GTR² weekends

Can you guys record screenshots/videos of the race somehow? Now I'm very tempted to find time to practise racing! Can I join your races with trial versions of the games or do I need to get the full versions?

Quick Question for you guys: How important are pings for gtr2? I would love to join you guys but I guess I'll be facing 600+ pings.

Also, can someone please PM me links for everything that needs to be installed?
TY

Pings are not very important, but 600ms might be tough as you might bump into other cars before you realise and afaik GTR2 does not have any lag compensation or even if it does, it doesnt work very well.

But you can still give it a try , get hamachi and join TE GTR2 Race network, pm someone on ym for password :p

@mods/OP: please update first post with latest server info (version to install, IP/id to join etc) whenever you go racing, hard to scan all the pages to figure out how to connect... let me try to join :) can someone PM me password for the TE channel/server for practise?

It's pretty simple actually.

The game server isn't always up, only when we go racing.
And since not all of us have legit GTR2, we are using Hamachi to create a VPN and play on that.

Just install Hamachi and join the following network:
Name: TE GTR2 Race
Password: techboy

If someone in the network has hosted a server, it will be visible inside your LAN menu in GTR2. Just click to join :).

OK my setup is in progress...

Couldn't get hamachi 0999 to run on Win7 even playing around with digitally signing the driver, but the new version works and I can see you guys in the TE network.

Next will try to install wippien (not sure if its necessary now) :)

Following that, will try installing GTR2 and creating a test server to practise on...

OK Wippien seems to be working - my id vishalrao@wippien.com - added some of your ids after scanning thread...

Reserving 192.168.1.76 (if its needed?)

Does Hamachi version after 0999 really block game ports? Rave's later post seems to indicate it works?

Anyway, will now install GTR2 and try to see if that works...

^ No all versions of Hamachi work, we were just confused.
And Wippien isn't necessary if you can join servers using Hamachi. Only I need it because Hamachi doesn't work for me.

Get GTR2 1.1 patch as well.
There are 2 versions EU and US, if you have the Reloaded release then you need the EU 1.1 patch :p.

Game itself is loading fine on Win7 :) Its v1.0 so getting EU 1.1 patch...

I can see you folks in the TE GTR2 Race hamachi list, fingers crossed the patched GTR2 will see any game server when they're running...

Will practise in the mean time, only have keyboard, selected "semi pro" realism level :)

Do I need to download any other patches/mods/tracks or do you race with the standard in-game cars/tracks?

^ Use mouse steering, it's almost as precise as a wheel once you get used to it.

We use standard cars and tracks and you will soon see that that's the least of our problems.
We waste almost an hour just getting everyone inside the same game :p.

heh! ok will try mouse steering, keyboard is very tough... got your link via pm :)

questions:

what track to practise first (magny cours)?

what car year/model to drive first?

how many of you use proper steering wheel and pedals???

reality check:

my time after a few trial laps (keyboard steering) is 1m:49.4s at magny cours in a BMW M3, is that totally bad?

edit: monza in a ferrari 575 - 1m 54.185s lap time... hows this?

Last night,something was horribly wrong.

I couldnt see the servers(Hamachi didn't work for me),at last when i managed to race (w wippien),it was all laggy and i was getting synchronizing (+/- xxx ms) every lap or so.Funny thing was when i get the sync message,i had no control over the car.I dont have a problem with any other game,so i dont think its the connection.

Any suggestions guys?

bottle said:
Pretty good, our times on the ferrari 550 were around 1:45 at monza

Ouch 9 whole seconds behind?! Gawd help me...

I tried mouse steering but its worse (dont think I can get used to it either) because I find it hard to find center, keep zig-zagging like a drunkard... keyboard at least I have a chance...

@leomax: im online on both hamachi TE area and wippien chat, seeing you as offline...

edit: btw, try launching connecting with hamachi first before starting wippien does that help?

FYI reserving IP 192.168.1.76 for wippien :)

Wasnt able to connect to server via hamachi but was able to connect via wippien to Rave's server.

Bottle gave me some replays to watch and link to setup files, will practise monza in a ferrari 550 this afternoon...

Back