Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

I agree 100%. Mining GPU if done properly with well tuned card is much much better than a GPU used for gaming.
You see when you're mining you underclock and power limit your card. Ideally, 3060ti/70 run less then 125W when mining 24x7 and @ under 60C even when fans are at 60% or less.
Constant load keeps the components on the PCB happy and safe from load spikes so they eventually last longer. Gaming mostly draws full power and the card hovers around 90-100% of the TDP. There are load spikes as well due to loading screens, these spikes reduce the component life.

Also most miners clean GPUs every 3-4 weeks as well while gamers on the other hand do not care at all and wait for the warranty to run out. I'd happily buy a mined on GPU given that the seller discloses the fact that they mined on it and kept the card well maintained. On the other hand a person who says "Never mined, only used for gaming" is a bit skeptical during such times because you have no proof if they're telling the truth.
Never thought I would read it on TE, but he's not wrong.

I agree 100%. Mining GPU if done properly with well tuned card is much much better than a GPU used for gaming.
You see when you're mining you underclock and power limit your card. Ideally, 3060ti/70 run less then 125W when mining 24x7 and @ under 60C even when fans are at 60% or less.
Constant load keeps the components on the PCB happy and safe from load spikes so they eventually last longer. Gaming mostly draws full power and the card hovers around 90-100% of the TDP. There are load spikes as well due to loading screens, these spikes reduce the component life.

Also most miners clean GPUs every 3-4 weeks as well while gamers on the other hand do not care at all and wait for the warranty to run out. I'd happily buy a mined on GPU given that the seller discloses the fact that they mined on it and kept the card well maintained. On the other hand a person who says "Never mined, only used for gaming" is a bit skeptical during such times because you have no proof if they're telling the truth.
If it is undervolted or underclocked that is good thing but at same time vram is overclocked and that runs 24*7. So remember at stock settings no gpu is profitable for any miner.....it is oced at either vram or core side......so whenever buying from a miner, if you can do a vram test apart from stress testing also.....also no miner do a cleaning every 3-4 weeks....maybe once 3-4 months....as it is not good moving one's rig for cleaning.
below 80k for any or those. and above 60k.
New 3060ti have seen on whatsapp groups being sold for 68k onwards....brand new with bill on buyers name and 3070 for 75k+ or more.....used ones saw for low of 60k not below so far..

If it is undervolted or underclocked that is good thing but at same time vram is overclocked and that runs 24*7. So remember at stock settings no gpu is profitable for any miner.....it is oced at either vram or core side......so whenever buying from a miner, if you can do a vram test apart from stress testing also.....also no miner do a cleaning every 3-4 weeks....maybe once 3-4 months....as it is not good moving one's rig for cleaning.
OCing memory is not a big deal. Most modern GPUs from Turing to Ampere can very easily do +800Mhz on memory without breaking a sweat (GDDR6). As for GDDR6X that's a different story. If there's even a slight chance of bad OC the shares will be invalid or the DAG file generated itself will be invalid and miner will know. So that's not a big issue.

In any case miner or a gamer I suggest everyone to OC slightly and check the card if buying used. +50 on core and +100~150Mhz on memory and run stress test. If something fails here then the life of the card is short.

There's absolutely no need to move anything to clean your GPUs if you do it regularly. As I said if you clean every 3-4 months then of course you'd have dust and debris caked up inside the GPU but even once a month if you blow it out or clean with a brush you don't need to deep clean it every 3-4 months.

Guys, any idea of prices for new RTX 3070 & 3060Ti? Old gaming laptop is dying, so can't wait for as long as I hoped for. Avoiding 2nd hand because of miners. My usage is gaming.
Better buy a decent gaming laptop than just a GPU. If you have a desktop for gaming then 1650 around Rs.25k is the best bet in the affordable category. In any case, a laptop GPU with 3050 will be pretty much equivalent to the desktop 1650 or 1660 performance.

Just came back from SP road after giving in my gpu for replacement. Decided to hit up ankit infotech before heading home.
Randomly asked the price of an MSI Rtx 3060 (not too sure which model since I'm quite honestly out of touch), quoted around 52000, around 48000 apparently for some other brand (colorful or gigabyte? Something along those brands)
Rtx 3050 was also going for around 38000.
Said he could give me a better price but I was just mainly window shopping.
Are these prices somewhat decent compared to online?

Those 3060 prices are 3k to 5k less than online, they were 60k+ to 65k+ just three months ago in November.

The 3050 price is slightly inflated (about 3k) compared to online, probably because it's newer.

Just came back from SP road after giving in my gpu for replacement. Decided to hit up ankit infotech before heading home.
Randomly asked the price of an MSI Rtx 3060 (not too sure which model since I'm quite honestly out of touch), quoted around 52000, around 48000 apparently for some other brand (colorful or gigabyte? Something along those brands)
RTX3050 is going for around 35k max in facebook and whatsapp groups.

I personally believe the its price is destined to fall, I think it's price will come down to 30k'ish or even lower

Current price to performance is way too bad for this card and it's bad at mining.

Last edited:
Those 3060 prices are 3k to 5k less than online, they were 60k+ to 65k+ just three months ago in November.

The 3050 price is slightly inflated (about 3k) compared to online, probably because it's newer.
These 3060 prices should come down to 35k to 38k prices which were in 2019 last.
Since 2020 prices shot up due to crypto mining craze.
So waiting here since 2020 for GPU prices to come down even AMD GPU prices went up.

Or if Intel Xe Alchemist GPU might give us Gamers a chance is I am waiting for.

I think this crypto mining craze will be like this for this year and will come down in Q1 2023.

So either Intel Xe Alchemist GPUs or rptechindia.com que might give me a chance at those Nvidia GPUs I am thinking.

So in its entirety I am still waiting...

Quite good prices for now. But were these with gst?

I honestly wish I could remember but I was just walking around SP road mindlessly :p , when I go back to pick up my gpu, I'll ask around again (probably sometime next month)
Do get some quotes with gst....I'm looking to buy a gpu. Would be good for others also to know.
3060/3060ti/3070 or whatever others....more the details better it is.

Quite good prices for now. But were these with gst?
SP Road sellers mostly quote without GST, but 50-55k with GST is current price for 3060. I was getting Colorful RTX 3070 for as low as 62k + tax, almost 73k (Super Computers & IT Gain), but anything other than Colorful was around 68k + tax, about 80k, models like Zotac AMP, Inno3D ichill x4 or Galax 2 fan. Ankit Info Anand IT had Gigabyte Gaming OC 3 fan for 83k with tax.

Last edited:
Just wanted to ask here, I suddenly needed another gpu for my sister's pc. The zotac passive cooling gt 210 on that has been overheating again and again recently and reapply thermal paste this time isn't helping anymore(plus it's in a small lenovo desktop).
So I went on olx and searched for a gt 710, found one from gigabyte with a single fan model for around 2.5k (could bargain down to 2k hopefully). Is it a decent price?

Back