Graphic Cards Graphic card buying advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^where means?? What exactly do you want to know about 560ti :) ??

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I think you mean in benchmarks
591484ecca1975e5db.jpg

I bought a GTX 560(non-Ti) PoV(yes i understand it is hardly a good brand but since i bought it, cant do anything now). Problem is my card has 2 PCIe(6-pin) ports but my PSU (corsair vx450) only has one PCIe connector. I think i should use molex to PCIe converter but I may not be able to find one in my little town. Please suggest anyplace online where i can buy one or any other options for my problem.

smltngs said:
I bought a GTX 560(non-Ti) PoV(yes i understand it is hardly a good brand but since i bought it, cant do anything now). Problem is my card has 2 PCIe(6-pin) ports but my PSU (corsair vx450) only has one PCIe connector. I think i should use molex to PCIe converter but I may not be able to find one in my little town. Please suggest anyplace online where i can buy one or any other options for my problem.

That's why people go for sapphire cards they give all the connectors with their products. and they are good in performance wise also.:)
well i don't want to recommend this site but still they have lots of connectors in their site theitdepot.com.

Thanks for the reply. I did not get the connector with the gpu. Guess this is a sign not to buy relatively unknown brands. Searched for this in my town but could not find one.

Anyway my friend is shipping me one from a nearby city. Problem solved.

I need to upgrade my GPU -MSI - 4870 1GB.
Any Suggestions?
My Budget is Max 8k.

Mobo - Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT
CPU - Phenom II X4 Black Edition B55 (unlocked)
Ram - 4GB DDR3

Thanks

Stretch your budget and get at least an HD 6850 for around 9K to see a significant performance difference. BTW, I really think that your card can tide you over till the next generation of cards appear. They aren't too far off.

Pixel said:
I need to upgrade my GPU -MSI - 4870 1GB.
Any Suggestions?
My Budget is Max 8k.

Mobo - Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT
CPU - Phenom II X4 Black Edition B55 (unlocked)
Ram - 4GB DDR3

Thanks

Dude after using 4870 i don't think any card lower than 6950 will satisfy you. it is better you keep using that 4870 or get a 6950.:)

Yes it will work fine... Absolutely no problem is running cards upto 6850/gtx460 on this PSU. Even 6870 can run on it.
neojjjk said:
I have a xfx 450W core edition psu .can it handle a gtx 550 Ti /a gts 450 ?

need advice for dual monitor setup.. 5850 or 460 or any other below 6k. will game definitely:) but at 1280x1080. psu is s12ii 620 with q6600.

or should i crossfire existing 4850?

can go in for second hand

^^ Depends on the scaling and the motherboard, also if you are CrossFire-ing your set-up you'll need to over-clock your processor mildly to really get all the performance out of the set-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back