OC & Modding Help with Overclock needed

i have seen this behavious in past with D43 sticks. As i told you on msn even with manual timing config my hynix never worked properly with DDR133 divider. it never did. Not on ASUS and not on DFi. It works just fine at DDR140-150 and every other imahinable divider but strangly it didnt work at DDR133.

funkymonkey said:
i have seen this behavious in past with D43 sticks. As i told you on msn even with manual timing config my hynix never worked properly with DDR133 divider. it never did. Not on ASUS and not on DFi. It works just fine at DDR140-150 and every other imahinable divider but strangly it didnt work at DDR133.

what to do with the 2.404 Ghz limit I am hitting? It can run fine upto 2.6 Ghz but prime95 craps out in like 5 secs. I have taken HTT upto 300 now, no probs. Just the 2.4 Ghz limit of CPU. Temps are fine. Increasing Vcore upto 1.55 V is not helping much. With my Hyper 6+ the load temps are like 44 C after 30 mins of CSS.

Anyone who helps me break 2.6 Ghz gets Rs 200/- :) :) :)

Karan

goldenfrag said:
Like i said. Get TwinMOS or Transcend!
Dude, dont expect anything spectacular with Hynix Ram.
Get it replaced and see your PC flying :eek:hyeah:

how exactly will Twinmos or Transcend help yaar?

They both have 3-3-3 timings at 200 and maybe will go up to 220 Mhz (since they are 1 GB parts), how will it help a lot? I am facing a CPU barrier now. Not going over 2.4 Ghz even tho load temps are ~ 42 C

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Karan

yeah... just getting your RAM replaced will not help your CPU oc. :rofl: :rofl:

Why dont you try upping your voltage??

And what is the stepping of your CPU?? Maybe you have got a dud like me :p

kidoman said:
how exactly will Twinmos or Transcend help yaar?

They both have 3-3-3 timings at 200 and maybe will go up to 220 Mhz (since they are 1 GB parts), how will it help a lot? I am facing a CPU barrier now. Not going over 2.4 Ghz even tho load temps are ~ 42 C

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Karan
Well I've managed 270 odd with twinmos UCCC ;).

Edit: How's your powersupply behaving? What are the voltages like?

maybe you have reached the limit of the cpu. Maybe it is a bad one.

Just becuse the temps are low does not mean it will go higher.

1) include ur system configuration in ur signature. (I think it should be mandatory for those asking technical question / query atleast. it saves a lot of guessing on the part of those willing to reply and reverse query posts / bandwidth too)
2) increase ur vcore to about 1.6 ~ 1.64V. after 2.4~2.5Ghz most of the A64 Venice core cpu's require a quantum jump in Vcore to be prime95 or super pi 32M stable after they reach these speeds.

deejay said:
1) include ur system configuration in ur signature. (I think it should be mandatory for those asking technical question / query atleast. it saves a lot of guessing on the part of those willing to reply and reverse query posts / bandwidth too)
2) increase ur vcore to about 1.6 ~ 1.64V. after 2.4~2.5Ghz most of the A64 Venice core cpu's require a quantum jump in Vcore to be prime95 or super pi 32M stable after they reach these speeds.

max vcore in my msi mobo = 1.59 V, so i think i am screwed.........

anyone wants to exchange a proper venice with me? i mean if u hv upgraded i would be happy to exchange with another venice 3000+

help me guys............

i will update my siggi now...........

karan

And how many fans (case fans + the normal and mandatory ones on the m/b + gfx card etc.) ....??
ur psu could be an issue.especially the 12V rails.
you have 3 HDD's + 2 optical drives connected. try to reduce it to 2 HDD's + 1 optical drive.
which gfx card ?? since you have mentioned the ASUS 6200TC as "standby".

Then try to get the max cpu speed (at 1.59V Vcore) keeping the memory at stock speed of 200 mhz (or as close to it as possible using a suitable divisor.)

@ 1.6V Vcore , and around 280 ~290 mhz FSB, booting to xp desktop should not be a problem.

Nikhil said:
He has ordered the XFX 7800GT as a graphics card. HE is using the 6200TC as standby till then.

^^true

but i checked the volates and found that the 12 V one was around 12.02 V. Thats cool na? My Vcore keeps fluctuationg, like going fro 1.55 to 1.58V. Dunno why...........................

I guess I am screwed. Man 2.4 Ghz only hurts.

Back