Video HDTV purchase from Bangkok

it belongs to a store. picked it up from its online website -- http://www.src-homelcd.com/store/

yes u can. u can even get away with 2 tv's officially but ull have to pay 36% duty.

if u bribe, ull just have to pay less.

Lanny -- Where were you able to get a quote for the D7000? as you mentioned It wasnt available at Pantip.

it belongs to a store. picked it up from its online website -- http://www.src-homelcd.com/store/

yes u can. u can even get away with 2 tv's officially but ull have to pay 36% duty.

if u bribe, ull just have to pay less.

Lanny -- Where were you able to get a quote for the D7000? as you mentioned It wasnt available at Pantip.

Thanks.

Will ask my friend to give it a try, Time to find some contacts in Delhi airport to get past the customs smoothly
<
(I'm assuming that's where this whole customs process will happen
<
)

Need to shortlist a TV first.

By the way what other stuff is cheaper there? Mobile phones, Home appliances (like Microwaves etc.) Computer related stuff like laptops, mouse, headphones etc.? Are they also available for cheap price?

Although the D7000 was available at Pantip during my visit but I enquired the price outside pantip in Pratunam market I brought my TV from there itself. I dont know the name of the shop but it is owned by an Indian Sardarji. Ask anyone in Pratunam market he will guide you to the whereabouts.I also enquired the SRC Home LCD store over phone for the price of 40D5500 but they quoted a high price of 21490 so I didnt visit the actual shop.

Regarding the duty thing, I would like to share that I and my companion both got 2 40 " LEDs that makes a total of 4. We pooled our baggage allowance with 2 other people on the same flight so just had to pay 2000 bucks extra.

I did not enquire the price of any 3D TV except the ones requested. Except the 40D5500 I just remember that the 32D50000 was retailing for 14k THB.

No, the shop was quited close to Pantip Plaza. I was guided there by a man who called it as "Bangkok LED" but the invoice I recieved says the name as "Lard Yah Gas and Home Appliance Co."

Lanny do u think u could pinpoint it for me on google maps? i usually stay at the pratunam area only so pantip is walking distance for me.

I wanna know if its to the left/right of pantip, across the road or on the same line. how many mins by walk.

Yes I can surely do that but you will have to wait a day or two since I am travelling and dont have a computer at hand. BTW do you have an arrangement for getting TVs to India? I am also interested in getting 2 more of them.

Yes I can surely do that but you will have to wait a day or two since I am travelling and dont have a computer at hand. BTW do you have an arrangement for getting TVs to India? I am also interested in getting 2 more of them.

<

Are you planning to open LLED(Lanny'sLED) section in dealer's paradise?
<

<

gr8 would really appreciate that.

no. no arrangement. just go there, buy them n come back with bribing the officer for less duty.

When are you planning to buy it? In any case, do post in this thread after you get back, or PM me the whole customs experience
<
(incase mod's doesn't want it to be posted here
<
).

@KernelPanic

Lol
<
. Actually I am just amazed to see the price difference on 4 TVs I would be saving about Rs 1 Lakh
<
, so why not install a TV in every bedroom of the house ;-)

Lanny did u check the price of TV's at the small stall on the ground floor of pantip plaza? ppl say hes pretty cheap as well. Or was the indian sardar shop cheaper? also dont forget to help me with the location on maps
<

Yes, I did go to his shop first but he quoted me 20900 for 40D5500 so I was quite disheartened and left, had he offered a price of 18000 I would have bought 4 TVs from him eyes closed. Yes I do remember my words and will surely help you locate btw I have located another Thai dealer's website but the prices aren't updated. You may email him to get the latest prices www.setloft.com

his website prices are crazy lol.

it says 90000 THB for the UA46D7000. Special touch (emailing them for prices) would bring the prices down by half lol.

Back