PC Peripherals Headphones under 6K-7K

adikumar2010

Disciple
I am looking for headphones to be used in this ratio : 40% Gaming - 35% Music - 25% Movie/TV Series and will be mostly connected to a PC & sometimes on PS4. Very rarely with mobile.

These are my main uses :
Games - Apex Legends, Hyperscape, RUST
Music - Trap & Bass, Dubstep, Moombahton, Hip-Hop/Rap (Mostly heavy bass songs)
Movie/Series - All types

I don't think Bluetooth headphones are good for gaming coz of latency. I am fine with wired ones & I don't think I can get 2.4Ghz wireless in this budget. Looks don't matter at all. My focus is only overall sound quality.

I did little research & found that many gaming headphones are usually not good in bass as they lack deep bass. Also I think if sometimes I will be connecting them to mobile then I should stick with 3.5mm jack. But I can sacrifice connectivity options for great sound quality, so even if the headset can only be used with PC but has top sound quality then I will buy it.

If you're still searching, can look into M40X, I don't game, but for music etc.should work...has plenty of bass.

It's a fantastic headphone for sure ( definitely better than M40X) but the soundstage is very intimate.
The sound signature of hd25 won't please everyone ( specially if not familiar with very fast bass decay and sharp treble) but I love them.
HD25 though can be powered by a mobile phone, to tame the treble, it needs extremely powerful amps. It turns into a different headphone when used with a VERY powerful amp.

If you love bass, get the Sony xb950b1. There is a refurb piece for sale just under your budget on Amazon. You'll need to buy a trrs cable though. The stock cable is trs and does not support the mic

It's a fantastic headphone for sure ( definitely better than M40X) but the soundstage is very intimate.
The sound signature of hd25 won't please everyone ( specially if not familiar with very fast bass decay and sharp treble) but I love them.
HD25 though can be powered by a mobile phone, to tame the treble, it needs extremely powerful amps. It turns into a different headphone when used with a VERY powerful amp.
wouldnt it be better to go with JBL/Corsair/HyperX for gaming needs and considering the budget

Yes, for gaming it's possibly not a good headphone.
The imaging is extremely accurate and precise but it's a very narrow in your head experience. Plus it's not a very comfortable headphone.
What about HD598? Sounds great, wide soundstage.
Sorry, I shouldn't have poked my nose in this topic as I don't play games and know nothing about gaming headphones.

I don't think gaming has any such requirements for headphones, but a mic a def needed for multiplayer games.
Sennheiser's don't usually include a mic so will need something like a boom moda.

Back