Video HDTV purchase from Bangkok

^^ That site collects prices from all retail outlets of Thailand.Sometimes prices shown on them are 10% higher then true market price similarly it can be cheaper too.What that site provides is approx cost of products being sold at Thailand.

Ohh sorry to disappoint you but finding 50% cheaper in Thailand is hard......good things cost big
<

You can get 25-30 % cheaper from Indian prices then again those will be offset'd by customs
<

#Mohit1981

Then isn't that good for you ?
<

bought a Samsung LED 40D5000 from Bangkok late last month. cost me around 18700 THB (excluding the 7% VAT refund). (now that's at least 45-50% cheaper than in India!!!)

bought it from best buy in Pantip Plaza. the guy with the small shop that jhonweed mentioned was selling it for even cheaper: ~17800 THB but i wasn't too comfortable dealing with him. the price for the 40D5000 in official Samsung showrooms was ~20,000 THB.

There are lots of malls where yo can pick up TVs from in Bangkok and depending upon how hard you search for the 'best deal' you'll not save more than Rs. 1000. Point being, don't waste your time going through 10 different shops checking for prices cos at the end of the day you'll still save 45-50%. Go to any of the places mentioned in the earlier posts and you should be good.

One thing to keep in mind is that nobody will give you an international warranty card, neither the official nor the grey market dealers. The warranty card will be local and you will have to get register the serial number online and get the warranty claim. I wasted an entire day in this every dealer promised international warranty and when I asked them for more details they never gave me a straight answer; (and language is BIG BIG barrier).

Made one crucial error: we didn't get the warranty card stamped in a hurry while trying to not miss our flight and also could not take a copy of the bill. the original bill was retained at the VAT refund counter.

So make sure you get the WARRANTY CARD STAMPED and take a BILL COPY for future reference. and if anyone is travelling to bangkok soon and is willing to help a fellow member please let me know
<

Hello Everyone. I am currently in Bangkok and want to buy the Samsung UA40D5500. I will be visiting Pantip Plaza tomorrow. I would like to know if all dealers at Pantip Plaza offer a VAT refund. I have also heard that there are very long queues at the airport for VAT refund, can someone please clarify on these two points ASAP

My brother is planing toget KDL-32EX720 from belgium

there it cost 550 Euro , hewill get vat refund of 21% from 550

Wats cost of the above model in india?

also price customs verify will beon invioce or on invoice excluding vat return i got.

^^

Check Letsbuy/Flipkart for current prices.

Custom fee's is 36.05 % charged on Invoice.Charges will be calculated after product exceeds 25K Rs limit.

Hello Everyone. I am currently in Bangkok and want to buy the Samsung UA40D5500. I will be visiting Pantip Plaza tomorrow. I would like to know if all dealers at Pantip Plaza offer a VAT refund. I have also heard that there are very long queues at the airport for VAT refund, can someone please clarify on these two points ASAP

Every big shop like best buy will give you vat refund option. You can speak to the sale exeutive there to re-confirm to vat refund option. They are usually helpful and also guide for vat refund process.

Since Guptaji was there recently, he will be able to guide you better.

Lanny, can you also please confirm the best price for LG 47LW5700 there in Bangkok?

bought a Samsung LED 40D5000 from Bangkok late last month. cost me around 18700 THB (excluding the 7% VAT refund). (now that's at least 45-50% cheaper than in India!!!)

bought it from best buy in Pantip Plaza. the guy with the small shop that jhonweed mentioned was selling it for even cheaper: ~17800 THB but i wasn't too comfortable dealing with him. the price for the 40D5000 in official Samsung showrooms was ~20,000 THB.

What total custom fees did you pay?

Hi Lanny, could you check the price for the Samsung 46" D7000 please. Thanks.

Lanny, the queues are not very long. ive been through the VAT refund section at the airport and it would take you around 20-30 mins with filling up the forms, standing in the line and getting done with the refund.

very useful information on this thread. Would like to ask one question though -

1. LED's (46') with WARRANTY are cheapest in Thailand ? How about Singapore/USA ? I have friends in Singapore / USA who would be coming down to India soon. So just wanted to check if it is worth buying from there, or Thailand is just too good an option.

Thanks

And also, Dubai also i have a friend flying down next month... So how about Dubai ?

1. LED's (46') with WARRANTY are cheapest in Thailand ? How about Singapore/USA ? I have friends in Singapore / USA who would be coming down to India soon. So just wanted to check if it is worth buying from there, or Thailand is just too good an option.

Thanks

And also, Dubai also i have a friend flying down next month... So how about Dubai ?

Singapore is costly than Bangkok in terms of TV's.Dubai is better in pricing than Singapore,have no idea about USA.

You will need to get your TV ( Sony ) registered by dealer or get a stamped Warranty card for TV ( Samsung ) if you want to claim any sort of warranty here in India.

Forget about VAT or queues at Airport, get your warranty card stamped before leaving Thailand or else don't buy it if dealer doesn't give you a stamp warranty card

#[font=arial, sans-serif][/font][font=arial, sans-serif]mohit1981[/font]

Lg 47W5700 was selling only in one place for about 33K THB back in January.

Mohit how good can you please with straight face or bargain a candy with Indian Custom's.I am sure if you can do either of them then you will land very less TAX on your TV.
<

#Anoop Parwani

I have not seen Series 7 TV sets in Pantip or Near by malls.You will mostly find Series 6 TV or Series 8 in higher price range.

Just got a UA40D5500 for 19000 THB from Pantip Plaza, none else was offering lower than this
<
.The 47LW5700 was being offered at about 38000 THB with 4 free 3D Glasses and the UA46D7000 was being offered for about 42000 THB ( not sure about the samsung price, I just forgot what he quoted).

^^

That's good at least you can fight with Samsung India for Warranty with that Stamped Card which they will not recognize due to un matched version number's of TV set's.
<

Thanks

I know US is very cheap.. Not sure if their TV's work in India though due to they using NTSC Systems. Not sure if its PAL compatible as well..

Heres the cheapest site i know off in US -- www.eastcoasttvs.com

Lanny - do u have an email address of the place u purchased th TV from? if the D7000 is around 42000 THB id buy it right now!

Me too would like to have some kind of contact info for the Thailand stores. Will be asking my friend to bring a TV for me.

By the way, if bringing more than 1 TV, how much would it take to get past the customs (Delhi)?

u can email this id for prices --- [font=arial, sans-serif]
src_ramintra@hotmail.com​
[/font]

each person has Rs.25000 allowance. if the price of goods is above that, then 36% Customs duty over that.

u can email this id for prices --- [font=arial, sans-serif]
src_ramintra@hotmail.com​
[/font]
each person has Rs.25000 allowance. if the price of goods is above that, then 36% Customs duty over that.

which means if the cost is Rs. 40000/- then we have to pay 36% tax on remaining Rs. 15000/- only? please correct me>>>

Back