can find in their documentation is enabling hardware graphics acceleration.
GPU pass through is supported only for Esxi.
Checked on TPS Tech and colourful 3070 non LHR is being sold for 109000.

If you are using a reasonably new version of Ubuntu (say 18.04) or any other debian/mint etc strains, VMware emulation drivers are inbuilt into the Linux kernel.

Back