HDTV buying advice template

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDTV buying advice thread

vijayshimla said:
Can someone give the lowest price price of Samsung 32C530 in Delhi, have to pick up 2 pcs - lowest in Shimla is 33k- which i think is tooo hi

last time when i was out to buy a tv i got quote of 30000 and i confirmed with a friend that it is going for 29500 to 30000 if u can bargain.

btw i bought the c550(SQ02 panel) for 32000 in November and i,m lovin it.

Freefrag said:
Guys going a bit OT, but how do you start the subtitles when watching a video through the usb player on the Samsung 40C530 ?
Now that is something I haven't figured out yet though the manual reads that subtitles are supported. :ashamed:

I couldn't be bothered since there is no way you can adjust the size of them.

Guys, here is a collection of basic tips before you buy an HDTV HDTV buying tips in India | woikr.

It talks about what screen size you should choose, what refresh rate and what kind (LCD/LED). May help some of you guys :)

@Mods: If you think It doesn't fit here I can make it as a new thread.

malefic said:
last time when i was out to buy a tv i got quote of 30000 and i confirmed with a friend that it is going for 29500 to 30000 if u can bargain.
btw i bought the c550(SQ02 panel) for 32000 in November and i,m lovin it.
whats the difference between C530 & C550?

delhiboy1000 said:
whats the difference between C530 & C550?
Answered a gazillion times in this thread already. Please do yourself a favor and browse through the last couple of pages. I am sure I've answered it there. :)

u can pick up samsung c530 for 29500 here in delhi.

else u can also buy sony ex400/500 from grey market.

Looking for a 47" display under 65k. Will be used mostly for general Tata Sky, and movies.

^That seems to be a decent pricing. It appears the offers have started to pour in with the Cricket World Cup kicking off in a couple of days' time. :)

Ambar said:
Looking for a 47" display under 65k. Will be used mostly for general Tata Sky, and a little bit of PS3 usage.

Total noob here - so please help me out. Thanks =)
Chances of finding one in that budget are zilch! i.e if you don't take into account those cheap ass displays such as VU.

However, with that budget you can certainly fit in an extra decent plasma panel or an LCD albeit not the 47/46 inchers but 40-42 ones. :)

^thanks, I'll check that out. What's the best I can get

for 65k then Gannu? I suppose 42" works.

46PFL5505 Philips 46" LCD at 54K... Free 4 years warranty and 24" LED... Check Croma/Reliance Digital/PCH/TMC for offers.....

Ambar, if you could give us more details as mentioned in the first post of the thread, it would be a whole lot easier to give you suggestions. :)

teja92 said:
46PFL5505 Philips 46" LCD at 54K... Free 4 years warranty and 24" LED... Check Croma/Reliance Digital/PCH/TMC for offers.....
Correction. It is a 42 incher and not 46. Do not be confused with the model number which is 46PFL5505.

46PFL5505/V7 Philips 5000 series LCD TV 46PFL5505 42" Full HD 1080p - Philips Support

Nevertheless, the offer is pretty neat for 54k. The 24" free panel can be worth at least 11~12k. Not to mention the 4 year warranty as against the standard 1 year offered by most other manufacturers. The panel is an IPS panel.

I'll be purchasing a TV tomorrow.I'm confused whether to buy a 32 inch Full HD or a 42 inch panasonic x42D plasma.

I'm in a dilemma of resolution vs size.

My budget is around 33-35K.

It'll be mainly used for watching HD movies.

Please suggest which one to buy.

Sorry Gannu. Here you go :

Budget - 65k

Not willing to purchase from grey.

Inputs - Tata Sky, PS3 and a standard DVD I suppose

Viewing distance - About 15ft (+/- 2ft)

No preference for brands (though it would be better if the TV is easy to find)

Ambient Lighting - can be adjusted as required

This is all I know/care about. Anything else?

Ambar said:
Sorry Gannu. Here you go :

Budget - 65k

Not willing to purchase from grey.

Inputs - Tata Sky, PS3 and a standard DVD I suppose

Viewing distance - About 15ft (+/- 2ft)

No preference for brands (though it would be better if the TV is easy to find)

Ambient Lighting - can be adjusted as required

This is all I know/care about. Anything else?
LCD or Plasma? :)

15 ft is a bit too large for a 40-42" display. Ideally anywhere from 5-8 feet is considered optimum. Any higher, the difference between the HD contents (720/1080p) becomes minimal and negligible.

Your best bet are the following models:

1. Samsung LA40C630 LCD.

2. Sony 40EX400 LCD.

3. Panasonic VIERA TH-P42V20D plasma. This display would probably rival the above models in terms of the PQ and deeper blacks.

Do yourself a favor - visit the nearby Croma/Reliance Digital outlet and demo these panels first. :)

I really have no clue about the LCD vs Plasma point. Even though it's probably been done in a million articles and posts here, I'm going to ask you - which one? Thanks alot for the models - I'll check them out asap.

Ambar said:
I really have no clue about the LCD vs Plasma point. Even though it's probably been done in a million articles and posts here, I'm going to ask you - which one? Thanks alot for the models - I'll check them out asap.
For your requirements, the LCD displays should be the best bet. However, if you were to watch a lot of HD content, the plasma would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back