HDTV buying advice template

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDTV buying advice thread

Pernicious said:
1. Budget. - 70-80K

2. Viewing distance. There is a sofa, which is about say 60 degrees from the Tv and about 6-7 feet away. and, the bed, directly opposite to the tv 90 degrees about 10-14 feet away.

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.: USB must, would really like if it can play mkv/avi with subs, but PQ is most important. HDMI also needed.

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV. - Dunno what to get, recommend me something

5. Preference for brands - Sony but can opt for others too

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? - Would purchase it abroad, from bangkok.

7. My room (has two doors with glass panels to the veranda, DIRECT sunlight in day time, pretty bright)

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc. : Yes, Wifi, DLNA

You can get a 40" NX720 for well within that budget in bangkok it doesn't play MKV and subs.
It does have a excellent PQ,also comes with gorilla glass with anti glare treatment.

adder said:
You can get a 40" NX720 for well within that budget in bangkok it doesn't play MKV and subs.

It does have a excellent PQ,also comes with gorilla glass with anti glare treatment.

sorry, I edited my first post, I need one with 46" and anyway NX 720 is 3d, and I am not looking for 3d because I heard it's not good.

Pernicious said:
sorry, I edited my first post, I need one with 46" and anyway NX 720 is 3d, and I am not looking for 3d because I heard it's not good.

Whether you like 3d or not. 3D tvs are usually the higher end tvs, which means their 2d performance is better then the 2d only tvs.At 6 feet distance a 46" tv will be quite large.

and since I would view SD content almost all the time via cable, 6 ft wouldnt be recommended at all?

Pernicious said:
and since I would view SD content almost all the time via cable, 6 ft wouldnt be recommended at all?

For SD content bigger the tv more are the chances of tv highlighting the artifacts ,its basically shows the limitation of SD source and one can only spot it easier at closer distance.
Even the HX92 series which has the X-reality pro or the sharp kuro can't magically make a SD content as good as HD.

I would stick with 40" size for 6 feet distance especially if i am watching SD content.

OKAY GUYS:

The shop from which I buy my tv's and stuff, it says it can get me the old faithful (as per this forum) pana P42V20D for 64K. I could negotiate around say 2-3 grand maybe. So how is the price? Is it good?

Any other TV recommended? Should I get this or get the Sony 46" EX520 from Bangkok which would cost a bit more than this and travelling hassles+No warranty?

Anybody seen the LG 32LV3500? 32-inch, Full HD, LED backlit IPS panel. approx. 35k. Sounds pretty awesome on paper.

hows the quality of sony bravia 32cx520..

as i am buying from grey market...

is there any problem with panel going kaput...???

reply asap...

i am buying from ebay

50VT20 is going for 75k I hear on a stock clearance sale. That is hands down the best deal right now.

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me whats the best offer I can get for LG 55" 3DTV? (LG 55LW6500 LED TV) The MRP seems to be Rs.190,000 range (as opposed to Samsung's 55" LED 3DTV Rs.240,000). And I've seen shops offering it for Rs.164,000... which is a good price?

Hi all, want to buy new tv any good deals going on 40 inch tvs in bangalore,looking into toshiba brand as it has 4yr warranty & PQ looked good with hd connection,budget upto 50k .

Guy plz help me in choosing a good HDTV with so many different models around it get really confusing for a layman like me to take a decesion

here are the details

1. Budget. :- arnd 60K

2. Viewing distance. :- arnd 14ft

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc. :- set top box and an xbox/ps3 later on

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV. :- N/A

5. Preference for brands. :- N/A

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? not sure

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room. :- normal lighting no fancy lights

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc. :- Sound quality should be good. Afters sales service in case on ne issues

Thanks

Re: The "Help me buy an HDTV" thread!

1. Budget. 40k-42k

2. Viewing distance. 10-12 feet

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc. Airtel IPTV/Portable HDD for movies

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV. LED-LCD TV

5. Preference for brands. Samsung/Panasonic/Sony

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? No

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room. Fixed Window on the backside of TV. Simple fluorescent lighting

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.
Looking for DLNA. 3D not required

blackheart said:
Guy plz help me in choosing a good HDTV with so many different models around it get really confusing for a layman like me to take a decesion

here are the details

1. Budget. :- arnd 60K

2. Viewing distance. :- arnd 14ft

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc. :- set top box and an xbox/ps3 later on

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV. :- N/A

5. Preference for brands. :- N/A

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? not sure

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room. :- normal lighting no fancy lights

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc. :- Sound quality should be good. Afters sales service in case on ne issues

Thanks

I am biased for SONY and thus will recommend only SONY (If you want i can give technical reason for my bias as well)...

For your requirements buy KDL-40EX520

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

deepankar143 said:
1. Budget. 40k-42k

2. Viewing distance. 10-12 feet

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc. Airtel IPTV/Portable HDD for movies

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV. LED-LCD TV

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room. Fixed Window on the backside of TV. Simple fluorescent lighting

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.
Looking for DLNA. 3D not required

For your requirements buy, KDL-32EX420

Well,this is my first LCD TV to be honest & i don't know much about them

1. Budget. ~ 45k

2. Viewing distance. 8-12 feet

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc. Tata Sky HD/Portable HDD for movies/PC via HDMI

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV- LED-LCD TV

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room. TV is facing South and Window is on the East.

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc. Looking for DLNA. 3D not required (3D is not required however i don't really know what DLNA stands for)

heard some good reviews about Samsung LA40C630,is it a good buy.

NAV33N said:

1. Budget. ~ 45k

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc. Tata Sky HD/Portable HDD for movies/PC via HDMI

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room. TV is facing South and Window is on the East.

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc. Looking for DLNA. 3D not required (3D is not required however i don't really know what DLNA stands for)

heard some good reviews about Samsung LA40C630,is it a good buy.

Samsung is an LCD and seems to be out out your budget...

I would suggest SONY 32EX520 as it is edge led and far better picture quality...

If you insist for 40 go for 40EX520...

hey guys i compared the KDL-40EX520 with some higher end models and found out that it does not have the MotionFlow XR 200 feature. Is this a very important feature how much difference does it make to the overall picture quality?

also had some questions like

which panels are used.

what is the refresh rate

also i have heard of some HDTVs which use Dynamic LED backlights which offer a better picture quality and less power consumption than the normal LED backlight ne ideas which models use this and there price

Thanks

1. Budget. 35k max

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc. Hathway / Cable / External HDD / PC Streaming

5. Preference for brands. Any

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room. Door and window opposite to tv and also beside tv

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc. It should support 1080p mkv files...but will it play dts audio track?

-Murali- said:

1. Budget. 35k max

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc. Hathway / Cable / External HDD / PC Streaming

5. Preference for brands. Any

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room. Door and window opposite to tv and also beside tv

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc. It should support 1080p mkv files...but will it play dts audio track?

LED TV: Samsung UA27D5000 --->29k

LCD TV: The simple way to live in Full HD. - LA32D580K4R - LCD TV - Television | SAMSUNG -->32k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back