Hindi Series Discuss (neflix, amazon prime, youtube, etc.)

tried to watch Bad Boy Billionaires: India
E1 - Vijay Mallya - was okeyish at max.. boring as hell.
E2 - Nirav Modi - Super tatti, far away form facts and ground reality, anyone who understand semi-primary level economics can easily call out BS of this. - stopped in middle.
rest didn't bothered to watch.

There is nothing objectionable that people are going to court ( those are all PR stunts) in-fact this documentary is trying hard to make mehul choksi & nirav modi portray as heroes and they are just victim of time.
Far far away to be tagged a documentaries. No fact finding, majority of the clips were lifted off TV news channel, with some narratives like interviews by their friends and families.

Pathetically made, don't waste time in those.

tried to watch Bad Boy Billionaires: India
E1 - Vijay Mallya - was okeyish at max.. boring as hell.
E2 - Nirav Modi - Super tatti, far away form facts and ground reality, anyone who understand semi-primary level economics can easily call out BS of this. - stopped in middle.
rest didn't bothered to watch.

There is nothing objectionable that people are going to court ( those are all PR stunts) in-fact this documentary is trying hard to make mehul choksi & nirav modi portray as heroes and they are just victim of time.
Far far away to be tagged a documentaries. No fact finding, majority of the clips were lifted off TV news channel, with some narratives like interviews by their friends and families.

Pathetically made, don't waste time in those.

I completed the 2nd Ep and one is remaining, NF will not allow anything more (like political leader/parties name-calling) than this, it may become banned and NF platform may land into the legal problem - Though they completely state at which points everything starts going wrong.....Yeah, they didn't show the side of the affected people views.

There must be another season/conclusion when these villains are convicted at Indian soil and locked up in Indian jail (If such day ever come)

Last edited:
Two marvelous series from TVF, For kids & family. Number One. "Yeh Meri Family", Another "Kota Factory".

TVF also have 3 seasons of "Aam Aadmi Family". 'Panchayat" too from TVF has also been suggested.

I guess most of the Hindi web series are garbage except a few like Sacred Games and Kota Factory. :) Better not waste your time watching. Better watch other all time popular shows like Spartacus, Narcos, GOT, Fargo, Rome, House of Card etc.

Scam 1992 on SonyLIV. WHAT A GODDAMN SERIES !
Based on Harshad Mehta scam. Pratik Gandhi is a talent to watch out for - impeccable acting, superb writing, pacing, direction. This is a 10/10 show - right there with the big ones on NF and Prime.

Is it safe for family watching? Any abuses/Sex scene?

Scam 1992.. 8.5/10 for me. It was a good watch but not something which has been occupying my mind (like Joker) even after it ended so it is not a 9+ rating IMO.

Mirzapur S2 - 5/10. Dragged a lot and I think they hired the GOT writers who started killing everyone for no reason whatsoever.

Just bumping to get people involved and suggest web series.
Also filmfare OTT awards were announced and Paatal Lok and Family Man scored most awards. Feels good that my cousin also got Filmfare for Paatal Lok screen play.

Edit: read somewhere that timeline for shows was Aug 2019 to Jul 2020 so I guess greats like Scam 1992, Mirzapur 2 etc were not even in contention.

Last edited:
Recently rewatched the whole sarabhai vs sarabhai on Disney. Surprisingly fun to watch and doesn't feel like an outdated hindi soap opera most of the times despite being from 2004-7

Recently rewatched the whole sarabhai vs sarabhai on Disney. Surprisingly fun to watch and doesn't feel like an outdated hindi soap opera most of the times despite being from 2004-7
Really. I felt the other way around. It was and still isn't bad compared to other Hindi soaps, but I felt it didn't have the same charm as when I had watched it originally. I guess I have watched so much other stuff since then that what felt like great comedy back then, only felt mediocre to me this time, especially if you consider the Hindi stuff available on OTT platforms these days, or series from TVF and other comedians like Zakir Khan, Anirban Dasgupta.

Really. I felt the other way around. It was and still isn't bad compared to other Hindi soaps, but I felt it didn't have the same charm as when I had watched it originally. I guess I have watched so much other stuff since then that what felt like great comedy back then, only felt mediocre to me this time, especially if you consider the Hindi stuff available on OTT platforms these days, or series from TVF and other comedians like Zakir Khan, Anirban Dasgupta.
Yep not comparing it to other content available.

For me it was the other way around. It was the first family serial i have watched since then, that time as well i had watched few episodes only. Wasn't into the whole tv thing in my childhood and teen years.

Maybe that's why I found it refreshing.
Anyways we quite enjoyed it watching it together, make of it what you will.

For the stand-up comedians i am not into that. Tried many as my wife likes them but i hardly laugh through any of those for some reason so just stopped.

Watched few new series (black widows) rating -1
and few more watched EP1 and wasted time dont want you all to watch/download/waste internet on same.

Back