HDTV buying advice template

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDTV buying advice thread

if they ask 16k for repairing panel, its better to sell it to them for 8k which is wise.. Did you ask how much warranty they will give for that panel ?. In my case they gave only 1 month warranty and hence i sold my s400a to them for 8k. IMO its better to sell it. BTW what is the size ?

Confused between the LG K45 series 42 inch and the samsung LAD550 .
Asked their prices and in retail got the quote for the 40 inch samsung for 44k.
The LG one has an IPS panel and can also play all the .mkv formats through its usb.
Have an option of LG to buy from CSD which would cost me about 41k.
So is LG the ONE to buy for me or any issues for the LG i am unaware of? :S

ggt said:

The LG one has an IPS panel and can also play all the .mkv formats through its usb.

I am not aware of any issues with LG, since they make their own panels, but I will say this. Rather than going for a TV with media playing features, why don't u go for a better brand (ex Sony or Panasonic) & get a HD media player separately?

They don't cost an arm and a leg after all.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Fahrenheit said:
Any views on the JVC LT-32A1?

Only gripe is the after sales support, that is CRUCIAL when it comes to buying a consumer electronic product.

^^The picture quality for a sony did not warrant their price tag. :S.
And also will buy an HDTV from CSD Only because it fits the budget of 40k.

Well then, my suggestion to search the interwebz for feedback on the LG panels.

BTW: what's csd?

ggt said:

The samsung can also play all formats via USB,what ever panel it has its of VA based origin which has quite a lot more contrast then the LG panel.

Fahrenheit said:

Buy JVC 32" LCD TV LT-32A1 at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Buy JVC 32" LCD TV LT-32A1 at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Looking for a cheap but good tv to put up in the bedroom...

I don't think no one here has seen the jvc tvs,no idea what panel they use,its a third tier manufacturer.

adder said:
The samsung can also play all formats via USB,what ever panel it has its of VA based origin which has quite a lot more contrast then the LG panel.

yup i know that . :)
just wanted to know the pros and cons for LG ones since it is an IPS based panel.

so in your opinion is it an LG 42LK450 or samsung LA 40D550 ?

The thing is the lg one is expensive in retail chains than the samsung.

And i thought the IPS based ones are better :ashamed:

would have got the LG one cheaper at csd .

For the samsung i think with more bargains i could even get it cheaper than the CSD pricing (currently the margin is just 200 bucks).

Just for info those who are unaware

CSD : Canteen store department

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canteen_Stores_Department_(India)

Well the best lcd tvs of many previous years where based on VA tech.It was only from last year that high local dimming models where on par with their VA based flagship models.

This year some proprietary hybrid VA tech used in Sony flagship have reportedly has even better viewing angle then IPS panels and it also VA blacks.

While IPS tech has the slight edge when it comes to pro lcd monitors.Its not the same when it comes to tvs,where contrast makes a significant difference higher the contrast more perception of depth.However IPS based tvs with local dimming are just as good or in some cases better then their VA based rivals.

Apart from the above samsung image processing is one of the best out there on par with Sony new X-reality and better then LG.

just out of curiosity is there any test to diff. hd from full hd?like any kind of pattern video which we can play and say this is full hd and this is hd or non hd?

think123 said:
just out of curiosity is there any test to diff. hd from full hd?like any kind of pattern video which we can play and say this is full hd and this is hd or non hd?

get any full HD youtube video and watch it on the those tvs

ggt said:
get any full HD youtube video and watch it on the those tvs

you did not got my point,here i am talking about a single tv and not comparing with any other tv,

suppose i give you a particular tv without any specs or anything and ask you whether its full hd or hd or non hd how will you tell?

is it possible to tell that this panel is full hd or hd by playing full hd youtube video on that tv?pls enlighten me.

One way is to hook up an HD media player or a game console & go to their display settings & run a diagnostic, they will show all the supported resolutions on your display.

1. Budget -25k(lower the better)

2. Viewing distance(8 feets)

3. Sources/inputs - Tata sky SD(Might upgrade to HD), Vga from laptop(My laptop doesn't have HDMI)

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV- Whatever gives best quality in this budget

5. Preference for brands.- Any brand is fine as long as it gives warranty and there are no known issues(No Aoc and croma)

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market?- No

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room - Normal

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc. - USB with 720p playback. If it can't play 720p then USB is of no use as I have a philips DVD player which plays SD content in divx format from usb

Try to get Samsung-LA32A550 or Samsung-LN32C530

Look out for LG as well. I believe you'll have to bargain a bit, but you should be able to get yourself a 32" in that money.

More confusion :S

was checking out more stores came around a sony CX40 42 inch .

Tried to play the .mkv 1080p file of inception and it played fine.

I remember i tried the same file in the other store but it did not play the file :S.

Also noticed that the sony one has some motion lag as If i can see the ghosting in it.

So was it a defective piece or the BE3 engine at work :S.

Also here tried with the 42LGK430 the color reproduction was a bit neutral compared to samsung.

And i liked the overall feel for the LG.

I am not quite sure about the actual difference between the 430 and the 450.

Checked out the samsung LED 40D5000 and it had some backlight bleed at the edges.
Finally want to know any shops which can get me the best prices.

Will buy within a month.

What about videocon one's are they reliable?

somu said:
Try to get Samsung-LA32A550 or Samsung-LN32C530

Look out for LG as well. I believe you'll have to bargain a bit, but you should be able to get yourself a 32" in that money.

I can't find VGA in these samsung models. Headphone out will be nice as then I can connect my speakers and sometimes my headphones as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back