Highest paying Tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Senior Project Managers :) ..
The thing is Our client which is a Top Insurance provider had only Reverse engineering Projects for SAS so that they can migrate to a different Framework (keeping in line with the business functionality being achieved), similar case with some other banking clients. My point was to highlight the fact that SAS is quite old and nowadays people want to move away from it, we couldnt find ppl to work on SAS do the entire Service order was dropped. You are talking about it from a Business Intelligence perspective right :ashamed:

@Darthcoder - I was not sure abt PMP. As for others not sure so no flaming. :)

@Marcus and trigger - Been hearing a lot about BI /DW. Though still confused as to how they are different. My company uses Datastage and Cognos. Limited knowledge says Datastage - ETL....Cognos - Reporting. More info on this please.

@Boo - No comments.

@Sushant - I stand by apxetwin..dying tech.

@Apxetwin - SPMs - Not many companies have this designation....in ours we have APM too. Associate Project Manager :p You have to ask what the heck is that.

Gaurish said:
Like you care if its a site or new technology. from your post, it seems you only need lot of money. well, Facebook gives "lot of money" if you can manage to get in:p
This keeps getting better. As I said not much knowledge on IT industry...FB pay is waaaaayyy less for people working in FB ads setup. It is more like a Call center job.
For those who are curious..I am working on Mainframes tech in BFSI domain. 3 yrs down..still to cross the magical barrier of 4.

Even if there is a consensus here that XYZ Tech is the highest paying no one is gonna hire you if you just complete some tech certifications. They ask for concrete Project Background as Practical know how is a must. So I am curious how you are going to pull it off coming from a Mainframe background?
Anyways i would suggest you get working on Mobile development as its an Upcoming field and most of the companies dont ask for in depth knowledge regarding this.
If possible get in touch with the Pre sales team of your Company to find out the Service Queries they are recieving in your Domain.

apextwin146 said:
Even if there is a consensus here that XYZ Tech is the highest paying no one is gonna hire you if you just complete some tech certifications. They ask for concrete Project Background as Practical know how is a must. So I am curious how you are going to pull it off coming from a Mainframe background?

Anyways i would suggest you get working on Mobile development as its an Upcoming field and most of the companies dont ask for in depth knowledge regarding this.

If possible get in touch with the Pre sales team of your Company to find out the Service Queries they are recieving in your Domain.

The plan is to see if my company has any projects on that tech. If yes, do the cert and move from Mainframes -> Tech..if that sounds like a plan? So that answers that problem.

"Mobile Dev" sounds too generic. Anything specific in mind? And I am working for an in-house company so no pre-sales and service queries.

Trust me you are in such a wrong place. Mainframe folks do not earn this less. These legacy technologies do pay more, provided you know where to be.

I am a SAS guy and will be completing 6 yrs in a while. On paper I've crossed 14. Not only me, all the folks around in the same tech are in the same ballpark.

Now tell me back that this dying tech doesn't pay.

Vasishta.Sushant said:
Trust me you are in such a wrong place. Mainframe folks do not earn this less. These legacy technologies do pay more, provided you know where to be.

I am a SAS guy and will be completing 6 yrs in a while. On paper I've crossed 14. Not only me, all the folks around in the same tech are in the same ballpark.
Now tell me back that this dying tech doesn't pay.
Sushant, SAS is more of a BI domain tech which in itself is a high paying domain as many in the thread has pointed out. So please dont tell me pure mainframe development / support pay is good.
I am on AS400 and my BFSI company *the one who should not be named* has been doing a number on most of our team. Outside with my exp..6 sounds too much to ppl.

archish said:
There is no good tech as such in IT :p
Keep jumping in a year or two and make hay when the sun shines :p
Best way to go but not much of a risk taker. :)

It all depends on 'Demand and Supply'

Also your skill and experience counts. Highly skilled technical resources always command a good package, specially in SAP.

If its a Niche technology, good resources will be hard to find, so accordingly one can command the package

For instance, my friend working in such a niche technology got 100% hike during the recession period with a low pay master. They desperately needed good resource.

^Even I couldn't think of anything else :p . Well even I wanna know about high paying techs as much as the OP guy .

@OP, by any chance..... are you working in Wipro? :)

anyway, I've heard a lot about Demantra now. My batch mate was lucky enough to do some shadow resource type of work in this. But he learnt the tech quickly and now gets 11.5Lac for a total experience of less than 4 yrs. Hardly more than 1 year in Demantra! Thats a little less than 3x my sal :(

^^ Nope not Wipro..there are many Indian companies which turn you over as described.

Demantra, thats new. It seems kind of ERP/CRM technology. But the pay sounds too much. 1+yr 11.5? In Wipro itself?

^ lol.. obviously not in Wipro.

I think it was Sapient or something. Not sure. He was just a batch mate not really a friend type. Basically, he first jumped to a company which was paying him around 8L. That it self was a 100% jump over his Wipro pay. He was there for 3 months and them he jumped again and got this one. This was in first half of 2010 when the jobs market was red hot. Its cooled down a lot now. I'm predicting a new recession next year hehe...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

pradeep200417 said:
You should be worth every penny of it.

We get what we deserve.
That is absolutely NOT true. You just have to spend some time in one of the Indian IT companies to see what kind of cartoons are employed here and what kind of pay they get. It has to do a lot with luck, being at the right place at right time (cliche, I know, but its true.), good contacts etc..

pretttt said:
^ lol.. obviously not in Wipro.

I think it was Sapient or something. Not sure. He was just a batch mate not really a friend type. Basically, he first jumped to a company which was paying him around 8L. That it self was a 100% jump over his Wipro pay. He was there for 3 months and them he jumped again and got this one. This was in first half of 2010 when the jobs market was red hot. Its cooled down a lot now. I'm predicting a new recession next year hehe...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

That is absolutely NOT true. You just have to spend some time in one of the Indian IT companies to see what kind of cartoons are employed here and what kind of pay they get. It has to do a lot with luck, being at the right place at right time (cliche, I know, but its true.), good contacts etc..
Thought so ....Sapient pay is too much from what I have heard. One of my batch mates (yeah not the friend type :) ) was employed in Sales...salary was too good. I am not really sure about jumping so early and so quickly. Though one of my acquittance jumped 3 companies in 2 yrs to take his salary from 6 to 17 .

pradeep200417 said:
You should be worth every penny of it.

We get what we deserve.
This absolute BS. These days many people are using fake exp to get into DI/W/Middleware getting starting 8-9 lakhs..Are they worth ? Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back