Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince

Yeah.... it made me feel like want to kill him. If at that moment in the forest with Grawp, Grawp had killed him, I would not have felt bad.

What a moron. I mean, there is a limit to being dumb also........

bump....

12 more days to go..... where are you guys getting the books from??? I am getting it from a friend's friend's father at 5:30 in the morning.... at a price of less than 625/-.

I am buying 2 books. One for me and one for my sis.... .she also wants to read the books as soon as possible.... and so instead of fighting over the books, we both are buying one copy each.....

What abt you guys???

And who do you think is the Half Blood Prince???

JKR said:
There were streaks of grey in his mane of tawny hair and his bushy eyebrows; he had keen yellowish eyes behind a pair
of wire-rimmed spectacles and a certain rangy, loping grace even though he walked with a slight limp.

This is the description of the HBP given by JKR herself..... any guesses ???

I also preordered a month ago at Landmark . :D

I paid 500rs and rest to be paid later.
I get some HP goodies and some HP sovereigns along with 10% discount and a assured copy (in case it's sold out ;) )

Yeah I too Preordered it in Landmark
they also have a contest
Guys, I hear that she is gonna kill 2 characters inthe book....who are they?...lol what do ya think who they might be?

I think, Dumbledore has to go only then Harry will come face to face with Voldmort and the only 7th Book will Go......but thats just me

what do ya think?

I DON'T WANT DUMBLEDORE TO DIE!!! but if he does, Harry will be able to show his true powers..... but I think Dumbledore is too powerful a wizard to die in the 6th book itself.

And I have a feeling that one of the Weasleys will die this time. Will not be Ron though..... probably Aurthur Weasley,......

I guess so too.....
But I guess Dumbledore has to go for Harry to come face to face with Lord Voldemort
i only hope its not Hermionie and Ron....if they die, harry will Go mad and even then he will come face to face with Voldemort

I read some rumors saying Dumbledore would let Snape kill him, to prove his (snape's)loyalty to Voldemort. But dumbledore would stay around as a ghost. As he said, death is not the worst thing that can happen.

WTF!!!! That is the wildest theory I have heard..... and how much ever I hate Snape, I still don't want him to be on Voldy's side.... I prefer him being a good guy.....

Ok some facts:

In The UK, bookies have been taking bets on who is going to die in the 6th book. All of a sudden there was a rush of people placing their money on Dumbledore. The bookies became suspicious. There was a feeling that the book was stolen from the place where it was being printed..... And that is why the sudden rush of people placing bets on Dumbledore.....

but let us see.... I don't want him to die.... I would prefer it if Hagrid died.... I enjoy seeing Dumbledore battle with Voldy. He exudes that sense of confidence which I love reading. The scene in OotP where he fights Voldy in the Ministry Of Magic is AWESOME!!! My fav part of the whole book

Yeah Dumbly is Kind of Hero of the whole Story like Gandalf......i dont want him Killed too......but if she intends to fnish the book in the 7th part then what better place to kill Dumbly or Ron and Hermionie so that he goes Mad and goes Face to Face with Voldy.........

Anyway I dont exactly Hate Snape.....i know he takes his Hatred towards Harry a Bit too high...........I like Him.........i hope he has a Better Part to play in the Book
(edit: my 500th post)

I do HATE snape but I still think that he is a useful person to have on your side......

And let us see abt the books.... I can hardly contain myself......... I am damn excited abt the 6th book..... am going with a big group at 5:30 in the morning... :bleh:

Nikhil posted 11.65 minutes later:

Which question should MuggleNet ask JKR on July 16? (Click to reveal the entire question)
1). It is said to be immensely difficult to cast an Unforgiveable curse; according to Bellatrix it takes a lot of hate, and according to Moody a lot of power; so how was Peter Pettigrew able to perform the killing curse on Cedric Diggory? Is he really that powerful of a wizard? - arulupinausti
2). Will Ginny’s former connection to the mind of Voldemort influence her power and abilities? - fawkesrider88
3). What on earth was Dumbledore’s brother Aberforth doing with those goats? - Fuschia88
4). Hagrid has introduced himself as Keeper of the Keys at Hogwarts. Is this only an honorary title, or is there anything more to this? - mochajava
5). Can you tell us more about how the wizarding government works? - maatartemis
6). If Lord Voldemort encountered a Boggart what would he see? - asrial
7). Throughout the series it has been said that Dumbledore is the greatest wizard of the age and that he was a prodigy. During the O.W.L.s we hear one of Harry’s testers reminiscing about how he had never seen some of the things Dumbledore could do with a wand before. How did he gain all of his skill, power, and knowledge, even at such a young age? -Cairodin
8 ). For the 11 years that Harry lived with the Dursley’s, was the wizarding world entirely aware of his whereabouts, or did they just think their little hero vanished? - Juck
9).The importance of our choices has been stressed over and over again in the books. Why was Lily’s choice to sacrifice herself for her son more ’important’ in some sense than her husband’s choice to sacrifice himself for his son and wife? Apparently James knew he had no fighting chance, so choosing to fight in order to give time to his family to flee, was in fact choosing to die for them. But this didn’t seem to offer his wife any magical protection, therefore it seems like a less important sacrifice. Is it because he didn’t actually put his body in front of the person he wanted to save that made his death so... second class? Should that matter? The choice that he made was of equal level to the choice his wife made, I think; but not with the same effect? Why? - Vlasiou
10). It’s stated in book 1 that Dumbledore had ’defeated’ ’the dark wizard Grindelwald.’ Did Dumbledore defeat him in the sense of kill, or remove him from power, but so he may still be alive? - Virtuousdream
These are the option in the poll at http://www.mugglenet.com/

What will you be voting for?? I think I will vote for the "What a boggart transforms into in front of Voldy". But I think that will be Dumbledore.... that I think is pretty obvious...

So, I guess I will vote for the Lily sacrifice vs James sacrifice.....

The book is finally released today and I hope I have it by tomorrow

Who do u think is the Half Blood Prince??
I seriously think it will be snape and tht might be the reason for dumbledore to trust him

And two characters are gonna die???
And seriously the movies suck bigtime lets stop discussing them
Its like they just remove the MAGIC
get it

I went to Odyssey to buy Angels and Demons(may seem strange to u guys but frankly i am no a HP fan.also)I didnt know that HP was releasing today........asked about the sales of the book..said they were very good

By now, I guess most iof the fans have read the books.... let us shift the discussions to the other thread started by Zhopudey.....

All spoilers and details abt the book ---- post in the other thread http://www.techenclave.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5695 ..... Let this be a thread for people who have not yet read the book ....

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD.....

I guess mods can close this thread after another 1 week by which time all people would have read rthe book(those who have still not read it don't counht as Harry Potter fans :bleh: )

Back