Graphic Cards GTX 480/470 reviews and discussion

desiibond said:
this imajorly sucks. What would happen if someone puts it in el-cheapo zebronics in Delhi? will it go after Sachin's Double century?

My HD 4870 reached 105'C with Zebronics cool (!?!) cabinet in Chennai Yesterday.. Thinking how high a 480 will go :rofl::rolleyes:

SenthilAnandh said:
My HD 4870 reached 105'C with Zebronics cool (!?!) cabinet in Chennai Yesterday.. Thinking how high a 480 will go :rofl::rolleyes:

you can probaly cut about 10 c from that by cleaning the card .... dont think fermi is for chennai climate ... well if really want to get it then make sure you got a real good AC .... my HD5850 goes max of 85c with chennai climate :D 78c if i use my AC ...

I was hopeful of the same too but Ati has hinted that it dosent need to reduce prices and it might not be doing so.

Infact there has been a small rise in prices for certain cards after the 470/480 revies came out.

Lets just hope that the price does fall :)

kind regards

@ kolguy - WHat fan profiles are you using while gaming?

I'm in Delhi, and to stress the GPU I play Anno 1404(it gives 5C more temperature than CRYSIS)..

With 60% fan settings, I get a temperature of 75C.

Now, I have a Cooler(not AC) which I turn on at lowest fan settings and direct it towards my cabinet from say 1.5 metres distance.

New temperature:-

Fan settings - 55%
Load Temp - 65C

Yes, I'm on 65C load with outside temp 39C and ambient as high as 35C!!!!!

New Accessories going on sale for the GF 100 cards.:hap2:
JHH is marketing them very strongly in a attempt to offset global warming that will result from the use for Thermi.:rofl:
True Multi-Tasking for the computer is here..:eek:hyeah:

:p

EVGA teases with GTX 480 4 Way SLI

imageviewphpd.jpg

comp@ddict said:
@ kolguy - WHat fan profiles are you using while gaming?

I'm in Delhi, and to stress the GPU I play Anno 1404(it gives 5C more temperature than CRYSIS)..

With 60% fan settings, I get a temperature of 75C.

Now, I have a Cooler(not AC) which I turn on at lowest fan settings and direct it towards my cabinet from say 1.5 metres distance.

New temperature:-

Fan settings - 55%
Load Temp - 65C

Yes, I'm on 65C load with outside temp 39C and ambient as high as 35C!!!!!

using the default profile for fan and i think the fan goes for a max of 40% with that ... i use the AC to maintain a ambient temp of 24c in the room ... the temps around the cabinet are around 26c (i got this nice thermometer to measure temp :tongue:) and most of the measurements were done when running furmark i have not seen 80's yet while gaming.

I just run my cards on 85% fan, when gaming. Yea they sound like hair dryers, but I am wearing head phones. Keeps the babies cool.

yes but the 5850 do sound like generators when the fan's are set that high and even a good headset cant keep the sound out ....

^^^

Not really that bad, my speakers are usually at full blast, and that's the only part my family complains about :p

BTW, I'm able to keep the temps under 60C with 50% fan, even in this Delhi Heat!!!

neojjjk said:
Fermi limited availability until May+

Fudzilla

some indian online sites shows that it is available for 22k & 28k.... :rofl:

Shockingly, it is available in small quantities for close to those two amounts...

Oooh, and the 480 is pretty fast - a good increment on the 5870; anandtech loves AMD (evidently)

kolguy said:
yes but the 5850 do sound like generators when the fan's are set that high and even a good headset cant keep the sound out ....

i've the same card, and it runs pretty cool. Even while I play crysis at full HD + max settings. Or are you referring to a specific game ?

Happy Singh said:
Overclocking GeForce GTX 480 with extra GPU voltage beats ATI HD5970 2GB in few games....check this review.

that's the good part....

bad part...

but now it consumes not 40W but more than 80W above HD 5970 in power consumption...

THe card looks so shitty... I mean a thrash can looks better..

IMO they shud make the card 1/2 inch longer and stick 2 fans for cooling...

Back