Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

Exactly, sell at your buying price if you want to be fair by today's standards.
And that guy just added a hiked price for miners to make it look like he's giving a discount. He did not reduce any price. I can't say for sure but his price when he opened the thread was ~31k.

I am 99% sure buyer won't get extended warranty but there is no point arguing at this point in time. The card would have been sold by now or in process.

Check his latest edit, he got an offer for 34k but what if a buyer can't prove that he is buying for normal use and doesn't have anything to do with mining. Anyways why would someone have to prove anything after paying 32k is beyond my imagination

I am 99% sure buyer won't get extended warranty but there is no point arguing at this point in time.
Why though? I am getting a similar Zotac card and some guy in industry confirmed that screenshot of acknowledgement mail is sufficient. Also seller confirmed about EW from Zotac's site too.

buyer won't get extended warranty
I was just checking that, he conveniently ignored to reply to your email part. Apparently he'll give some serial number to confirm. But Zotac specifically says: ZOTAC INDIA cannot be held liable for incomplete product registration. Product Registrations are limited to two qualifying products per invoice.
Check his latest edit, he got an offer for 34k
Why hold for 24hrs for a lower offer to come when he can sell it now for 34k lol, Edit: Dumb me didnt realize he's holding an open auction
but what if a buyer can't prove that he is buying for normal use and doesn't have anything to do with mining.
Exactly, despise such things. A grand scheme to make it look like he's doing everyone a favour and is the good guy.
Why though? I am getting a similar Zotac card and some guy in industry confirmed that screenshot of acknowledgement mail is sufficient. Also seller confirmed about EW from Zotac's site too.
That email acknowledgement is missing in this case, since you have that, should be fine. But no personal experience in this regard.

Edit: I'm not able to edit the other post because mods closed the thread. The other strictly "TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT" 1660ti sale went for 30k + shipping finally - got it from the buyer.

Last edited:
Thank you for your comments. I see I've ruffled some feathers. Let me try to explain where I'm coming from.

I'm all for "I own it, I can do whatever I want with it". I don't like being told what I can or cannot do with the things I own. I apply the same philosophy to my fellow individuals ... as long as what they are doing doesn't affect me or others. Mining while great for the individual and the crypto network, has an adverse impact on energy usage, life of the hardware component and the planet as a consequence. I do not wish to enable that If I can help it. Your opinions on this topic might differ, but in general I think we can agree that, as an individual you'd rather not be party to something you do not like.

The Steam profile verification method is not full proof, but simple and does not require you to divulge personally identifiable information until I've decided whom to sell the card. That along with the discount for gamers is a way for me to dissuade miners from buying the card. LinusTechTips has tried different but more involved methods.

All sales on TE happen on the current market price. The initial sale price that I had put on the first thread was 32.5k which I then increased to 34k for miners and discounted to 32k for gamers. Once I got an offer for 34k, I reduced it further to 31.4k to make it more attractive for gamers. A new 1660 Super on MDComputers is going for 50k+, so I feel that my price at 31.4k for a card that has warranty and is a little more powerful than that, is more than fair. It's not an auction if the prices are fixed. I'm willing to give discount for gamers not because I'm running a charity, but because I feel it's the right thing to do. I do not expect to gain any goodwill, I'm barely active here on the forums.

I had an offer at 34k by a user who was honest to admit that they were planning to use this for crypto. Maybe that's the norm here, and I should expect everyone to be honest about it? That would indeed be awesome.

Regarding the warranty, I've given the buyer all the information and asked them to check warranty with Zotac. If they get a negative response, I'll verify it from my side again and reduce the price for them.

Regards,

I had an offer at 34k by a user who was honest to admit that they were planning to use this for crypto. Maybe that's the norm here, and I should expect everyone to be honest about it? That would indeed be awesome.
It would be indeed awesome but unfortunately it doesn't work like that in our country. If it would worked like that we would surpass Singapore.

That was meant to be sarcastic. I apologize if the tone was not obvious. Maybe a few smileys would have helped?
Yes, a "/s" or few smileys would've passed the message clearly that it was sarcasm.

Yes, a "/s" or few smileys would've passed the message clearly that it was sarcasm.
Nah it would ruin the sarcasm. I like the original more haha. I mean the sarcasm was obvious. Who the hell in their right mind would trade a 1660 for a new premium laptop??
The Steam profile verification method is not full proof, but simple and does not require you to divulge personally identifiable information until I've decided whom to sell the card. That along with the discount for gamers is a way for me to dissuade miners from buying the card.
I feel the steam profile thing was a bit silly but not bad by any means. I've gone through many threads and I noticed that some people for absolutely no reason (or maybe bored?) are trying to get people to explain even the most common basic info. And some people are just trying to create a mountain out of a molehill.
I would love to see their reaction if rptech does a similar method so people can get the RTX 3070 FE for 45k.

The sale is done, we can move on.
As a matter of principle I won't sell above the price I bought it for, unless I'm strapped for cash and need it for my survival, which is not the case currently. I'm talking about GPUs and other electronics in the current market, not gold/property/motorcycles. More so when selling to fellow TE members/gamers/people I've probably interacted with here or might in the future. But that's just me; perspectives differ.
If I'm giving something at a deep discount I'd be picky about whom I'm giving it to though, someone who needs it more than others, but that's a different case and won't work in an open sale thread.
Yeah the market is screwed up, while there are tons of people outside and even here who support selling at a higher market price (which by all means might be fair), there certainly are people (sellers/members and not just buyers) who strongly feel otherswise. As cliched as it might sound, how do you make the world (market/industry/marketplace) a better place if you're part of the system and jack up the prices.
I agree about dissuading miners and caring for the environment - just that I feel the same about the market too.

Frankly, it's not even that much about the price. It was the verification and supposed discount (which wasn't apparent/very clear and non-existent initially). Someone like me who's currently not gaming and not interested in mining but looking for a gaming card, I couldn't be bothered with that thread.

I feel the problem with the post was it was trying to look like it's a better deal for gamers which imo for a 2+ year old card selling more than its invoice price is not.
One of the problems is the forum doesn't have a rule which forbids it or does it? While some desperate buyers are trying to take advantage of the "you can't sell this or that above mrp here on this forum" excuse and troll sellers. It's been said time and again that price policing is not allowed. I will refrain from pointing out as it may be considered a "personal attack." I mean when it comes to gpu's everyone knows how the market is right now yet many are totally ignorant just because they want to get something at a low price and price-bully the sellers to sell to them at their price budget. Also when the IC thread for getting deals on used components was active many PM'd me with their very, honestly, ridiculous pricing. Some even thought I was selling them despite the fact that I clearly mentioned that I wasn't the seller and I'm only trying to connect them to sellers which have the components which they are looking for. Some even wanted me to bargain on their behalf just because they have low budget... speechless...

I think that we should just be glad that we still have people selling their gpu's here. Else some of the members would still be without the components they need.
And keeping the current gpu market situation in mind we should relax the rules a bit for them. And I'm not saying this because I already have one. I still need one gpu for my secondary PC. I'm saying price trolling is counter-productive, in my opinion anyway.
While I'm at it I want to commend @sanjeevram. Big props to him for selling his 1060 6GB for a much lower than market price (I was shocked). If he wanted more money he could've sold it for much more elsewhere.
Anyway I'm saying all these now because such instances will continue till the situation improves.

As cliched as it might sound, how do you make the world (market/industry/marketplace) a better place if you're part of the system and jack up the prices.
I agree with this sentiment.

Thank you for explaining your thought process. I generally believe in capitalism where market conditions regulate pricing. I also believe that certain industries need to be regulated, but I would not classify GPU's / gaming under that. Your point about selling it to fellow TE members makes sense though and I need to think about that aspect some more.

I feel the problem with the post was it was trying to look like it's a better deal for gamers which imo for a 2+ year old card selling more than its invoice price is not.
That was not the intention. The reason for sale says: Planning to get a gaming laptop after which this becomes useless, selling it off now to take advantage of market conditions.

I just wanted to sell it to a gamer more than I wanted to sell it to a miner. I realized this after I had started the thread, so it ended up being a bit messy. No intention of doing anyone, other than myself any favors.

The problem is electronic products always depreciate their value, but probably the first time in history we are witnessing a situation like this. Yes I'm aware of the RAM price inflation from few years ago wherein they were being sold at almost twice the price than earlier but this GPU situation is much worse. In our mind we cannot accept the current situation. That doesn't mean it's not the fact. Indeed if one were to purchase a 1660S from a retailer like MD he would have to shell out like 50k or above. That's nearly 3 times the price compared to what it was under normal circumstances, before the chip shortage.

Therefore, I think it's better to wake up and realise the situation as is and not complain about these things. A seller can sell above his buying price because present market conditions allows him to do so. I'd personally leave gaming (or die) before buying a card like 1660S for 30k but that's just me, an individual having his own preferences and principles.

As a matter of principle I won't sell above the price I bought it for, unless I'm strapped for cash and need it for my survival, which is not the case currently. I'm talking about GPUs and other electronics in the current market, not gold/property/motorcycles.

Yeah, I'm not suggesting that we regulate the pricing here. It's up to the seller and their intentions but fair pricing (again debatable in the current scenario. Should I say non-scalper pricing?) can be encouraged (not enforced) if the seller is interested, given that they are the minority. Who else is going to do it if not a forum of tech enthusiasts..

If the mining situation gets worse then we will probably see some industry-wide regulation due to power consumption, at least in some places/countries - subsequently having an effect on the prices.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would buy a 1660s for 50k unless he's a miner who believes he can get ROI by the end of the year or less. And I think all those jumping into mining now by buying cards at scalper prices looking to make a quick buck are taking a big risk, but those who are in it for the long term won't be bothered about a crypto crash since they know the drill. In fact, veteran miners seem to not like the new crop of miners who whine when profits go down after a couple of high days.
Hopefully, soon, miners will stop buying at scalper pricers and the retail prices will go down.
Maybe TE miners or others can add some insights or correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
@Rogues hope you can now get that new gaming laptop lol.
Hah, its going to be a long wait. I'm hope that the G15 will be around in July or August. If I decide to get the new M16, I'll probably have to wait till October or November (and spend a lot more too I think). Not much gaming until then other than FTL and Into the Breach on my Laptop's MX150.

Thanks @roofrider and others. This was an engaging discussion. Next time, I'll consider the community / tech enthusiastic aspect of TechEnclave when creating a FS thread.

Regards,

Kahase aate hai yeh log

1621172104353.png

I wish, if we had a rule on not selling a Product above the billed price.. Because if a GPU X bought for 20k is being allowed to sell for 35K then it is in a way promoting scapling. A seller cannot justify saying that the market price is higher and I am selling you cheaper.

Back