Host your own Win 7 launch parties supported by MS

I'm also finalist of Win 7 Party hosts ;)

Also got confirmation that I'll get a copy ;)

win7.jpg

win71.jpg

Already invited about 23 friends, let's see what happens then ;)

I'm just waiting for the Party package (only the Windows 7 Ultimate) that I'm gonna receive..

Party Package

What will be in my Windows 7 Launch Party Package?

All hosts will receive:

* One limited Signature Edition Windows® 7 Ultimate

* One Deck of Playing Cards with Windows® 7 Desktop Design

* One Puzzle with Windows® 7 Desktop Design

* One Poster with Windows® 7 Desktop Design

* Ten Tote Bags with Windows® 7 Desktop Design for hosts and guests

* One table top centerpiece for decoration

* One package of Windows® 7 napkins

Party Pack Shipping details – party packs will be delivered by October 10, 2009. If you have any questions about your party pack, please contact english.help@houseparty.co

John Anderton said:
They have to think about costs as well. A copy of Win7 isn't cheap but that's not a big deal. Sending the package to a couple of thousand people takes a lot of money. Then they also have to ensure a good percentage of them will actually invite people and not just keep the stuff. At the end of the day, they want to publicize the fact that Win7 is a great OS and the best way to do that is low level marketing by geeks for a fraction of the cost of what it costs them to use the media (and for software, people don't really look at media as much).

Ya that's true... Publicity by geeks costs a fraction than media. Moreover they get targetted audience by this way than just bulk numbers from media. So it's a win-win situation in this case :)

Sandy said:
Says

Your address is outside the U.S. and can not be validated at this time.
:no:

that's not a problem.... it's just regarding validation. When I had registered I too got the same message. But I am selected as host :D

When did you apply? I had applied quite early. The applications are closed now when I just checked. If you had applied late, that might have affected it.
Just read this in FAQ:

The 25 character product key included in the inside left panel of the 32-bit Signature Edition (black sleeve) should be used for either 64-bit or 32-bit installation. This key is only valid for one installation.

Does it mean that it's valid for ONE machine or just ONE TIME installation. Does it mean that if I format and then re-install it won't be valid? :( If that's the case screw M$ :mad:

amol_cool said:
that's not a problem.... it's just regarding validation. When I had registered I too got the same message. But I am selected as host :D

When did you apply? I had applied quite early. The applications are closed now when I just checked. If you had applied late, that might have affected it.
Just read this in FAQ:

Does it mean that it's valid for ONE machine or just ONE TIME installation. Does it mean that if I format and then re-install it won't be valid? :( If that's the case screw M$ :mad:
It will be valid on 1 machine at a time. You can install N no of times, does not matter.

All retail keys are always for single user / machine. OEM / Enterprise keys are multi user.

Shripad said:
It will be valid on 1 machine at a time. You can install N no of times, does not matter.

All retail keys are always for single user / machine. OEM / Enterprise keys are multi user.

Well that's ok then :) I just wanted to confirm that I can format as many times as I want :D

Rahulrulez said:
^^ That means, I will be able to use that disk with my PC with Multiple installation?

Me too was concerned about the SAME thing.

Sandy said:
Says

Your address is outside the U.S. and can not be validated at this time.
:no:

Mine says Your address is currently invalid. Maybe that is the reason I got rejected? Though now it says Active Applicant instead of not a finalist!

Launch Party Host Confirmed....

Seems that i am hosting windows 7 launch party...

Venue Kalaptaru CHS, CBD Belapur Navi Mumbai...., Date 24 OCT 2009 Saturday 7:30pm

Any body lives nearby interested ... drop me a pm

Seems like i have to finally install windows 7....

Anybody willing to lend / Rent / Sell me his graphics card...

4770,4850 , gtx250 , gtx260 plz do contact...
I am a serious windows server as workstaion user... (2003-->x64 2003R2-->presently X64 2008 ...

Maybe i will get Legit copy Windows 7 server (ie 2008 R2)by that time...

using that will be fun....

does anybody know..... if these guys will be providing booze else seriously

my friends will have no incentive to come.... as we look at computer screens

8hrs a day for living...

Crazysah said:
Where is the button to click and setup your party?

Login > My Dashboard > Setup my Party

Rahulrulez said:
^ You must have been registered with US website for HouseParty.. Indian peoples needed to Host a party with UK's website House Party UK > Party Nation

Yeah, just clicking the India link took us to the UK site which did the rest :)

amol_cool said:

No. It means one serial number.. Like every other MS OS serial number is allowed for 4 activations and there after needs a phone activation (so I've heard). So essentially you can keep installing it as long as you want :)
I already have a Win7 serial number and I've used the same one on my laptop (x64) and desktop (x86).

SauravR said:
does anybody know..... if these guys will be providing booze else seriously
my friends will have no incentive to come.... as we look at computer screens
8hrs a day for living...

You just get the party package which has (as quoted by House Party UK FAQ)
House Party UK FAQ said:
All hosts will receive:
  • One limited Signature Edition Windows® 7 Ultimate
  • One Puzzle with Windows® 7 Desktop Design
  • One Poster with Windows® 7 Desktop Design
  • Ten Tote Bags with Windows® 7 Desktop Design for hosts and guests
  • One table top centerpiece for decoration
  • One package of Windows® 7 napkins

Party Pack Shipping details – party packs will be delivered by October 10, 2009. If you have any questions about your party pack, please contact english.help@houseparty.com

I registered in the houseparty site but till now didn't get any replies from Microsoft.

Anybody in same condition?

When I log in to the site, it displays that "YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED ON 21ST SEPT ABOUT YOUR STATUS."

But today is Sept 26.

Is this means that I am disqualified?

Edit: I registered on the 4th September.

got the confirmation mail :)

Congratulations... You are a Windows 7 Launch Party host!!

Because you were among the first host finalists to set up your party online, you are confirmed as a host and will be receiving a free party package to share with your guests shortly before the party.

Packages will be posted in time to arrive before your party date. Check your free party site regularly for news on what's in your package, when it's been sent out, and when you can expect it to arrive.

and as mentioned earlier, the package includes:

* One limited Signature Edition Windows® 7 Ultimate :hap2: :eek:hyeah: :clap:

(Both 32-bit and 64-bit full retail versions. But only 1 product key, meaning you can either install JUST the 32-bit version or JUST the 64-bit version. You are more than welcome to install both on one computer and decide what version works best for you and activate the version you choose!)

* One Puzzle with Windows® 7 Desktop Design

* One Poster with Windows® 7 Desktop Design

* Ten Tote Bags with Windows® 7 Desktop Design for hosts and guests

* One table top centerpiece for decoration

* One package of Windows® 7 napkins

napkins? :crazy:

Back