Gran Turismo 5 - Discussion Thread

xXx

Skilled
May 22, 2006
Re: The GRAN TURISMO 5 Thread !!!

^I dont think so its similar to Forza (though I haven't played thoroughly) but I felt the driving pleasure u get in GT is way better than Forza.

Zloyd

Adept
Dec 10, 2008

GT has a fan following going way way back, few years back on a friends ps2 I played a earlier GT it was quite awesome, now there are games like forza which provide a challenging and simulator type race car handling but back then GT ruled the roost.

Suprised more people here with PS3's havent jumped on it should be a very good game.

xXx

Skilled
May 22, 2006

^Not Many Racing Sim fans on TE here.

GT5 is absolute pleasure to drive and requires undivided attention to that single game, for me, I couldn't juggle between AC2 and GT5, so had to give GT5 a break n after completion of AC2, will be continuing on GT5.

I am level 5 of GT5 Mode....hopefully will get more time to reach the top level :D

prabs

Skilled
Jul 24, 2006
yes :p

imo forza 4 is better :ashamed:

GT5 - Track Creator - I am trying to re-create Sector 2 and Sector 3 (specifically corners 4 - 10) of Austria A1 Ring Circuit but the track creator has a mind of his own. Any idea about how to go about it? Also need help with elevation from turn 8 & 9.
Forza Horizon - The game looks good. Sad I don't have a 360. The new Viper 2013 GTS :drool:

Hope PD adds the new Viper and it is not insanely priced like the Miura. Will read up on the B'day trick later.

hgps

Disciple
Oct 1, 2011
GT5 - Track Creator - I am trying to re-create Sector 2 and Sector 3 (specifically corners 4 - 10) of Austria A1 Ring Circuit but the track creator has a mind of his own. Any idea about how to go about it? Also need help with elevation from turn 8 & 9.
Forza Horizon - The game looks good. Sad I don't have a 360. The new Viper 2013 GTS :drool:

Hope PD adds the new Viper and it is not insanely priced like the Miura. Will read up on the B'day trick later.

No idea bro :-( i have never created any track

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

hgps

Disciple
Oct 1, 2011
Can i update to spec 2.0? On a 3.55 cfw? I have the og disc with me

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

prabs

Skilled
Jul 24, 2006
^^ AFAIK the track creator is worthless,dnt bother urself with it.

Agreed to some extent but landed making an odd ball circuit with a long sweeping corner straightening up only to lead into a double apex.

Will tinker around with a bit more during the weekend as I just don't get the right type of 'S' corners. The corners that are generated on increasing the difficulty are very tight corners also not the right length.

For example there 2 'S' turns leading to Start-Finish straight in Spa. The first 'S' turn is pretty tight but the second one just needs quick flicks also if you angle it right you can straight-line them. I need the latter.

prabs

Skilled
Jul 24, 2006
Last week when I booted the game the game was taking a lot of time to load. Even when it reached the menu buttons were not clickable. Found out later that PD introduced checks for hacks which resulted in this. Only way to play was by signing out of PSN.

Yesterday everything seemed normal till I tried an online race. There was so much lag and the game implemented penalties so haphazardly that the game was virtually unplayable. There were times when hit detection would work and at times it wouldn't. A car rearends me and I went and hit the car in front, I get a 5 second penalty the culprit goes scottfree. In another incident in the same race while taking a right hanred turn a car suddenly appears on the left, I panic cut the corner and handed another penalty.
Anyone else facing such problems?

prabs

Skilled
Jul 24, 2006
^ I don't see why not considering there are still a lot of people playing it online.

It will also help me verify if the lag was caused by my Isp or not.

P.S. "I was planning for many days whether to play it or not." - I admit the game feels so dry at times that I really need a lot of motivation to just open the case. Wish it gave points for custom races.

quan chi

Skilled
Dec 25, 2009
^^Hmm but now they are selling something like GT5 academy edition which costs a bit more. As for your problem yes i think that may be due to your ISP.

prabs

Skilled
Jul 24, 2006
^^Hmm but now they are selling something like GT5 academy edition which costs a bit more. As for your problem yes i think that may be due to your ISP.
I am using GT 5 Academy Edition.

I doubt it is the ISP. I tried Resistance 3 a few minutes back and it was running smoothly. I remember when I was hit with the FUP penalty reducing my speed to 512 kbps (a few months back) I was able to play GT 5 online race smoothly but Resistance 3 would not even connect and caused the PS3 to restart.

@quan chi - Can you give it a go and let me know if it is running smoothly?

Last edited by a moderator: