HDTV buying advice template

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRM

Disciple
Nov 7, 2010
Re: HDTV buying advice thread

I checked 40C530 ....what is the difference in 40D550 and 40C530?

medpal

Resident Medic
Skilled
Mar 16, 2005
The City of Diamonds.

Any head up on samsung panel new nomenclature. Yesterday went auditioning a 46 LED Samsung the panel sign says "HN01" which panel is it @Gannu do find out it for me. TIA.

pratikjain134

Recruit
May 4, 2011

My television requirements

Screen Size 46 inches

Viewing Distance 11 feet

Type LCD Full HD 1080p

Company preference Samsung

Sony Bravia

Actually I am confused should I buy Samsung or Sony because there are many reviews saying that Samsung uses some different panels and that causes lot of issues don’t know if it’s true in India. Also they say that if you calibrate the settings of Sony, it is better than Samsung in terms of picture quality. But I wanted a review from you guys saying which TV will be better for me, I am not too keen on the internet facilities which they provide in the TV I am not going to use them the things which I will use is good picture with awesome sound for movies, movies and only movies. HDMI connectivity and USB if possible or else its fine I’m going to use HDMI.

Please help & suggest some good models.

adder

Skilled
Jul 8, 2007

^Well both are pretty much the same ,atleast for the low to mid range models.Yes the review are right in saying that the performance of the panels are different and yes this applies also to the models sold in india or for that matter anywhere else in the world.

You can check out the sony EX720 and samsung D6xxx series.

PRM

Disciple
Nov 7, 2010

bought 40D550 today.....
main difference with c530 are lan connectivity, clear crystal finish, side buttons and the price :(

adder

Skilled
Jul 8, 2007

PRM said:
bought 40D550 today.....
main difference with c530 are lan connectivity, clear crystal finish, side buttons and the price :(
Congrats on your purchase.
Which panel did you get?

gaganjain

Adept
Sep 16, 2006
www.gaganjain.in

How is samsung LA32D580K4R 32inch
Link
Friend got quote of 32k for this one
Does it play mkv/divx file too? [they have mention it has ConnectShare Features]
Any advice on it....

adder

Skilled
Jul 8, 2007

Yes it plays MKV and divx.Certain audio codec may not be played.
Its a good lcd,just make sure you get a SQ panel which is a SPVA tech.

gaganjain

Adept
Sep 16, 2006
www.gaganjain.in

adder said:
Yes it plays MKV and divx.Certain audio codec may not be played.

Its a good lcd,just make sure you get a SQ panel which is a SPVA tech.

Thanks

From where i can find it is SQ panel is print on box ? or it is some where near serial no...

adder

Skilled
Jul 8, 2007

Its located behind the lcd tv,in a sticker that contains the serial no.

extol

Disciple
Jun 19, 2009

hey guys ...please suggest

1. Budget.

1 - 1.5L
2. Viewing distance.

10feet --- want a 46inch or 47inch

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.

ps3 , wd hd media place , xbox :)
4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV.

any

5. Preference for brands.

any --- currently checking out LG cinema 3d and samsung LA46C750
6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market?

nope
7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room.

medium light

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.

a very good 3D tv , wifi and smart tv will be added benefits

Superbad

Skilled
May 26, 2009
HDTV buying advice thread

1. Budget.
upto 43K

2. Viewing distance.
15feet --- want a 40 or 42 inch

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.
have not bought any right now but will be looking to buy a media player and home theatre in the future

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV.
any

5. Preference for brands.
looking for 40+ or 42+ inchers that fit my budget

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market?
nope .. Rather looking to buy from CSD. so counting for some discount :eek:hyeah:

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room.
Well lit

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.
a very good tv ,capable of playing those x264 720p rips out of the box.
wifi and smart tv will be added benefits

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Jun 3, 2005

Can some one give me opinions on LG 32LE5500 and if there are any other better alternatives to this (By better I don't mean better price, but better quality at a comparable or better price). I was quoted 38k for this at Reliance Digital. This display stood out from all the other Samsungs and Sony's that were on display at the store.

adder

Skilled
Jul 8, 2007

Lord Nemesis said:
Can some one give me opinions on LG 32LE5500 and if there are any other better alternatives to this (By better I don't mean better price, but better quality at a comparable or better price). I was quoted 38k for this at Reliance Digital. This display stood out from all the other Samsungs and Sony's that were on display at the store.
Samsung 32D550 should be a good choice or( 32D580 same as D550 but with better sound).They will also launch the D650 soon with motionflow.
If you are open to grey market you can get the Sony 32" EX720 for around 40k,as per hdtvtest uk it achives 1080lines of motion resolution without any video like effect and as usual sony high standard SD picture quality.
Or a CX520 available for 26k to 27k similar to samsung D550.

The lg native contrast his still much lower and its a 2010 model.Its trumotion isn't has effective has the ones in Sony and Samsung.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@ggt
Your budget is to low for a 40" sized lcd,you can only get a plasma of that size,but since your room is well lit it may not be a good choice ,considering the base model plasma have little to no measures to handle glare,they would just wash out.
If you are willing to explore the grey market then you can get a Sony 40" CX520 for 42k or the 40" BX420 for 37k.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@extol
Check out the samsung D7000 should be a excellent choice,you can also wait for the 2011 Sony HX820 series .

Superbad

Skilled
May 26, 2009

^ incase you missed my point. i would be buying it from CSD.(Mom works there, she gets CSD privileges):eek:hyeah:
Mom got a quote from CSD as 43k for a samsung 40" LCD. (not sure about the model. she did not note it. also in CSD you have to make an order with the model and there is no demo sort of thing there).

adder

Skilled
Jul 8, 2007

ggt said:
^ incase you missed my point. i would be buying it from CSD.(Mom works there, she gets CSD privileges):eek:hyeah:
Mom got a quote from CSD as 43k for a samsung 40" LCD. (not sure about the model. she did not note it. also in CSD you have to make an order with the model and there is no demo sort of thing there).
Well if you are getting it for 43k ,then go for samsung D550 thats the 2011 model.

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Jun 3, 2005

Alright guy's can someone suggest me some good Full HD LCD TV's (Preferably 37", but 32" as well) that work well with PC output (DVI/HDMI). i.e the Display would be used as a PC Monitor for close quarters use for work as well as gaming with PC and consoles. Max budget is 50k. Just to add, I don't want to go into the 40/42" territory right now.

I was actually planning to get a U2711 for my PC, but I found my 6 year old 20" Samsung CRT is also conking off (Showing signs of impeding death like rainbow gradients without any picture and other such symptoms since the last couple of days)

While the TV is not viewed a lot, my Mom does watch the news and a couple of programs and I guess I would have to get a new TV in any case. If I try to get Monitor and TV both at this point, I would only be making compromises with choices of both. I can get the U2711 and try to double it as a TV, but that didn't seem to be good strategy. Since I also want to see if Its practical to use an LCD TV as a Monitor, I can get a 37" TV and see how it fares as a Monitor while doubling it as a TV. If its really bad, I would still have my 20" Dell to fallback on and I can get the U2711 a while later.

adder

Skilled
Jul 8, 2007

A monitor won't make a good tv,it has no de-interlacer,poor upscaler,poor speaker if they have any.

A 32" tv should be fine like a samsung 32D6000 its a 3d tv and will also work fine with a PC.
37" tv are rare to find,they also can come with crappy panel tech.

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Jun 3, 2005

I guess I can stick to 32" Itself and look for the best display in my budget. How much does the 32D6000 cost? Is it available officially?

One more thing, I know 1080p and 720p are the standard resolutions output over HDMI, but do any of these LCD TV's support any resolutions between like 1600 x 900 or something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.