Hindi Series Discuss (neflix, amazon prime, youtube, etc.)

saw Shaitan . 5/10.
Average movie. Acting was decent and plot starts pretty well too. It gets intense for a while and then goes down very soon.

Its becomes very stupid from half way and towards the end.

Special Ops - Darn same problem all over again. Neither the level of direction is there, nor is the intent to deliver a crisp product. They know that the series will grab plaudits from the audience who are fine with mediocre stuff. Ending really was something that warranted hauling of the director over hot coals.

6/10
Haven't reached the end yet but Special OPS is not bad. Considering it has to remain credible within an Indian context I've found it engaging so far

I haven't checked out panchayat yet but heard good reviews about it. I got a mini heart attack reading that Panchayat has few sex scenes. I recommended this to my mother who is currently watching it on daily basis.
Well you are fine because it doesn't and is quite nice if you are not a fan of in your face comedy shows and movies.

Finished watching Undekhi Season 1 yesterday. Really good start to the show. I'm mainly interested in the show because Dibyendu Bhattacharya is there and I love his acting. Harsh Chhaya as Papaji is fun to watch with his best friend... a glass of Scotch. :D

So far plot is good but that ending though caught me by suppprise...

Teji suddenly shown driving the Ambulance carrying Koyal o_O

I know things will turn crazy now but can't help myself from saying a little prayer and starting S02!

Last edited:
The Family Man Season 2 - 6/10, Below expectation also too much Tamil involved (No disrespect though, its just I don't know the language) which made it difficult to watch with subtitles

I thought Special ops was good but Family man kicks it up a level because the script is so well written. Keeps you engaged, good comedy at points and you really connect with the characters.

Credible because it's based off real life newspaper reports with a healthy dose of artistic license thrown in.

And if that wasn't good enough season 2 tops season 1 while bringing through some characters from the previous season.

I thought the scene where the Marathi government agents get accidentally caught at a crime scene and pleading innocence in hindi while in jail to the woman constable who blasts them back in Tamil was priceless :D

The one actor that stood out was the woman that played the LTTE commando. Looks delicate in her press photos but she is unbelievably lethal in this role. A petite south indian woman thrashing men isn't credible but it works here and she did her own stunts too. Great acting all throughout.

Can't wait for season 3 and we got a hint what it will be about. Just wish they got it done as season 2 ended 2021(?) but maybe scheduling or whatever other conflicts delayed it.

This series is a definite must watch 8/10 with zero bollywood cheese. You will need subtitles as the second season does have lots of Tamil in it. I'm fine with subtitles even in English as I don't always catch what is said.

Last edited:
Well you are fine because it doesn't and is quite nice if you are not a fan of in your face comedy shows and movies.
I haven't watched any Hindi movies or series since I am hearing impaired and not able to find Hindi (or hinglish) srt files for it. I mostly download torrent encodes and they usually do not include srt in Hindi shows and movies. (They are in generally in English though but it doesn't quite deliver the same impact.)

I haven't watched any Hindi movies or series since I am hearing impaired and not able to find Hindi (or hinglish) srt files for it. I mostly download torrent encodes and they usually do not include srt in Hindi shows and movies. (They are in generally in English though but it doesn't quite deliver the same impact.)
I feel that due to being hearing impared, your best bet is to actually subscribe to the services because most torrents of Hindi shows don't include sub titles (but few uploaders include every language subtitles available on original source).
You won't find Hinglish subtitles at all. It would be purely English ones.
I download everything and don't have any subscription.
Thank god.

It is one of the best shows, you won't be disappointed.

Back