Highest paying Tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretttt said:
^ lol.. obviously not in Wipro.

I think it was Sapient or something. Not sure. He was just a batch mate not really a friend type. Basically, he first jumped to a company which was paying him around 8L. That it self was a 100% jump over his Wipro pay. He was there for 3 months and them he jumped again and got this one. This was in first half of 2010 when the jobs market was red hot. Its cooled down a lot now. I'm predicting a new recession next year hehe...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

That is absolutely NOT true. You just have to spend some time in one of the Indian IT companies to see what kind of cartoons are employed here and what kind of pay they get. It has to do a lot with luck, being at the right place at right time (cliche, I know, but its true.), good contacts etc..
I have spent 3 years in a top IT company. This is my first job.

I know what you mean by cartoons.

But i have also seen that, if you are worth it and you can show that you are worth every penny, then salary is never gonna be a problem.

I know one of my friends who gets 17lakhs per annum with just 8 years of experience and he deserves it.

^Yea, I'm not saying that ONLY cartoons get high salaries! Most people who get good salaries really do deserve it.

But, I think I misunderstood the tone of your earlier statement. I thought you were assuming that OP was not good at his work and so he wasnt getting a good salary.

But, now I think you meant, 'Just be good in your work and high salary will automatically come'. (Am I reading it right now?)

This is also debatable, IMO.

pradeep200417 said:
I have spent 3 years in a top IT company. This is my first job.

I know what you mean by cartoons.

But i have also seen that, if you are worth it and you can show that you are worth every penny, then salary is never gonna be a problem.

I know one of my friends who gets 17lakhs per annum with just 8 years of experience and he deserves it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sharktale1212 said:
Pradeep this is also my first job..been here for 3 yrs...tell me what you are getting now. More than 4.0 at least ? Well I am not touching that too. Do have a look at my earlier posts where I have clearly mentioned ...most my team is toast...not only me..so no pointing in showing expert or not. My last performance meeting went like this.."You have been excellent....but we are giving you an average rating." There was no reason as to why.
Dude, then start reading up and sharpening your skill and change your freaking job.
It is high time, lamenting about your situation on public forums wont help you.

Darthcoder said:
Dude, then start reading up and sharpening your skill and change your freaking job.

It is high time, lamenting about your situation on public forums wont help you.
Dude..I am not lamenting..read the first post...the thread was to identify the tech I could change to. But then people had to come in with their opinion about human behavior and psychology. Inspite of reminding again and again there have been some OT posts too. I think there was even a post ..asking my exp and expectation which I dint answer.

Oh well..seems like a good advice, removing my post and sticking to the topic.

sharktale1212 said:
Dude..I am not lamenting..read the first post...the thread was to identify the tech I could change to. But then people had to come in with their opinion about human behavior and psychology. Inspite of reminding again and again there have been some OT posts too. I think there was even a post ..asking my exp and expectation which I dint answer.

Oh well..seems like a good advice, removing my post and sticking to the topic.
Its not about tech skills or the tech.

First things is you should like what you do.

Even if you change jobs or tech, you will still have to deal with people around you.

They might be pricks, sugar coated bastards or may be good.

Its how you deal with the people that matters.

pradeep200417 said:
Its not about tech skills or the tech.
First things is you should like what you do.
Even if you change jobs or tech, you will still have to deal with people around you.
They might be pricks, sugar coated bastards or may be good.
Its how you deal with the people that matters.
WTF! How is it possible :S
With only 3 yrs Exp you have learnt the biggest trade secret!
Its called People Skills or Social IQ, maybe you want to use these terms instead of writing 6-7 lines next time :p

apextwin146 said:
WTF! How is it possible :S

With only 3 yrs Exp you have learnt the biggest trade secret!

Its called People Skills or Social IQ, maybe you want to use these terms instead of writing 6-7 lines next time :p
Yeah i know thats called people skills, but wanted to make my point clear.

The reason i know this is because i started observing.

2 people with almost similar skills and similar brains.

They should be in similar positions. But No.

One is at top and the other is not.

One gets lot of respect and the other not so much.

One is approachable and other is not.

Key difference was the People Skills. :)

Slightly OT, but another way to make more dough is to work in UAE,KSA or US. Finding jobs in Gulf is easy.

finding Jobs in Gulf is easy but living there is impossible. Most of the people i know live constantly in fear, face Racism among other things not to mention other umpteen number of restrictions. Its like sacrificing all your self respect and pride for some cash. If you really wanna do that then there are other ways which are more rewarding :p

sharktale1212 said:
^^^^ Dude what are you? Do I have to repeat it 10 times...stick to the topic. If not, please take this Guru stuff somewhere else.
Trying to be Selft-Appointed Mod? if are NOT comfortable with particular post. just "report" it and mods will take care of it, if they find something wrong with it:)

Gaurish said:
Trying to be Selft-Appointed Mod? if are NOT comfortable with particular post. just "report" it and mods will take care of it, if they find something wrong with it:)
You are persistence personified , aren't you? After getting whopped over the Facebook suggestion you just couldn't sit quite, could you? Just need to somehow derail the thread, right? Have it your way.

Mods please close the thread.
@others: Thanks for helping me out. I had a talk with my HR. My company is also working in DW/BI domain. Moving out to Cognos team once I am done with my course. Need to complete Oracle -> ETL tool (DataStage) -> Cognos 8.3 from an external institute. Once done complete the IBM certification of Cognos, if successful then company will pay the bills + new Tech job.

Has anyone lurked into Messaging domain ?? i have seen a peer with strong skills in MOSS+ Exchange getting 12L in mumbai. ..another tech that earns well is SAN admin. same bracket...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back