Audio Headphone for 2-3k

^ Yes the E5 can be connected to the PC via USB and used at the same time. :) There aren't any decent headphone amps around 3k. Most will be 5k+.

Check with BF1983, he is getting rid of some of his amps and DAC.The Meir Corda amp as well as Hot Audio DAC. The Hot audio DAC is very powerful and can easily drive the SHP9000 :).

^ I think the Hot audio DAC might , not sure about the Mier Corda amp .PM BF1983 and see. Both the DAC and amp are lot lot better than an E5. ;)

SoMxNeO said:
hey btw r u frm mumbai??? actually the thing is i hav an old casio keyboard......that i want to sell off..... n i wana get my headphone in exchange.... will try to sell it off on TE or will try Shalu Music at VT. So which of these gud models can i get at Shalu music????

ok mate, since i have been to shalu's before, i can be of a bit of help to you..

He stocks sennheisers and so does he stock audio technicas.. The best part abt him is that he is quiet well informed.. take ur mp3 player or gear along with you for he will give you a live demo if u are a serious buyer.. Yes, a demo//

Recently i have taken opinions of people and am not totally convinced with all of em, hence id say, hear em and then buy em...

As per ur requirement, mayb the sennheiser hd-280 pro might fit in. they r lighter on bass as compared to the hd-555's but the detailing is a couple of notch above.. He has both so u can request for a demo....cheers

edge111hussain said:
He stocks sennheisers and so does he stock audio technicas..

Whoa! Need to check this guy out!

BTW, the HD555 are decent cans, but a couple of other options like AD700 in the same price range don't really make it very VFM. The HD555 also need a bit of amping to really shine.

^^^^

hey i honestly feel the sound signature is different.

u can compare the 700,s to the 280 pros, 555 has a different SS altogether.

You know i did get a chance to hear the hd-600's at sennheiser itself when i had gone there to xchange my cx-500's. Weird enuf, i dint like it too much.. The rep was just satrring at me when i told him, i feel no love for these cans :) couple of days back i heard the denon 2000's at HP and for me, for my taste, they rate over the 600 (i know nobody will agree to this so no arguments on it brother).

Hence i told SoMxNeO, if possi, go check the sound stage and then pick up the cans..

its like women u know, there is one for everyone out there, but what might be d best in town 4 u, might not be my taste :)

Denon D2000 are indeed one of the best cans out there and stuck in my heads since ages :(.

By the way , that store in V.T has the Audio Techica range for audition as well ? AD-700 /A900 etc ?

^Oy, if you guys are planning to pick up one, let me know. I'm planning to buy a AD700 or the closed ones such as the A900 - will ask for a discount. :p

Might pick up a TubeMagic D1 next month.

^ I am gonna upgrade only by May end ,when I have enough cash saved. Till then will keep researching ,not able to decide how to spend 150-250$ .Either one awesome can or one awesome portable amp or a cans like AD700 with some other upgrades :p

^Good enough. Can wait until then. I've almost zeroed down to a A900 + Mav D1. Until something else comes up. D1 is almost confirmed since I can hook my PS3/PC/aux inputs to it.

Don't want to directly jump to high-end cans such as the DT880. :ashamed:

FaH33m said:
Denon D2000 are indeed one of the best cans out there and stuck in my heads since ages :(.

By the way , that store in V.T has the Audio Techica range for audition as well ? AD-700 /A900 etc ?

when i had visited him, he had the ad-700's. But i just needed a demo for the 555's and the 280 pro which he very readily gave me.
I have been seeing quiet a few akg's ard too in south mumbai malls.. Anyone feeling love for the 701's or 702's??? :)

^^^

the usual cut bro on mrp. different brands carry different cuts
if sennheiser is what ur looking for, their office and ther distributor for maharashtra r based out of andheri..
im sure u will get a good idea from em.. I had spoken to one Mr kamble from sennheiser and he had put me on to the distributor

Desecrator said:
^Oy, if you guys are planning to pick up one, let me know. I'm planning to buy a AD700 or the closed ones such as the A900 - will ask for a discount. :p

Might pick up a TubeMagic D1 next month.

I have already planned on buying the AD700. The only problem is I have absolutely no cash. :p

@edge - How much does he sell the AD700, AD900 for? Does he have other AT's like M50 too?

^VB I think me and faheem can wait until May end. Beg/borrow/steal by then. :p

I'll probably buy the DAC this month-end then.

viralbug said:
I have already planned on buying the AD700. The only problem is I have absolutely no cash. :p

@edge - How much does he sell the AD700, AD900 for? Does he have other AT's like M50 too?
hey man, i wudnt know that,, but like i said, u cud get d details of the store from the sennheiser office (no on home page) and chk with the dealer himself of what he is currently stocking..

The thing is, i neva quiet liked the sound signature of the audio tehcnica, hence didnt bother asking.
Sennheiser i know he gives 10% off on mrp but through dealers in chennai and a particular store in Heera panna sells @ 15% off on mrp on all brands

edge111hussain said:
^^^^
You know i did get a chance to hear the hd-600's at sennheiser itself when i had gone there to xchange my cx-500's. Weird enuf, i dint like it too much.. The rep was just satrring at me when i told him, i feel no love for these cans :) couple of days back i heard the denon 2000's at HP and for me, for my taste, they rate over the 600 (i know nobody will agree to this so no arguments on it brother).

I doubt the HD600s were driven properly. The HD600/HD650 need awesome amount of power to drive them. :(

I learnt that the hard way when I just realized that I have never properly driven my HD650s for the past year two years that I had them. :(

And everyones tastes are different. The HD650 is a laid back can and people who listen to fast paced music will be disappointed while people who listen to music with lots of vocals will like them.

edge111hussain said:
when i had visited him, he had the ad-700's. But i just needed a demo for the 555's and the 280 pro which he very readily gave me.

I have been seeing quiet a few akg's ard too in south mumbai malls.. Anyone feeling love for the 701's or 702's??? :)

AKGs :O Where ? Do they let you audition ? The 701s were there on my list as well but going by the reviews the bass doesnt seem to suit electronic music .Anyways would love to try them , please share the details.

Desecrator said:
Don't want to directly jump to high-end cans such as the DT880. :ashamed:

The A900 that you plan to get and DT880 are in the same price range :bleh: .

Back