Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

Holy shit lol.

PC gaming just makes no sense at the moment. You might as well get a used PS4/Xbox with 8-10 games at half that price and bide your time for a year or so.

This is exactly what I did, I was looking for a good PC build, wasted couple of days figuring out the build for my budget and combining a good GPU for the build..
As soon as I started searching for a GPU, I was shocked so to see no ecommerce site offered any cards on sale (above GTX 1050ti), one of the local dealer in Bengaluru quoted 20K for 1050ti, I was like WTF.
I was under impression that this was due to lockdown and supply issues, it is only then I got to know about Crypto Mining which is a reason behind short supply of GPU and unbelievably high demand.

The very next day checked out few sales on Olx for an Xbox one X, closed the deal same day, also subscribed to Xbox Gamepass Ultimate (which offers great library of free games), bought could of used games for a decent price
now enjoying 4k gaming at 60fps, total budget spent 28k (Including a used console which is in excellent condition and games).. F***K PC gaming :p

1660 Super cards are now being sold for 50K as price magically increased from 40K. I have no idea what the hell is happening in the GPU market.

Edit: now

Last edited:
I don't know, the price you bought it for +/- some % which is up to you, or as high as 80k+

Last edited:
One of the problems is the forum doesn't have a rule which forbids it or does it? While some desperate buyers are trying to take advantage of the "you can't sell this or that above mrp here on this forum" excuse and troll sellers. It's been said time and again that price policing is not allowed. I will refrain from pointing out as it may be considered a "personal attack." I mean when it comes to gpu's everyone knows how the market is right now yet many are totally ignorant just because they want to get something at a low price and price-bully the sellers to sell to them at their price budget. Also when the IC thread for getting deals on used components was active many PM'd me with their very, honestly, ridiculous pricing. Some even thought I was selling them despite the fact that I clearly mentioned that I wasn't the seller and I'm only trying to connect them to sellers which have the components which they are looking for. Some even wanted me to bargain on their behalf just because they have low budget... speechless...

I think that we should just be glad that we still have people selling their gpu's here. Else some of the members would still be without the components they need.
And keeping the current gpu market situation in mind we should relax the rules a bit for them. And I'm not saying this because I already have one. I still need one gpu for my secondary PC. I'm saying price trolling is counter-productive, in my opinion anyway.
While I'm at it I want to commend @sanjeevram. Big props to him for selling his 1060 6GB for a much lower than market price (I was shocked). If he wanted more money he could've sold it for much more elsewhere.
Anyway I'm saying all these now because such instances will continue till the situation improves.
Have learned a lot over TE in the past decade, not the right time to convert this into a auction house, had given my commitment to the buyer. Hence stuck to the price, I personally find it a decent deal. Was my first graphics card.

No Guys, If I were to sell it, will sell it for cheaper price but not not. Aur agar abhi bechna hota to I would not have sold it at a higher price. Laughable but true, still have some sanity left in me. Maybe in a year from now, once the RTX 3090 is available I might sell this one.

Interesting. I've been away for a while and all this is pretty new to me as I haven't been following the tech/pc news. I actually have 3 GPUs with me lying unused. Now before anyone reaches for the PM button, please understand I am not selling it because I think that some, or maybe all, are not working as they have been lying idle for years. How many years you ask? Well I have a 8800 Ultra, 480 Ti and 980 Ti unused. It is really strange to see that mining has caught on so much and that it has impacted the GPU supply so severely. I empathize with all of you feeling the pinch of this.

No I can not test the GPUs I have to see if they are working and sell them to you.

Edit, I see mutant is still around. How are you? Remember me? I sold you some HDDs waaay back in the day.

Looks like I'm the only one crawling with 750Ti.

Bruh. I'm like with nil GPU. Just because my build is on hold due to covid and stuff I'm waiting or I'll even take your 750 for display and move on till the market regains some sanity. I can't justify overpaying; I don't need the GPU for work, it's not going to make me money, and gaming is not high on my priority list (as in I can afford to hold off a little longer). Though nice to have, but not desparate enough to overpay much (don't hold me to this lol).

Last edited:
I did think of messaging you but only in case you had any 1660 or above. 8800 Ultra and 480 Ti? Good god! You can make a lot out of the 980 Ti though, if you wished to sell to miners

If it works. I don't know if any of them are working. Yeah the other cards are much older, I usually never get around to selling stuff so it just stockpiles on me. When (and if) I will get around to it I will be sure to post in the thread where people can ask for recommendations on good pricing. Are you in the market for a GPU?

If it works. I don't know if any of them are working. Yeah the other cards are much older, I usually never get around to selling stuff so it just stockpiles on me. When (and if) I will get around to it I will be sure to post in the thread where people can ask for recommendations on good pricing. Are you in the market for a GPU?
Yes. I am in the market for a 1660 card, if it can be obtained at reasonable rate. I am constantly keeping an eye on the 3060Ti on RPTech if it ever comes to sale. But these are dreams and may never materialise.

Bruh. I'm like with nil GPU. Just because my build is on hold due to covid and stuff I'm waiting or I'll even take your 750 for display and move on till the market regains some sanity. I can't justify overpaying; I don't need the GPU for work, it's not going to make me money, and gaming is not high on my priority list (as in I can afford to hold off a little longer). Though nice to have, but not desparate enough to overpay much (don't hold me to this lol).
In that case you can get a 1030 right?

Back