Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince

Nikhil

Skilled
Hi Guys,

I am a HUGE HP fan.....

And knowing that the 6th book in the series is releasing on 16th July 2005, I thought I would start a thread where the harry potter(hari Putthar for those who have watched Kal Ho na Ho :rofl: ) fans can post their views on what will happen in the future books.....

I am interested in knowing how many tech geeks are also Harry Potter fans....

And for those of you losers(kidding) who have not read any of the books yet, let me ORDER you to read them at once!!!!

Don't have the impression in your mind that they are fairy tales meant for kids.... The first 2 books are somewhat kiddish but the next 3 books are certainly adultish.

They will keep you hooked. If you love reading, then HP is one of the must reads. If you are like some of the guys in my class(for whom reading novels is pure TORTURE), then no book will be good enough.....

but I strongly recommend all book lovers to read the 5 Harry Potter books without fail.

And for those who have already read the 5 books ---- please read them all in order before July 16th so that you will be fullly prepared for the 6th book.

That is what I have done. Finished all the 5 books again(probabaly the 15th time for the 5th book and more than 25 times for the remaining 4) and now I am going ABSOLUTELY INSANE waiting for July 16th.

I just cannot wait......

Anyway for people who don't know ---

The books in the order of reading and the storyline the shortform is in the ()

1). Harry Potter And the Philosopher's Stone (PS)
2). Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets(CoS)
3). Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban(PoA) --- MY personal favourite
4). Harry Potter and the Goblet Of Fire(GoF)
5). Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix(OotP)

Author: Joanne Kathleen Rowling

Publisher in India ---- Bloomsbury(actuyally British but we in India get the UK edition..... in the US, they get a Scholastic publication).

My favourite site for Harry Potter ---

www.mugglenet.com
Wotsay guys????

Order Of the phoenix was my fav.....Really gret fight at the end
and really touching when Sirius Dies.....
I downloaded some fake harry Potters also.....lol....they are crap....really bad.....
anyway i have preordered as all the other Harry potter Fans must have done.....
the one thing i will really like to see is Snape and harry as friends./....lol...i guess that is asking for too much

naah!!! Snape and Harry as friends??? Like Harry says during the Sorting Hat's song in OOTP --- Fat Chance(when the hat sings abt the 4 houses uniting to fight a common enemy, blah blah).

And the fatherof a friend of a friend runs a big bookshop and he is giving us the books(selling rather) at 4 AM on 16th July.... I will be collecting 2 books(for my sis and me) and leaving them at home and going to write my ELectronics exam and then coming back and reading the 6th book.

For the 5th book, I finished it in 6 hrs straight!!!

And my favourite is the 3rd book. Has been since the beginning. I also like the 5th book but it is a bit depressing if you know what I mean.... no quidditch(not much anyway because of that hag Umbridge) and not much fun for Harry throughout the year.

but the 5th book was I guess the funniest. Especially Fred and George. They seem to be in a league of their own during the 5th book. The way they harass Umbridge and then the way Peeves continues after they leave, the way the teacher act -- "Oh, I didn't know if I had the authority to " Flitwick to Umbridge to clear one of those Catherine Wheels. And McGonagall whispering to Peeves that the chandelier unscrews the other way through the corner of her mouth.

And McGonagall snubbing Umbridge during the inspection....

MAN!!! Hope the 6th book is at least 60% as funny as the 5th book. I don't think it will be as funny coz' Fred and George will not be an integral part of the book coz; they are no longer in Hogwarts.... SAD!!!

I've not only read all 5 HP books, i 've also read the fake books 5 and 6 . Fake no5 was ok, but no6 was a bit too much.
Neways, I thought Sirius dying in Pheonix was stupid - as if she couldnt find a better way to kill him??? And that too after dumbeldore had arrived!!!
Cedric dying in Goblet of Fire was much more serious, unexpected and shocking.

Me no fan of Harry Potter ......prefer Robert Langdon to Harry Potter anyday :eek:hyeah:.......ie wud prefer a realistic book to an imaginary:tongue:...........PS guys no offences made to Harry Potter ;)............its just a matter of personal choice :tongue: :tongue: :D :p
BTW Nikhil no1 can b forced 2 b made into a fan of Harry Potter :tongue: n if I dnt read harry potter it doesnt mean I'm dumb :mad: :mad: ...........its like me insulting every1 over here who are not in Commerce..................No hard feeling readers. :eek:hyeah: :hap2: ...

PS : I dnt like HP but ive not insulted him in any way or degraded him

hellscream666 said:
Yeah it was depressing for Sirius to die in the book......well thats what she wanted.

i understand that sirius dying must have been necessary for the story line...but it could have been done in a much better way. The way it was written was very childish and amatuerish.
LOTR, of course, is a classic. But frankly, I found it has less repeat value. I need to wait at least six months before rereading. Potter on the other, i can go from book 1 to 5 and start from 1 again.
So maybe LOTR is like fine scotch, while HP is like a quick tequila.

I am a huge fan of Harry potter . I have read all the 5 books for altleast 5-6 times each :D I have seen all the three movies atleast twice :D
I have preordered the 6th book also :p

I just cant wait for these 54 days to pass by...

P.S. : IMO, the world is divided into 2 groups of people, one of them who have read HP books and the other who are gonna read them (not who have not read them).

I am a huge huge fan of :heart: Harry Potter:love:.... I cant wait to read the sixth book. :flowers:

My personal favourites are Chamber of secrets and Order of thr Pheonix.. I love the pranks played by Fred and George. :evil1:

I guess Snape will turn out to be Harry's well wisher no matter how much he hates.. may be the exact reason why he hates him so mauch may also be ..disclosed..

but i am curious to know what happens to Harry's love life in this book.. :cupidon:

...and grudge..nice statement to make :bleh:

shrutimysore said:
I guess Snape will turn out to be Harry's well wisher no matter how much he hates.. may be the exact reason why he hates him so mauch may also be ..disclosed..
I guess that is already disclosed :p . Read the books again :tongue:
shrutimysore said:
but i am curious to know what happens to Harry's love life in this book..
I would like harry to get on with Cho chang, but that dint happen :( Yeah, waiting to see he goes along with :p

shrutimysore said:
...and grudge..nice statement to make
Thanks..

Here it is again..mark my words u guys :p
IMO, the world is divided into 2 groups of people, one of them who have read HP books and the other who are gonna read them (not who have not read them).

at the risk of diverting from the topic...
Though Rowling has done a good job, imho Tolkien is in a different league altogether.

LOTR, of course, is a classic. But frankly, I found it has less repeat value. I need to wait at least six months before rereading. Potter on the other, i can go from book 1 to 5 and start from 1 again.

My experience is quite the opposite; i still discover new things about Tolkien's universe with every read. However, to appreciate it's fullness, one MUST read "The Silmarillion". It contains details about the world, it's creation and the Valar, which have only been hinted at in LOTR.

btw, any1 here read the "Wheel of Time" series?

i read the wheel of time series. started really well and degraged badly as each next book came out. there are better series out there

Ok........ let me answer one by one......

freekill --- Sorry abt hurting your feelings..... I never meant that..... Sorry abt that.

Anyway, I also love LOTR but as someone said, it has no repeat value..... And to finish the 3 books, it takes ages. It is pretty boring through most of the 3 books. But HP is more fast paced and exciting.....

And there is one HUGE secret abt Snape which will be revealed in this book(I hope... we expected it to be revealed in the 5th book but did not happen).

And I think he is a well wisher of Harry(indirectly by being loyal to Dumbledore) but he is really a horrible person. JKR hersefl has siad in one interview that Snape is truly a horrible person.

And I would be ahppy if Ginny and Harry get ttogther..... that would be awesome.... And ron and Hermione are made for each other.... I was waiting for them to kiss in the 5th book but did not happen.

It shows.... Ron is angry with Hermione when she goes with Krum to the Yule Ball. And in the 5th book, before the first Quidditch match, she kisses Ron on the cheek. But nothing like that for Harry.....

Shows that they got togther in the hols while HArry was being attacked by dementors. And they have still not told Harry abt it coz' he had too many problems of his own(I personally do not believe this.... they are so close that if they are already going around, they would have certainly told Harry).

But they are certainly going to get togther.....

@drgrudge ---- Nice statement..... Keep posting that statement every time you post in this thread.....

Keep posting guys.... abt your theories abt HP AND HBP

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah even i am a huge fan...read all the books and watched all the movies..

infact google a bit,ull get links for dloading the 6th book already...though its just fan fiction...:)

i read the wheel of time series. started really well and degraged badly as each next book came out. there are better series out there

Is it because I just finished the 1st book, and it seems awesome.

I have read some fan fiction....

and some of them are..... ummm....... how do you say....... very very detailed abt the love lives of Harry, ROn and Hermione......

http://www.mugglenet.com/viewer/?image_location=/june10/fullukhbpcover.jpg

This is what we will be getting......

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/article/090605/blanket_press_injunction_aims_to_keep_harrry_potter

MAN!!! I would not bother selling it.....

http://www.mugglenet.com/editorials/index.shtml

One of my favourite pages on the internet as of now......

If you like it, please say so..... Will try to look for some specific articles and post it here.....

Nikhil posted 7.12 minutes later:

http://www.mugglenet.com/editorials/editorials/edit-sbrown01.shtml

What do you guys think abt this??? Do you think Lupin is a legilimens???

Back