Graphic Cards Graphic card buying advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow thats great.. so this is the best offering in my budget.!! isnt it.?? and till when should i hold my purchase, to avail the price cuts :D

and How bout this SMPS ---> Vip 400R 400 Watts smps, it has 24 pin power, 2 sata and 2 ide, a floppy and a 4 pin cpu connector. Amps on 12v rail is 20

IS IT A GOOD SMPS AS PER MY WANTS..?? and WILL IT SUPPORT MY CONFIG...??? my motherboard is a ASUS M2NPV-VM.. and i have 2 ide hdd's and 1 ide dvd writer..!!

New nvidia mainstream cards are coming...launch date..unknown..
so cant say ..on how long you should hold your purchase..

Get a FSP SAGA 400w ~ 2k
much better than a Vip 400w..

kaunkaun said:
ok but i getting the vip 400r for just 500 bux + shipping with the bill and warranty.. so isnt it a good deal.??

and why are you recommending the Fsp saga 400w, like i js want to know the pros over the vip 400r

this is one of the reviews that i found while i googled for it..

vip 400r Techtree.com India > Reviews > Basics > Power Supply > PowerSafe 400 Watts SMPS
Dont you think that there is a difference b/w a product priced at 500 and 2000? Google FSP Saga 400W too, there is a big difference in quality so sont try to save some 1.5k now and repent later when you see that components worth a lot more are no more in working condition.

P.S Techtree ain't a very good source for PC hardware guides

Well, in simple words...
the VIP psu is made of cheap components..giving you less efficiency..
Although rated at 400w...it may only give half of the power..and that power may be unstable too..

Invest properly in your PSU..
its one of the most important component of a rig..

kaunkaun said:
ok but i getting the vip 400r for just 500 bux + shipping with the bill and warranty.. so isnt it a good deal.??
and why are you recommending the Fsp saga 400w, like i js want to know the pros over the vip 400r

this is one of the reviews that i found while i googled for it..
vip 400r Techtree.com India > Reviews > Basics > Power Supply > PowerSafe 400 Watts SMPS
Nopes. VIP is old psu wont even have sata connectors iirc. And most of its amperes were dedicated on +5v rail. So a No-No from my side. Get a better psu if you are going to use a gpu suggested.

my frnd went 2 lamington and inquired abt a psu... i told him to find the rates of fsp saga 400w.. he asked the shop guy 2 hav a word with me over the fone.. and the shop guy was like fsp saga is a nalla psu. he told me sum psu's that costed 500 bux and he was like it has 3yrs warranty.. i guess there some miss communication, or that shop guy is unaware or illiterate.. :p

il b goin 2 laminghton soon to check the prices..!!

guys if i dont get fsp saga 400w, can i go for this.?? Gigabyte 460W Superb Power Supply..!!

guys..I am planning to get a gtx 260 (216 core)...resolution - 1920 x 1080 & i Just need 2 or 4 AA max in games...is it a good choice? (I don't need dx11...so no ati ...plz)

Get a GTX 460 or HD5850, its not question of whether you want DX11 compatibility, these are just better priced and offer better performance, at lower power consumption and temperatures

You may consider HD5770 If you dont want to play Crisis at High settings

BTW At what price are you getting GTX260? What PSU do you have?

EDIT: Yeah that card will handle 1920x1080, btw what PSU do you have? You may also consider getting a used 4890/4870

yea I have hx 620 ...I had one 5850 before....I sold it to TE member..my friend will give that gtx 260 for 5.5k...I am not looking for ati...now I have a 8800gt..,,superb one..

but I think 5.5k is a nice price for gtx 260..so gtx 260 is ok for 1920 x 1080..right?

neojjjk said:
yea I have hx 620 ...I had one 5850 before....I sold it to TE member..my friend will give that gtx 260 for 5.5k...I am not looking for ati...now I have a 8800gt..,,superb one..

but I think 5.5k is a nice price for gtx 260..so gtx 260 is ok for 1920 x 1080..right?
Yeah go ahead..

It has a somewhat similar performance as HD5770 (or a tad faster), so only Crisis at very High settings will be a problem

The GTX260 at that price is the best deal you can get.

Go for it.

It should handle 1920x1080 easily just go easy on AF and AA... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back