Great news for Atrix owners... Unlocked...

Freaky said:
Extensive testing b33ch.. Extensive testing :p

Need a complete rundown after a day or 2 of use :p

unable to screenshot with the previous screen grabber app.

colour banding is back like it was on froyo.

internal SD is now realized as emmc and external sd is now realized as sdcard so you may will need to move respective data folder before restoring.

you need to move Titanium backup folder to external else you wont see any backed up apps.

will use now and let you guys know :)

alright...

this is about battery awesomeness!!!

still on CM7 pre alpha...

from 100-20% - 42hours....

charged to 24% in the morning before leaving house...

it is at 10% now after 10hrs...

Data ON for mails and chat..

did not use much though.

a few calls and around 15sms.

Agreed! I don't know what it is with CM7, but it always gives the best battery life! Awesome is not the word!

Also, this is, BY FAR, the fastest ROM I have ever had on an Atrix (Almost as fast as G2X)! Considering this is just a pre-beta, I can't wait for more stable releases. Having said that, I am not moving to any other ROM! CM7 on my Atrix is here to stay :D

Pat said:
Agreed! I don't know what it is with CM7, but it always gives the best battery life! Awesome is not the word!

Also, this is, BY FAR, the fastest ROM I have ever had on an Atrix (Almost as fast as G2X)! Considering this is just a pre-beta, I can't wait for more stable releases. Having said that, I am not moving to any other ROM! CM7 on my Atrix is here to stay :D

yes, this pre-beta is much stable than any final release of any other rom I had on my previous phones..

just that features are missing and thus not a final version.

According to this link: Atrix Gingerbread Update - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA the official Gingerbread release upgrades Blur (firmware?) from 4.1.83 to 4.5.91.

However, on this page: Atrix Firmwares Superthread (Official Firmware Team of M3) - xda-developers, it mentions that once you are on 4.5.91 you are unable to downgrade to an earlier version of the firmware (for whatever reason).

Is this a cause for concern? Are there any limitations with being 'stuck' at 4.5.91 (a.l.a PSP firmwares preventing certain 'acts' from being performed on them :p )?

^^Nope..You cannot (and trust me, would not want to) downgrade to 4.1.83 through official means but there are ways to work around that as well. In short, don't bother! Go ahead and upgrade to 4.5.91, you will never want to go back!

Pat/Freaky/Madnav:

Quick Q related to battery life. I got my Atrix finally, and its currently on Froyo. While GB is definitely good (have it on the N1), I am woried aobut battery life, since its one of the primary reasons I bought this phone :p

Is the battery life on the default GB OTA update actually lower than Froyo? Any ideas why or how to get more out of it?

I did not experience any noticeable difference in battery life on stock 2.2 vs 2.3! However, CM7 has given me, by far, the best battery life I ever had on any ROMs on Atrix!

Pat said:
I did not experience any noticeable difference in battery life on stock 2.2 vs 2.3! However, CM7 has given me, by far, the best battery life I ever had on any ROMs on Atrix!

Ya well, I'll wait till a stable version is out with everything working.

meanwhile, if battery life on 2.2 n 2.3 is the same, then I guess I'll move to the GB ota.

^^I would recommend you to unlock the bootloader and install Alien. That is based on the GB OTA but with a lot of performance tweaks.

Yes, Alien is pretty stable and amongst the best custom ROMs out there. Does not affect battery life in either way (as long as you stick to the stock kernel)!

I posted this a couple of pages back in this thread:

To anyone new to Atrix, just wanted to give a high-level overview of steps involved in modding your Atrix!

Note: The only way you could end up hard-bricking your phone is by flashing 1.8.3 SBF through RSD after installing Gingerbread! In all other cases, you are relatively safe. Just be careful when you flash Pudding and everything else is a piece of cake!

High-level steps:

Step 1: Unlock the bootloader (flashing pudding)

a. Install all drivers

b. Download Pudding SBF from XDA

c. Flash the Pudding SBF through RSD Lite

d. Start the phone in fastboot mode

e. Run the commands to unlock (fastboot oem unlock)

f. fastboot reboot

Step 2: Flash CWM recovery

a. Download Tenfar's CWM recovery from XDA (CWM recovery from ROM Manager has some issues currently, stay away for the time being)

b. Start the phone in fastboot mode

c. Run command to flash Tenfar's CWM recovery to your phone (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img)

d. fastboot reboot

Step 3: Explore custom ROMs

a. Put the zip of required ROM in the root of SDCard

b. Start the phone in Recovery mode (will take you to the flashed CWM from step 2)

c. Wipe Data/Factory Reset

d. Wipe Cache

e. Wipe Dalvik Cache

f. Install Zip from SDCard, select the zip file you downloaded and flash!

g. Reboot

Step 4: Enjoy!

Ok, so up and running alien with stock theme.

Question 1: how to toggle between 2g n 3g without going into the *#*# thing? I don't see that option anywhere. Only one available seems to be to switch data off completely.

2: there are settings under battery mode to switch off sync etc after 15 min of inactivity. I assume this also breaks exchange push mail sync etc?

^^1. There was a work-around for that somewhere on XDA! Don't remember what exactly it was! I use *#*#4636#*#*!

2. Yes.

Back