Audio Headphone for 2-3k

SoMxNeO

Disciple
Hey ppl,
I want to know which is the best headphone that i can get for 2-3k. Will be mostly used for everyday listening, shud be around ear and easy to wear and good in ambient noise. i mostly listen to progressive and trance music, so decent bass and highs but mids shud be good. I will prefer going n buying the headphone personally , so tell me model which i can buy in shops in mumbai.
thx :)

btw.....nething other than sennheiser 202,437 ....coz hav heard them but dint like them....too much bass for my liking

^ There wasn't any need to call him a n00b :|.

Anyways @ the OP , if you can get hold of a RX700 somehow , its the best option for the trance\progressive stuff. The Philips SHP 8900/9000 are pretty good as well but light on bass. Their detailing is far better than the JVCs.

PS : I might be getting rid of my SHP 9000s , let me know incase you are interested.Will be putting up in the market soon :).

hahahaha.......nm fah33m.......we are old friends.....he juz kidding......coz he knows hez the biggest noob in the world ........lol

n btw.....by "their detailing".......u meant the philips 8900/9000???? its juz that m a lil skeptic abt philips.....coz i hav always used sennheiser and sony n right now i hav technics 1200dh.....but that i only use for DJing.

^ Philips cans are one of the most under appreciated cans out there. They don't have that boomy bass or upfront sound .They are quite balanced with slightly bright treble and really good detailing.Also they need good amount of power to be driven properly.

None of the Sennheisers under 5-6k are worth buying,IMO other than entry level HD 201/202. The HD600/650 are the real Senns ;)

You might find some headphones in Sony ,but dont have much idea about that.

SHP 8900 - ~2.9-3k .

SHP 9000- 3.9-4.1K

Those are the retail and ebay prices, you can get is slightly cheaper by using coupons :).

hey btw r u frm mumbai??? actually the thing is i hav an old casio keyboard......that i want to sell off..... n i wana get my headphone in exchange.... will try to sell it off on TE or will try Shalu Music at VT. So which of these gud models can i get at Shalu music????

FaH33m said:
^ I am located in Navi Mumbai . Have no idea about Shalu Music in V.T. :S.

i suppose a music instruments store along fort..

the same lane as McD's

also..

i would also recommend JVC harx700

have the same..was not so detailed when i 1st heard it...i thought maybe my onboard sound as well other players are not able to drive it..

bt now after almost 40-45days of burning (say atleast 2hrs per day usage) those have started to sound very well.

can actually hear the background sound from movies which i never knew existed before with my other headfones or even speakers :ashamed: :p

the base is not boomy on this but maybe that is because i dont listen to music with much of base usually.

those cost me $34 (1.5k) via cousin.

shall cost around 2-2.1k via KMD

i have not heard the philips SHP headfones but faheem can clear which one would be vfm amongst the concerned cans.

also..

the size of harx700 is huge... and unless you probably wouldn't prefer wearing them out on the streets...take that into consideration just incase you want something on the go too...

I already told him that the RX700 is his best option under 3k but there is no way to source them anytime soon as KMD isn't taking orders now.

The RX700 sound really good for the price , only issue is they are not too comfortable nor uncomfortable. ..just that they make my ears get warm & sweat after some time,still using it since 2 weeks now ;).

FaH33m said:
The HD600/650 are the real Senns ;)

And the HD555 as well. ;)

I suppose you haven't heard these open cans. If there's anything else slightly a notch above this one at a not so high price, then that's the AD700. There have been some simple mods to the HD555 as well which improves the soundstage and the detailing of these cans.

^ But they aren't value for money.The SHP 8900 which costs just ~2.9k comes pretty close to the HD555 sound. ;).Anyways Sennheiser's were never supposed to be VFM. hehehe

I found the HD595 to be comparable to HD580. I had both at the same time & I really liked them both.

BTW, you guys are missing the Sennheiser Orpheus & baby Orpheus too.

^LOL how many of the Orpheus were made after all?

Headphones for 16k USD wonly! Pretty affordable for the average audiophile. :lol: :p

Any good amp for sub 3k, and better than E5 to drive a 32 ohm headphone like the SHP 8900/9000 ? I havnt personally used E5, but im not much satisfied by E3's SQ.

Also can E5 be used 24/7 by connecting it to USB port permanently ?

Back